APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

bluenvy

Hey ladies, early end of year length check right here! I flat ironed for the holiday last week. I usually flat iron every three mouths. But since I did the month of October and November I will not for this month. My hair should be in a nice protected bun by New Years.

I grew to Apl yay!
I should be Bsl within some months.
Can't wait to see you all progress

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 90

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey ladies, early end of year length check right here! I flat ironed for the holiday last week. I usually flat iron every three mouths. But since I did the month of October and November I will not for this month. My hair should be in a nice protected bun by New Years.

I grew to Apl yay!

Ooooh weeeeee just gorgeous!

apple_natural

I grew to Apl yay!

OMG gorgeous!

Rozlewis

I grew to Apl yay!

bluenvy

Gorgeous hair! Nice, thick, and lush.

APrayer4Hair

image-1070412558.jpg I got my hair straightened and rinsed (black) for my bday on 11/29. Far right is day 1, the two on the left are today. Currently sleeping with rods to curl. Night sweats reverted the ends after 2 days ETA: this is my yr end check as I won't be straightening again til next November...I also got a 1/2 in trim

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I got my hair straightened and rinsed (black) for my bday on 11/29. Far right is day 1, the two on the left are today. Currently sleeping with rods to curl. Night sweats reverted the ends after 2 days ETA: this is my yr end check as I won't be straightening again til next November...I also got a 1/2 in trim

Beautiful! Can I officially say that I hate y'all? Lol nah I love you ladies...wonderful progress.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I will post my end of year update in about 2 weeks when I get my hair blown out again. This year flew by huh?

MsKikiStar

:hiya: Hey y'all! I'm a good 6 weeks late with this update, but it's been kinda crazy. Anyway I hit 2 years post-BC on 10/28 and this is where my length is after about a 1" trim. My goal was BSL, but I have a short torso so I might as well shoot for MBL lol. Not the best pics...

Attachments

• IMG_8505.jpg
    IMG_8505.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8511.JPG
    IMG_8511.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8495.jpg
    IMG_8495.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 52

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
:hiya: Hey y'all! I'm a good 6 weeks late with this update, but it's been kinda crazy. Anyway I hit 2 years post-BC on 10/28 and this is where my length is after about a 1" trim. My goal was BSL, but I have a short torso so I might as well shoot for MBL lol. Not the best pics...

Love your color! And congrats on 2 years.

veesweets

Final length check of the year!
First length check I posted in this thread, then my progress from February (after that horrible fight with the fenugreek seeds :nono:) until now . I wanted to be at least grazing APL by the end of the year and I think I'm close enough to claim that. Using my tattoo as a reference point, I'm pleased with my overall progress. Pushing for BSL for 2015!

One thing I will say, is that I really enjoyed my hair this year. Especially the last six months. I used heat when I wanted, trimmed when I wanted, and did probably only two real months of protective styling :look: I'm going to be a little more health conscious next year but man it felt good to not stress things.

Loving everyone's progress pics! Great job ladies! :yep:

Attachments

• IMG_2982.jpg
    IMG_2982.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6023.JPG
    IMG_6023.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 76

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Final length check of the year!
First length check I posted in this thread, then my progress from February (after that horrible fight with the fenugreek seeds :nono:) until now . I wanted to be at least grazing APL by the end of the year and I think I'm close enough to claim that. Using my tattoo as a reference point, I'm pleased with my overall progress. Pushing for BSL for 2015!

One thing I will say, is that I really enjoyed my hair this year. Especially the last six months. I used heat when I wanted, trimmed when I wanted, and did probably only two real months of protective styling :look: I'm going to be a little more health conscious next year but man it felt good to not stress things.

Loving everyone's progress pics! Great job ladies! :yep:

Congrats! I love your hair. It's so beautiful and thick.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Beautiful! HairPleezeGrow
How long have you been natural?

Thanks! I did a second big chop 2 years ago...i felt like my ends were still relaxed but i dont think they were and it was all in my head. Now i just need to stay away from scissors and only dust but i dont know how. I'm cutting my growth sadly. Here's my 2nd big chop. Any advice for .y ends would be gr8 as I think i cut so much bc of splits.

ForumRunner_20141215_210556.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks! I did a second big chop 2 years ago...i felt like my ends were still relaxed but i dont think they were and it was all in my head. Now i just need to stay away from scissors and only dust but i dont know how. I'm cutting my growth sadly. Here's my 2nd big chop. Any advice for .y ends would be gr8 as I think i cut so much bc of splits.

View attachment 288421

I have learned to let the splits be. Splits don't cause breakage. Dry, brittle or weak strands break. Sometimes overmoisturized hair breaks too. As long as you keep your strands strong (protein) you can keep your ends around until you reach your goal and trim. Think about how many long haired white/hispanic girls walking around with super long hair and split ends. They dye and fry the heck out of their hair... If split ends caused breakage their hair wouldn't have made it to those lengths. I hope that made at least a little bit of sense.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I have learned to let the splits be. Splits don't cause breakage. Dry, brittle or weak strands break. Sometimes overmoisturized hair breaks too. As long as you keep your strands strong (protein) you can keep your ends around until you reach your goal and trim. Think about how many long haired white/hispanic girls walking around with super long hair and split ends. They dye and fry the heck out of their hair... If split ends caused breakage their hair wouldn't have made it to those lengths. I hope that made at least a little bit of sense.

Yes this makes perfect sense. I dont have breakage and cutting for nothing then bc you're right...I keep my moisture and protein balanced. I'm going to lay off the scissors and see what I get. Thanks sis!

NefertariBlu

BUMP.

I will be doing my length check today! I will be straightening my hair to see how much it has grown.

I'm kinda nervous since this is the longest my hair has ever been. This year has been another year of trial and error, but I think I've settled down into a routine.

I think the back is grazing APL but I know the sides are definitely there. The nape has been my problem this year as it's the most fragile so I know I need to work on that part of my hair for 2015.

However, I am happy with my overall growth this year.

I will share pics later.

iLurk

well here's my end of the year lc. i dont think ill ever be even close to escaping apl :sad: