Apl 2018

kupenda

I blow dried and lightly flat ironed my hair about two weeks ago but was great for the first two days but after that :nono:

So I washed last night and did a quick in shower conditioning with Trader Joe’s conditioner (love that stuff) before flat twisting the back on wet hair with Hairveda Whipped Creme and prepping for my half wig. Today I will take down the twists to thoroughly finger detangle, moisturize, seal and retwist. I will trim my ends, hopefully for the last time for awhile, at the end of this week

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Welp....just getting back online after losing my sister...hardest thing to deal with. I had to go to a local salon before her services for a quick flat twist updo as I didn't trust anyone straightening my hair. I think I still had a setback as I saw lots of hair on the floor.

I plan to take this style out by the end of the week and love on my hair. Just ordered the hot head cap to help with deep conditioning.

I'm not going to begin to pretend that I know what you are going through, but I will say don't let anyone convince you of what your mourning process should be. Take as much time as you need, scream and kick as much as you need, cry as much as you need, and remember there is no time limit. Sending positive vibes and strength your way.

faithVA

Welp....just getting back online after losing my sister...hardest thing to deal with. I had to go to a local salon before her services for a quick flat twist updo as I didn't trust anyone straightening my hair. I think I still had a setback as I saw lots of hair on the floor.

I plan to take this style out by the end of the week and love on my hair. Just ordered the hot head cap to help with deep conditioning.
:big hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have great support around you. My thoughts and prayers go with you.

faithVA

I did a curlformer set this weekend. I had as much breakage of my ends as if I had did a blow dry and flat iron. My ends just dry way before the rest of my hair with curl formers . I will use magnetic rollers next time.

I'm concerned though that the dryer is drying out my scalp even though it's on cool. We shall see.

Cattypus1

All loced up...

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you’re back.

gvin89

Thank you all for the love....God knows it's holding me up. I am trying to get back on track with my hair although I really don't feel like it. I am trying shea butter as a sealant on top of my moisturizing. I see a nice change in my daughter's hair because I've been more consistent. I also made an african black soap shampoo/body wash....love it!!!! I think I still want box braids...smh.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal

So sorry for your loss my dear.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I measured my hair last night and I’ve come to the conclusion that my neck is too long.

My hair is 10” at the longest parts and that’s the middle. The front is 9” and my nape is the shortest area at 6”. If my neck was shorter and I was shorter, I’d probably be apl by now :lol:

faithVA

I measured my hair last night and I’ve come to the conclusion that my neck is too long.

My hair is 10” at the longest parts and that’s the middle. The front is 9” and my nape is the shortest area at 6”. If my neck was shorter and I was shorter, I’d probably be apl by now :lol:
I feel you. If my head was smaller I would be able to bun.

I have a long neck as well but never thought to measure it.

Is your nape fragile? Is that why it' much shorter?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn

I thought it was just me lol.

I have been just cruising with my hair. My mini braids are holding up well but this will probably the last week they are in. I think I isolated the cause of my dryness. The conditioner and leave-in I was using both had light amounts of protein which together wasn't working. I'm still using the leave-in because I like it, but I don't think I'll get the conditioner again.

I want to color my hair, but I also don't feel like going to Sally's to get the developer.

faithVA

Today was my wash day. My scalp was so happy to have some water. I used the Mane Choice 3 in 1 conditioner. My hair loves it. I need to see if she makes a bigger bottle. I spritzed my hair with diluted TGIN leave-in. I am trying bantu knots on wet hair this time. I was able to put my hair up in 16 bantu knots. I was surprised. I thought I would need about 20 or so.. But who knows how it will turn out tomorrow. It could just be frizz city. I also don't know how long it will take them to dry. I may sit under the dryer for 30 minutes tomorrow.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I guess this is my starting pic... hopefully I’ll be full APL with no back fat by June!

View attachment 423593
You're pretty much there! Just maybe a month or so and you can claim it outright.

Today I made a moisturizer with shea butter, castor oil. aloe vera and peppermint oil. (I forgot to add coconut oil, maybe I still can). I used it on my daughter's hair and scalp. I massaged her scalp with it on my finger tips. Her hair felt soft and moisturized after. I put in single braids in her hair after. She undid them within an hour. :lol:

I got a hydrating treatment and flat ironed my hair yesterday. It looks and feels great! In the next two weeks I will be installing crochet locs again. I usually keep those in for 8 weeks but this time I will trim my ends when I take them down.

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
IMG_2068.JPG I finally have a starting pic. I took out my weave this weekend and blowdried. I need a trim soon, I think.

I need a rest from using fake hair to style for a little bit. I plan to just wash and style once a week, focusing in on DC'ing with heat regularly, moisturizing my hair, and treating it gently.

kupenda

I basically ignored my hair for three weeks. I’m supposed to invert this week but I haven’t felt well, headaches and all. Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow. Last night I cowashed with Trader Joe’s nourish spa and moisturized with Bekura honey latte before twisting with Shea butter and going to bed. I then decided to wear a hat all day since it was kinda cute and my hair hadn’t dried completely yet (blame it on the Shea butter). I’ll do a scalp massage tonight for sure

faithVA

My ends are breaking like crazy. I think that second blow dry and then the curlformer set made my ends even more unhappy than they usually are. So I'm doing a protein treatment with Komaza. I'm sitting under the dryer now. I'm getting ready to rinse this out and then I will DC with TGIN's deep conditioner.

Hopefully this combination will hold my ends until I dust in April. I need to buy some more Komaza proteing conditioner. I have some Nexxus Emergencee left but that's about it.

faithVA

I rinsed out the protein conditioner and this is probably the first time I could honestly tell my hair felt stronger. I don't know if that is good or bad. Hopefully, this is a sign that this move is getting my hair back to normal. I hope not too much damage is done. With this shrinkage though it is so hard to tell where I'm at. :ohwell: Will just have to be patient and stay the course.

faithVA

I picked up some more of my color at The Vitamin Shoppe yesterday. I will probably color next weekend since it is a long weekend.

quirkydimples

I haven’t had a trim in like 6 months, so I got one day before yesterday. My last cut was a mess (the woman broke out some clippers...and I was out). She took off a little more than I wanted, but I needed it. I won’t be getting another trim for a while, though.
View attachment 420973 View attachment 420975 View attachment 420977 View attachment 420979
Relaxed my hair last night. Forgot to take photos, but this is it before I cross wrap it (I spin pin the top and the crown first)
357BE5D5-7CB4-4843-B25F-8EE28AE83C55.jpeg

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I took my mini braids out over the weekend and did a shampoo and deep condition. Also did a super quick search and destroy because my ends felt really dry. I may end up needing a full trim, but I'm going to reassess next month.

I'm going to do some flat twists into a bun and leave them up for about 2 weeks.