Apl Challenge 2017

Wenbev

Ya'll I looked at some bun drop videos.....the dark side of yt... hair oil drenched videos... creampie in the title? Yeah I will just stick to length check videos...lol
have you seen the man bun drop tho? hilarious.
OAN, I decided to straighten my hair bc I'm going to see Diana Ross in concert tonight. :toocool:Anyhow, I found a Dominican salon in my town and never knew there was even one here. They were the ONLY salons I went to when I lived back east.
Soo, got a wash, dc with heat for 30 min, awesome scalp massage, rollerset, blow and flat iron in under 2 hrs. :) Hair feels and looks great. will post a photo.

Evolving78

have you seen the man bun drop tho? hilarious.
OAN, I decided to straighten my hair bc I'm going to see Diana Ross in concert tonight. :toocool:Anyhow, I found a Dominican salon in my town and never knew there was even one here. They were the ONLY salons I went to when I lived back east.
Soo, got a wash, dc with heat for 30 min, awesome scalp massage, rollerset, blow and flat iron in under 2 hrs. :) Hair feels and looks great. will post a photo.
That sounds like a spa day! lol
I'm too scared to look at those bun drop videos! Lol

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My hair is dry..but it is content.

Wash day falls tonight before bed.

Its crazy to think about all of the 5011 things I used to do to over complicate my life for the sake of HHJ.

My hair is fine with simplicity.

faithVA

I bought a cheap ampro gel from the grocer. I guess it has a ton of glycerin. I used it last week and it kept my hair moisturized all week. This may definitely help my retention.

I took my twist down today, moisturized and reapplied the gel.

I will wash this weekend and repeat the process.

Curls&Justice417

Would it be safe to take a regular multi vitamin along with a separate hair, skin, and nail vitamin or is that overkill? I feel like I have practically no hair in my crown area! I know I'm just being paranoid and noticing every little thing that's wrong with my hair because I'm only 4 months into my hair journey. I just want to get my thickness back :cry3:

faithVA

Would it be safe to take a regular multi vitamin along with a separate hair, skin, and nail vitamin or is that overkill? I feel like I have practically no hair in my crown area! I know I'm just being paranoid and noticing every little thing that's wrong with my hair because I'm only 4 months into my hair journey. I just want to get my thickness back :cry3:
:bighug: I don't know much about hair vitamins. So I'm of no help there.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Have you considered adding a bamboo supplement?

Please make sure not to consume excessive doses of Vitamin A.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Saving up to buy extensions for an install. I'm so done with having to style my hair everyday. I'm at full SL now but I have a long way to go to APL. Last time around it took my about 2 years to hit APL from SL. I'm not stressing about it but I'm also not thrilled for this part of the journey because I had so many setbacks last time around. I need to get this install as soon as possible. lol

Curls&Justice417

I just ordered the Beautifully Bamboo supplement. I'll also start on a multivitamin regimen, not only for my hair, but my overall health.

I also scheduled a trim with my trusted stylist. It's been four months since my last trim and I'm due for one. I don't want too much length cut off but I do really want my hair shaped a little bit. I think part of the reason why none of my styles turn out decent is because my hair has no shape since it's grown out from my bob. It looks like I have a big roof on my head or something, it's not cute lol

DST1913

Nothing to report. Been in crotchet braids for the past 2 weeks. I am one of those that do absolutely nothing to their hair when in braids. I find its too much for me. I have fine hair maybe that's why, but it causes a lot of build up and makes it hard for me to take them out. My hair grows more when I just leave it alone.

Sidenote- the last time I had a growth spurt I was working out 3 days a week. Im going to go back to that. I guess working out really helps me with growth

PerfectlyFlawed

Just trimmed off an inch of split/dry/damaged ends, I was doing so good I had my regimen and routine down packed, then a month ago I moved to Texas from Massachusetts. Now the products I was using don't work like the use to, I have to find a new conditioner, leave in and deep conditioner. I just hope I don't have a setback because of this move, it's already cost me 2 months worth of growth.

Edited to correct spelling

Last edited:

faithVA

Just trimmed off an inch of split/dry/damaged ends, I was doing so good I had my regimen and routine down packed, then a month ago I moved to Texas from Massachusetts. Now the products I was using don't work like the use to, I have to find a new conditioner, leave in and deep conditioner. I just hope I don't have a setback because of this move, it's already cost me 2 months work of growth.
Do you need a shower filter for the water? Maybe you can make a thread and ask other ladies from Texas what helps with Texas weather.

Curls&Justice417

Not the best quality photo (my phone sucks and I've been sick all day) but my hair is retaining length! The first pic was taken December 4th, and the second one today. This is after a 1/2 inch trim. She said she cut a half inch but I think it may have been closer to 1/4 inch in the back.
Anyway I wanted to ahead and get my length check in while my hair straight because I won't be straightening it again any time soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170219-123705_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20170219-123705_1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 35

Evolving78

Not the best quality photo (my phone sucks and I've been sick all day) but my hair is retaining length! The first pic was taken December 4th, and the second one today. This is after a 1/2 inch trim. She said she cut a half inch but I think it may have been closer to 1/4 inch in the back.
Anyway I wanted to ahead and get my length check in while my hair straight because I won't be straightening it again any time soon.
Great progress!

faithVA

You are making great progress. It looks nice and healthy.

Evolving78

Thanks ladies! I hope to get to MBL in no time. I was talking to my mom about it and goes, "Yeah well you have always had "good" hair." My eye twitched and I had to just change the subject lol
Yeah, that comment would have looking crazy too. People like that don't wanna put in the work, and just convince themselves it's genetics, or having a looser curl pattern is the key.
My mom can't say that about me, because she fried my hair and was very rough handling with it. Nobody's hair could thrive under her care! Lol she combed my daughter's hair dry and with a small toothed comb. It looked a mess. My daughter's other grandmother did the same thing. That's why she wears wigs and has no edges.

faithVA

Nothing new to report... same ol same ol.

I was googling photos of APL hair and I'm confused. Lol. They all look so different. I suppose its because some are "full" APL where all the hair is one length, and some go by the longest layer touching APL. This hair length business is skressful.
I'm sure they do look different. I know when it's all APL it looks so much longer the when there are layers.

But to stay motivated to keep going we have to call it when we are ready. As soon as my nape reaches I'm coming it be used I'm tired of wrestling with SL :lol: