Apl\bsb 2019 Challenge

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Cowashed with some APB Pumpkin DC and Banyan Botanicals Bhringraj Oil mixture - (this is a major hit by the way) and final rinsed with my diy herbal tea rinse - left in the latter.

I really like the shine of my hair at the moment. I am about to massage some Castor Argan drops (used for growth) on my scalp and head to bed.

Oh! I looked at this oil but it was just so expensive lol what makes it a major hit? I’m currently using CRN cocoa nibs Ayurvedic oil which I really like but I like to have an alternative for all my hair products. Ya kno, just in case

faithVA

With doing henna I can more easily monitor my hair growth. As of today I have 1/4 inch of growth in the front. I am curious to see if I get another 4th in the next 12 days.

Now I know that if my grays aren't annoying me then I haven't gained 1/2 inch. I will see at which growth market I am annoyed. :lol:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My first set of mini braids this year went in. Everything was dry. My scalp, parts of my hair, my ends. I'm seriously thinking of starting to grease my scalp for these colder months.

Aggie

Oh! I looked at this oil but it was just so expensive lol what makes it a major hit? I’m currently using CRN cocoa nibs Ayurvedic oil which I really like but I like to have an alternative for all my hair products. Ya kno, just in case
The Banyan Botanical bhringraj oil is a hit because it is one of the ayurveda oils that actually makes my hair feel soft rather than stiff. It cools my scalp and grow my hair. I will most likely keep it in my stash even though it is pretty expensive like you say. Give www.banyanbotanicals.com a try. They offer free shipping at purchases of $60 or more as well. HTH!

SleepyJean

I did my relaxer this weekend. I followed my relaxer with Aphogee 2 Min reconstructor like I normally do, but this time, I slept with it on my hair overnight. I felt my hair needed it. I was worried that the protein might cause some reversion, but I didn't notice any when I ran my fingers through my hair in the morning.

I've always tried to keep a simple regimen, because I've retained the most growth that way but honestly my regimen is what it is now because of plain and simple laziness. I just don't make the time for my hair like I used to. It felt nice taking extra care of my hair. It reminded me of what I love about doing my hair. It can be therapeutic. It gives me time to be introspective and be alone with my thoughts. I used to do that all the time. Now? Not so much.

I'll flat iron my hair and add pictures to the thread in the next couple of weeks. I want to let my hair recuperate from the relaxer before I add direct heat. :)

faithVA

I'm still rinsing and conditioning every other day. My hair doesn't feel as dry so going to stick with it. After conditioning I'm just puttinng in 4 flat twists on each side. I'm not sure how often I need to use a cleanser. I will evaluate this weekend to see if I can do every other week.

gforceroy

I wasn't going to join but I got a trim this month and my hair is longer than I thought!

What length are you now?
Collarbone length

What's your regimen?
I get my hair braided in circle every 2 or 3 weeks at the salon. She does a deep treatment, blow dries and rebraids.
This seems to be the best for my hair currently to retain the most length.

I wear wigs most of the time now.
Daily I spray a leave in and use edge entity on my edges.

What do you need to do/change to reach APL?
I am trying to be more consistent with moisturizing my hair because it makes a difference. The way I do it now changed as well. I am low porosity and my stylist pointed out how my old leave in had protein, I didn't even notice :abducted: . I stopped using heavy oils as well. Also take my vitamins daily (MSM).

What month do you expect to reach your goal?
Hopefully by the end of the year. Maybe I can make BSB ( line 6) if not at least APL :look:

Post your starting pic.
Line 4 is APL I think. I fixed my shirt after taking this picture

Attachments

• 20190124_091311.jpg
    20190124_091311.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

faithVA

I wasn't going to join but I got a trim this month and my hair is longer than I thought!

What length are you now?
Collarbone length

What's your regimen?
I get my hair braided in circle every 2 or 3 weeks at the salon. She does a deep treatment, blow dries and rebraids.
This seems to be the best for my hair currently to retain the most length.

I wear wigs most of the time now.
Daily I spray a leave in and use edge entity on my edges.

What do you need to do/change to reach APL?
I am trying to be more consistent with moisturizing my hair because it makes a difference. The way I do it now changed as well. I am low porosity and my stylist pointed out how my old leave in had protein, I didn't even notice :abducted: . I stopped using heavy oils as well. Also take my vitamins daily (MSM).

What month do you expect to reach your goal?
Hopefully by the end of the year. Maybe I can make BSB ( line 6) if not at least APL :look:

Post your starting pic.
Line 4 is APL I think. I fixed my shirt after taking this picture
Welcome to the thread.

You are really flexible. I would have to break my arm to reach my hair at that length :lol:

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I washed out my straight hair. Kind of rushed my hair routine which I know is a no-no, but I'm back to being rather busy. Not really an excuse, I could have pushed it to the weekend. I thought I missed my curls, but eh..... lol. They are always angry after they've been straight for awhile. I'll have to baby it for the next few weeks until it forgives me.

and throw away my flat irons T_T

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
With doing henna I can more easily monitor my hair growth. As of today I have 1/4 inch of growth in the front. I am curious to see if I get another 4th in the next 12 days.

Now I know that if my grays aren't annoying me then I haven't gained 1/2 inch. I will see at which growth market I am annoyed. :lol:

I get a halo at my roots within two weeks of coloring. I did a full henna on 1/19, just noticed a full halo around my face. At this rate, I will need to full henna every four weeks.

faithVA

I get a halo at my roots within two weeks of coloring. I did a full henna on 1/19, just noticed a full halo around my face. At this rate, I will need to full henna every four weeks.
Yeah I get the halo within 2 weeks as well. I paying attention to what week is the max before it drives me crazy. Right now I'm at 3/8 of an inch in 4 weeks and its tolerable. I will see if i can make i weeks or if 6 is my. it off. But growing less than 1/2 inch a month leads me to believe i can make 8 weeks.

SleepyJean

I'm washing, deep conditioning, and flat ironing my hair this Friday. I'll have better gauge of where I'm starting then.

I'm going to use my Sally's coupon to buy some more protein treatments before the month is up. I think I might sleep in the ORS replenishing conditioner tonight, if I feel up to doing my hair at all. :lachen: