APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

mshoneyfly

So I chopped off about a 1/2" of split ends. I feel so liberated! It was much easier to braid my hair for my wig without stopping to separate scraggly ends. I should've done this months ago.

This time Im gonna monitor how Im treating my ends closely...and no stretching my texturizer. Thats when I seem to cause the most mechanical damage.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I really wanted to sleep in satin foam rollers tonight, but I have already crosswrapped my hair. Maybe tomorrow. I'm sure those are easier to sleep in than the flexirods

iLurk

Found I have a rogue patch of hair that just grows faster than all the rest on the lower right side of my head. Out of nowhere its about an inch and a half away from bsl while the rest of my hair seems to need about 3 inches. Not going to bother cutting it I'm just gonna wait for the rest of my hair to play catch up

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was looking at old pics and the right side of my hair used to be longer. Now the left side is longer. I think it's because of uneven haircuts. I'm always afraid of that... Well I will be doing my own trims from here on out :yep:

PlainJane

I straightened and gave myself another trim. I cut an inch and will probably dust at the end of December.
My ends are so thin I probably won't straighten for a while. I will be so glad when I gain some length from this transition. I think I get 5 inches a year in growth.
I purchased Giovanni SAS and it did nothing for me. I also repurchased AOGBP and can't remember why I stopped using it.
I'm still going to try to find a slippery leave in so I can try a roller set for the third time.
I am determined to learn to rollerset and I will try a ponytail set this time

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I dry shampood my hair last night. It has a lot more body now. If I feel up to it later I am going to do a satin foam roller set.

Eta: I rollerset my hair. I used Neutrogena silk touch cream and medium and small sponge rollers. I used LaurenMichelle's method. I started winding in the middle first and ends last. Hopefully my curls will be set my tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

ronie

I was planning to flatiron for my 2 years post BC in February. But now I am itching to do it for this thanksgiving party we rehiring to.
If I don't, I might get some nice crochet braids.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Speaking of lipstick... my 2 year old daughter got into my purse and smeared my plum lipstick all over her face and body and bed. I wanted to be mad, but it was funny :lol:

PlainJane

DCed with AOGBP today and used Giovanni direct leave in for the first time. It helped so much with detangling! I'll see how much moisture it gives before I call it a staple. I'm so tired of looking for staples but I'm determined to find mine by the end of the year.

I enjoyed having my straight hair for a week but I missed the thickness. My ideal hair is like youtuber Itsmyrayeraye. I just want the fluff!

PlainJane

I want this so bad. Hopefully I can get this look once I make MBL because I don't want to grow any longer than that!

Attachments

• image-3920847681.jpg
    image-3920847681.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 77

snoop

So I attempted to do a blow out then a press on my own hair. I wasn't totally happy with some of the products that I was trying out coupled with I didn't really know what I was doing, so I got some breakage as a result. My hair was also reverting as I was pressing it, so I opted for a flat twist out as my final result. I'm hoping that my length wasn't compromised too much and that I can claim BSL at the end of this year or early next year.

Attachments

• Blowout_Nov2014.jpg
    Blowout_Nov2014.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 54
  • FlatTwistout_Nov2014.jpg
    FlatTwistout_Nov2014.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 57

Adiatasha

image-2244454763.jpg

Blow out on both pictures.

Pic on the left is from 2 weeks ago. Pic on the right is from last September. I don't have as much length as I thought I would. But the thickness I have gained is awesome!!

The pink line is where I'm going to cut :(
And then back into a weave on Friday until February

curls4daze

Blow out on both pictures. Pic on the left is from 2 weeks ago. Pic on the right is from last September. I don't have as much length as I thought I would. But the thickness I have gained is awesome!! The pink line is where I'm going to cut :( And then back into a weave on Friday until February

Great growth!

PinkyPromise

I put faux locs in, but they were ugly so I took them out :( I just can't do the weave thing anymore. So now I'm in mini twists until the first week of Dec and Im still taking Hairfinity.

ronie

Speaking of lipstick... my 2 year old daughter got into my purse and smeared my plum lipstick all over her face and body and bed. I wanted to be mad, but it was funny :lol:
You don't know what you're more upset about: the mess or the loss of your lipstick, lollll. But then 2 years old are the most adorable. They have a way of saying sorry that you just cannot resist.

ronie

Blow out on both pictures. Pic on the left is from 2 weeks ago. Pic on the right is from last September. I don't have as much length as I thought I would. But the thickness I have gained is awesome!! The pink line is where I'm going to cut :( And then back into a weave on Friday until February
adistasha
Very nice. You will still be grazing BSL after your trim from the angle you're showing.
snoop I love your results in the second picture.

PlainJane

Okay sealing with chi silk infusion might have been what went wrong. Not sure why I even tried to use it as a "sealant" in the first place :spinning:

Does anyone use jbco hair food? I'm thinking about ordering. I am liking shea butter but I would like one more option for a heavy sealant.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Okay sealing with chi silk infusion might have been what went wrong. Not sure why I even tried to use it as a "sealant" in the first place :spinning:

Does anyone use jbco hair food? I'm thinking about ordering. I am liking shea butter but I would like one more option for a heavy sealant.

What happened? I think the cold air is robbing our hair and skin of moisture so we need to use thick oils or butters to seal with. Castor oil is a good one

PlainJane

What happened? I think the cold air is robbing our hair and skin of moisture so we need to use thick oils or butters to seal with. Castor oil is a good one
That is exactly what happened. My hair lost all softness by the next day so I'm going to wet my hair tonight and add my leave in and seal with shea butter

iLurk

I think I need to stop sleeping in perm rods if I want better retention. i usually do braidouts and put them on the ends of my hair and let them air dry over night so when i move around when i sleep i think the parts where the rollers are secured is snagging some of my hair and breaking it off. my hair does seem like its in a stuck stage so i think this might be part of the problem

Also I'm looking for a new wig because I already hate the one I have. Im tempted to go the sew in route but I dont think I wanna pay sew in money...

Last edited: