Apl - Bsb 2020 Length Challenge

What's your Goal Length in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Yeah I think it was the hibiscus one. I couldn't figure out what to do with it and I didn't want to try :lol: They do call it a souffle and not a gel :ohwell:
Yup. If you still have it. Try it over your leave in and under a hard holding product. It’s the only product I love from SM. Works like a charm as moisturizing under something. Pea size amount. Took me a whole year to use a jar. @faithVA

Aggie

Today I used:

-Design Essentials Milk & Honey Neutralizing Shampoo
-Design Essentials Milk & Honey 6 in 1 Reconstructor
-Amika Triple Rx Mask (protein treatment)
-Amika Nourishing Mask (moisturizing mask)
-Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion Leave-in
-Fenugreek Tea Rinse on Scalp as my growth aid
-Braided in 3 big plaits to style under wigs as my protective style for the week.

faithVA

I'm keeping it fairly simple right now. I'm cleansing, conditioning and styling 2 times a week, once on the weekend and usually Wednesday during the week. I put my hair in 4 flat twist so there isn't a lot of styling time. I will work with this through February and then re-evaluate.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Right now, I refuse to purchase anything hair related until I use up my stash. My product junkie self went out of control in 2019. Today, I oil rinsed my hair with apricot oil, then added APB Spinach Mask. I layered my hair with Sirod Naturals Rice Leave-In and SPB Curl Pudding.

Two weeks ago, I realized that I may wash my hair too often. My hair was unusually dry for the month of January, even after clarifying. So for the month of February, I'm going to try to wash my hair every to weeks instead of once a week. If stretching my wash days out doesn't help, then I know it's the products I'm using and I may need to revamp.

faithVA

Sorry I have been MIA. I don't know what I have been doing.

I've been doing BGC 30 day detox since the beginning of January. I've been cleansing, conditioning, styling (CCS) my hair every 3 days. So far so good. It has simplified my regimen. No additional growth or retention right now.

I will just keep doing what I'm doing.

Aggie

Here's my regimen:

-Nairobi Pampersoft Moisturizing shampoo
-Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatment
-Dudley's Cream Protein Moisturizing DC
-Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion Leave-in
-Big Braids under wig to style.

faithVA

Yesterday I did CCS and styled with The Doux. I kept it simple since I planned on doing my color today. With this new regimen my hair is fairly straight when I twist and there is very little product build up. So today I was able to color my hair without shampooing first. And because it was straight it was easier to apply my color.

I used the shampoo that came with the color. I didn't use the conditioner since it had silicones. I used my regular Kirkland conditioner. Then I applied The Doux foam and just put in twist. Tomorrow morning I will put in a style that will get me through my bike ride. Tomorrow night I will style it for work on Tuesday.

I know I had at least 1/2 inch of growth but it may have been over 5 to 6 weeks versus 4 weeks. I'm not sure if I retained any of that. I've been still doing search and destroys but my ends seem to be getting a little better each week.

I'm really enjoying the simplicity of this new regimen. I'm not sure if I am retaining any more but each week my hair gets easier to do. And I'm no longer afraid to use shampoo on my hair.

ckisland

I've officially decided to transition out my heat damaged hair. I would like to say that I'll last until December, but I highly doubt that I would last that long. If I last 2 months, I'd be shocked :lachen:. I may just let it get to BSL and then big chop again.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm hanging in there. Today I was feeling scissor happy, but didn't go through with the mission of cutting all of the color out of my hair. I did a WNG instead. I'm currently in the thickening phase, so I'm not getting any length; but, I have a new hair growing in. It just seems that this "new hair" has a short life span. I'm not sure of what I'm doing wrong, but I will be tweaking my diet and starting a new vitamin regimen on 1 March.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I was being lazy over the weekend so I didnt do a full wash day and I didnt even twist it.

I cleansed with CR Cleansing Milks, did 5 minute deep condition and then styled for a washngo. Woke up this morning with my hair all over my head. Fluffed it and kept it moving. I wear a hat at work so Its like oh well, lol.

I have a feeling Im going to do my hair when I get off today.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Wore that washngo for a week. It was beautiful.

And I paid for it today. My hair when curly wants to stay curly. It hates being detangled.

I pulled some much hair out. Learned my lesson. If I’m going to wear it curly I have to reset it every three days.

Smh.

apple_natural

getting back to oiling. i blame my fall off of the habit to my sisters hating the smell. i made a new batch that is lighter in scent and works well with my aloe vera mix spray scent. also, im going to add a scheduled hair day.

HealthyHair2020

So I've been mostly in twists and twist outs these past few weeks. Washing every 2 weeks. I enjoy washing every 2 weeks but I don't know if my hair benefits or not. Did a flat twist on blown out hair last week. Now this week, I'll be blow drying it again before putting in knotless braids! I'll have those in until end of April so I need to take care of my hair while in the braids which should be ok. Excited!

apple_natural

I'm still in kinky twists. I've taken some down to replace them and it looks good although i have not been tying it up for a few weeks. I did put in jelly cream on before I twisted. I put on shea butter too, but I think that washed out when i washed them last week.

I purchased 3 months worth of Hairfinity as well as a length check shirt. They have not arrived yet.
I've been doing well with my liquid biotin. Its very sweet, which makes it easier to remember. I also take b12 spray in the morning since im not eating meat. I was doing well with the gummies before this liquid one. I did finish all of the biotin gummies.