Apl Challenge 2017

Carrie A

I’m noticing that some of you do not consider yourself to be a certain length because all of your hair (eg. front or middle) is not at that length.... am I getting that right?

I consider myself to be between APL and BSL, because that is where my longest layer reaches. However, my shortest layer is shoulder length (middle and front).... so I’m a bit confused. When I see someone with waist length hair, I don’t think that they aren’t waist length just because the front of their hair is at BSL or chin length —if it’s layered to frame their face. Can someone enlighten me on this.

It's a personal preference. By the boards standard the lowest length is the accurate length. However, I've always used the front and middle as the marker. That way the majority of my hair is the goal length. Before my second big chop I had a tail so there was a big difference in lengths. For this challenge I use my front hair as my guide. Now all of my hair is APL while the very back may be approaching BSL (I haven't checked.). Still, I'm going to track the front for challenge. That is unless I reach tailbone length, then I'm calling the back. :)

SAPNK

It's a personal preference. By the boards standard the lowest length is the accurate length. However, I've always used the front and middle as the marker. That way the majority of my hair is the goal length. Before my second big chop I had a tail so there was a big difference in lengths. For this challenge I use my front hair as my guide. Now all of my hair is APL while the very back may be approaching BSL (I haven't checked.). Still, I'm going to track the front for challenge. That is unless I reach tailbone length, then I'm calling the back. :)

I agree that it's probably less important the longer it is. Right now, my hair is like an optical illusion. If it's straight and you look at it from a front view its no where near apl.