Apl\bsb 2019 Challenge

faithVA

:yay: I finished my hair. As I thought, I gained more thickness and just a little length. I didn't make APL. My crown is now neck length. The upper back is now just reaching my shoulder.

My hair is healthier this year than last year. Hopefully in 2020 that translates into length.

December 2018 is on the left. December 2019 on the right.
20181221_174323.jpg 20191213_225918.jpg
20181221_174639.jpg 20191213_230417.jpg
20181221_174623.jpg 20191213_225713.jpg
20181221_174713.jpg 20191213_225608.jpg

Aggie

:yay: I finished my hair. As I thought, I gained more thickness and just a little length. I didn't make APL. My crown is now neck length. The upper back is now just reaching my shoulder.

My hair is healthier this year than last year. Hopefully in 2020 that translates into length.

December 2018 is on the left. December 2019 on the right.
View attachment 453635 View attachment 453647
View attachment 453639 View attachment 453649
View attachment 453637 View attachment 453645
View attachment 453641 View attachment 453643
Wowwww! Nice @faithVA. Your hair has so much improved. Whatever you are doing girl, keep doing it. It's working. Slow and steady wins.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@faithVA You've made some legit progress!! Your hair definitely looks healthier, fuller and thicker!
@shawnyblazes Your hair looks really really healthy. It's in great shape and very thick at the ends! Where does your hair fall on your body? It's hard for me to tell.
Thanks. @ckisland
I’m at the bottom of BSB but an inch away from BSL depending what on bra I have on.

faithVA

I did my regular flat twist out. Just playing around to see if I have anything in my stash that will work as a styling product. I will probably wear it out tomorrow and put it back up into flat twist tomorrow night. I like my flat ironed hair but it is so soft it doesn't hold a style. It wont even hold my flat twist well. I put in bantu knots tonight and will see what it looks like.

20191215_175000.jpg

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I don't like heat on my hair. Its so apparent its fine and like cotton candy. @faithVA I put bantuknots in last night and it barely held the style but I didn't put a styler. Just used a little butter on my hair.

it's very wispy , lightweight and soft. Tonight, I'll attempt to put in some type of braids that will stay until Saturday when I will henna.

faithVA

I don't like heat on my hair. Its so apparent its fine and like cotton candy. @faithVA I put bantuknots in last night and it barely held the style but I didn't put a styler. Just used a little butter on my hair.

it's very wispy , lightweight and soft. Tonight, I'll attempt to put in some type of braids that will stay until Saturday when I will henna.
Yeah if you want some curls, you have to definitely use something for hold.

AmethystLily

Cynic on the outside; Dreamer on the inside
I mentioned this in the "random hair thoughts" thread: I noticed something that's a happy surprise... I believe I can officially claim APL. Still a pain in the tail-feather to take pics of my back, but that would've been the clearest way to show it. That said, even in the front I brush APL fully stretched.
For reference/comparison:
December 2018
IMG_20181219_183517.jpg

July 2019
IMG_20190709_164230.jpg

September 2019
IMG_20190930_022654.jpg

December 2019
IMG_20191225_172611 (2).jpg

It seems that braids work best with my hair as far as health and length retention. Far less daily manipulation, generally easy to clean/moisturize, and fairly long-lasting (I try not to leave them in more than a month for fear of matting). Now if I can lay off the scissors other than for dusting the barest minimum...

Last edited:

Aggie

Today I had some time on my hands so I washed and deep conditioned my hair. MY scalp was a little itchy too so here is what I used:

-Nairobi Detox Shampoo
-Nairobi PamperSoft Moisturizing & Detangling Shampoo
-Nairobi PamperPak Moisturizing Conditioning Treatment
-Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Protein leave-in followed by
-Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey leave-in
-Air Drying and will M/S with Nairobi Daily Moisturizing Hairdress and sealed with a combination of Nairobi Vita-Sheen and some diy shea butter.

faithVA

I mentioned this in the "random hair thoughts" thread: I noticed something that's a happy surprise... I believe I can officially claim APL. Still a pain in the tail-feather to take pics of my back, but that would've been the clearest way to show it. That said, even in the front I brush APL fully stretched.
For reference/comparison:
December 2018
View attachment 454025

July 2019
View attachment 454027

September 2019
View attachment 454029

December 2019
View attachment 454023

It seems that braids work best with my hair as far as health and length retention. Far less daily manipulation, generally easy to clean/moisturize, and fairly long-lasting (I try not to leave them in more than a month for fear of matting). Now if I can lay off the scissors other than for dusting the barest minimum...
Congratulations on reaching your goal.

faithVA

I cut off quite a bit from the back and now it is pretty short. Even straightened it doesn't fit into my bun. Even though it is pretty short, it feels so much better with the bad ends cut off.

Tonight I shampooed, did an amino acid treatment. Now I'm DCing. I will rinse and DC overnight. I will finish up tomorrow.