Apl - Bsb 2020 Length Challenge

What's your Goal Length in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I wish. Frizz is a friend and enemy. lol Without it, you would see scalp, with it, you see frizz.

Im not in corporate america but I work 85% with management so I feel some type of way about my hair when I take off this hat.

I'm going to try to add in a styler this weekend and see if it helps me. When I let others twist my hair it comes out perfect. I just don't want to pay someone to do what I should be able to do after all this years.

@keranikki

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I wish. Frizz is a friend and enemy. lol Without it, you would see scalp, with it, you see frizz.

Im not in corporate america but I work 85% with management so I feel some type of way about my hair when I take off this hat.

I'm going to try to add in a styler this weekend and see if it helps me. When I let others twist my hair it comes out perfect. I just don't want to pay someone to do what I should be able to do after all this years.

@keranikki

I feel you. I don’t wear twists due to the frizz factor after two days and my density is lower than yours. I hope a styler works out for you. Keep me posted, please.

Aggie

Good evening ladies. Today I used:

-Amika Normcore Signature Shampoo :lick: very moisturizing and a little goes a long way
-Amika Normcore Signature Conditioner as a quick rinse out - meh, don't need this one
-Amika Triple Rx Mask (protein) :lick: slip galore - only need a little
-Amika Nourishing Mask (moisturizing) :drool:slots of slip as well - only need a little as well

-Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-in mixed with Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion and will seal later with maybe some Nairobi Vita-Sheen Hairdress and/or diy Shea Butter.

-Bunning to style and using Dominican Magic Hair Gel and Bambu Hair Lotion

Last edited:

ckisland

I don't know why, but my hair's breaking like it's going out of style!! I haven't used heat and I've been following all of the rules I was going to try out for January. I don't get this level of breakage at all when my hair is straight. I'm a little frustrated because I was expecting the opposite to happen. I just noticed that my ends are drier than I'm used to. I think that I'm going to wash and straighten my hair, so that I don't have to think about it on a daily basis.

Aggie

I don't know why, but my hair's breaking like it's going out of style!! I haven't used heat and I've been following all of the rules I was going to try out for January. I don't get this level of breakage at all when my hair is straight. I'm a little frustrated because I was expecting the opposite to happen. I just noticed that my ends are drier than I'm used to. I think that I'm going to wash and straighten my hair, so that I don't have to think about it on a daily basis.
@ckisland

This was happening to me when I was using Wetline Xtreme Gel - new formula. I quickly dropped it like a hot potato. I am so sorry you are having this issue and hope you can find out what's casuing the breakage so you can fix it.

Aggie

This is my regimen for tomorrow:

-Nairobi Detox Shampoo
-Nairobi Pamper Soft Detangling Shampoo
-Dominican Magic Hair Follicle Anti-Aging Treatment (protein)
-Naturelle Grow Indian Rose Clay Mask (moisturizing)
-Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion Leave-in
-DIY Shea Butter and Nairobi Vita-Sheen Hairdress to seal
-Either bunning or big plaits under a wig for styling

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
This is my regimen for tomorrow:

-Nairobi Detox Shampoo
-Nairobi Pamper Soft Detangling Shampoo
-Dominican Magic Hair Follicle Anti-Aging Treatment (protein)
-Naturelle Grow Indian Rose Clay Mask (moisturizing)
-Product Junkie's Smoothing Lotion Leave-in
-DIY Shea Butter and Nairobi Vita-Sheen Hairdress to seal
-Either bunning or big plaits under a wig for styling
@Aggie if you bun can you post a picture ?

what smoothing lotion are you using by product junkie natural ?

faithVA

@faithVA When I do my twists I do them on damp hair or dry hair to give the hair a little fullness. They look plumper that way. The second day the hair shrinks down some and they start to look scraggly. I pull them back under my hat at work which stretches the hair and after about a week , they are extra skinny looking. Usually on the weekends, I take the twists out and fluff until it looks fuller.

OK. Yeah I have that problem too. I found that using a styling foam instead of a gel helped them have more plumpness. But I'm still playing around with it and haven't mastered that.

faithVA

I'm sorry about the breakage. Is it perhaps super dry where you are? Do you need to deep condition more?

Aggie

@Aggie if you bun can you post a picture ?

what smoothing lotion are you using by product junkie natural ?

Correction:

Curl Junkie not product Junkie. My bad :giggle:

And yes I can post a pic if I decide to bun my hair. I simply put it back in one with some curly synthetic hair around the satin/elastic band similar to this but go all the way to 5:15 minutes for the final look:

I don't do all that baby hair stuff though. I'm a little too old for that and I'm not trying to look 16 years old anyway.

ckisland

@ckisland

This was happening to me when I was using Wetline Xtreme Gel - new formula. I quickly dropped it like a hot potato. I am so sorry you are having this issue and hope you can find out what's casuing the breakage so you can fix it.
I hope so too :(

I'm sorry about the breakage. Is it perhaps super dry where you are? Do you need to deep condition more?
I'm in ATL and there was a crazy downpour just today. So, no dry air here.

I wash, DC'd, blowdried and flatironed my hair. I lost double the amount of hair I lost the last time I washed!! Hair was everywhere (during the washing process)! My hair looks okay (doesn't look thinner), but it doesn't feel right. The ends are definitely drier than usual. Sigh. I'm not cutting my hair again, which was my first thought LOL! Next time I wash, I'll use my Aphogee 2 Min to help strengthen my hair. I'm hoping that I'll see a decrease in breakage while handling my hair this week.

I wonder if my hair has just experienced too much wear and tear, and is just coming out now. I am heat trained and the length of my hair is pretty straight. I hope that that's not it because I do not want to BC anytime soon. . .for now.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Correction:

Curl Junkie not product Junkie. My bad :giggle:

And yes I can post a pic if I decide to bun my hair. I simply put it back in one with some curly synthetic hair around the satin/elastic band similar to this but go all the way to 5:15 minutes for the final look:

I don't do all that baby hair stuff though. I'm a little too old for that and I'm not trying to look 16 years old anyway.
This is cute. I can’t do it though. I’m in the no additional hair but my own hair challenge. @Aggie

apple_natural

I hope so too :(

I wash, DC'd, blowdried and flatironed my hair. I lost double the amount of hair I lost the last time I washed!! Hair was everywhere (during the washing process)! My hair looks okay (doesn't look thinner), but it doesn't feel right. The ends are definitely drier than usual. Sigh. I'm not cutting my hair again, which was my first thought LOL! Next time I wash, I'll use my Aphogee 2 Min to help strengthen my hair. I'm hoping that I'll see a decrease in breakage while handling my hair this week.

I never have solutions to things, but there is the Aphoghee 2 minute and then the Aphoghee 2step? Have you tried the 2 step?

I'm so sorry this is happening. Breakage literally makes me cry like a pet died. It will reverse somehow.... by the way, what do you dc with? What is your heat protectant?

Clarify?

apple_natural

I washed and conditioned. Oiled my scalp and put on Shea butter on my braids. I'm being suuuuuppppeer lazy about rebraiding. I did a few at the top last week Sunday. I guess I can do a few tomorrow, which is Sunday.

Nutrition & Supplements
I've been forgetting to take my vitamin c with my msm. I have a bit of vitamin in the other things that I put in the smoothie that I add the msm to, so hopefully that has been helping, but I doubt it. ...I'm not using collagen. I broke out when I tried it. Plus, my diet is otherwise animal free and I like that. ...I have yet to make cooked veggies that I'm supposed to be eating daily and I ran out of mushrooms about 2 weeks ago and haven't replaced, but I am doing well with everything nutritional overall!.... I ordered b12

I guess that's it for my update. I'm just here wondering when I'm going to see 11 inches. Hopefully in February.

ckisland

I never have solutions to things, but there is the Aphoghee 2 minute and then the Aphoghee 2step? Have you tried the 2 step?

I'm so sorry this is happening. Breakage literally makes me cry like a pet died. It will reverse somehow.... by the way, what do you dc with? What is your heat protectant?

Clarify?
Yeah, this breakage came on so suddenly!! I'm so worried about having a setback :( .
I use Aphogee 2 Min, but I haven't in a few weeks, so I'll definitely be using it the next time I wash. I usually DC with ORS Coconut and Baobab deep conditioning pack. I used Tresemme heat protectant and I love it. I also shampoo with ORS Aloe Shampoo every time I straighten my hair and that gets rid of build up. I'm going to keep my hair straight for the next couple of weeks to see if the breakage slows down, which would be really counter-intuitive :spinning:.

Kells

Ok, so my starting pics.....

This was an asymmetric cut that was colored and straightened with a Brazilian Keratin treatment.
The sides and back were completely shaved.
I'll eventually even it out.

First pic, my phone's in the way, but front bangs come to the tip of my nose just about.

Second pic of my right side can barely go into a rubberband.
The back above my nape can all be pulled into one rubberband.
The nape can be pulled into 2 rubberbands.

Third picture is my left side and is earlobe length stretched.
The top and left side can be pulled into one bun.

Whenever I've grown my hair out from really really short lengths, I always do this Rubber Band Method where I place little buns around my head until all the little ponytails eventually morph into one bun lol
It looks crazy but I never leave the house looking like that.
Wigs or headwraps for out of the house

Alright, I'm ready to Grow!!

Attachments

• 20200114_213554.jpg
    20200114_213554.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200114_213459.jpg
    20200114_213459.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200114_213352.jpg
    20200114_213352.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 58

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Took those twists down last night and put in a low bun.

I need to clarify on Saturday. Shea butter residue sitting near my scalp and hair is grayish.

I should have known better but oh well. Other than a slight hard feeling , its more that it looks like product buildup than anything else.

Attachments

• CFD24A66-C956-4200-9C43-24BFE3E25ECD.jpeg
    CFD24A66-C956-4200-9C43-24BFE3E25ECD.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

faithVA

I'm doing some type of rinse, cowash, shampoo every 3 days. Today shampooed, conditioned, gelled and twisted. I tried the Sheam Moisture gel. I can't figure it out. I've used it twice. I tossed it tonight.

I'm tossing stuff that doesn't work in the first 2 tries. I'm clearing out my stash to make room for things I really like.

Just put my hair up in my regular flat twists. I thought about doing 2 strands but got lazy.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm doing some type of rinse, cowash, shampoo every 3 days. Today shampooed, conditioned, gelled and twisted. I tried the Sheam Moisture gel. I can't figure it out. I've used it twice. I tossed it tonight.

I'm tossing stuff that doesn't work in the first 2 tries. I'm clearing out my stash to make room for things I really like.

Just put my hair up in my regular flat twists. I thought about doing 2 strands but got lazy.
Which Shea moisture gel? The hibiscus one I use under hard holding products. It acts like a curl activator gel to me. It’s not a true gel @faithVA