Apl Challenge 2017

DST1913

Haven't checked in for awhile. Still doing crotchet braids. About to install box braids. I keep pulling my hair down to see if it touches APL yet. Like 5 strands do. Lol......im so impatient so just braiding it so I dont look at it. By the end of summer I hope to report Ive met the goal.

Evolving78

I wrapped my hair last night. I hope it turns out nice.
Ok I just combed it out. It turned out great. I'm feeling myself! Ha! lol i will make note of everything I used and what I did to achieve this. I haven't had a good wrap in awhile. My hair was too dry, my ends were funky, I used too much product to combat the dryness, or my ends would come out bent. I pray this last until Saturday. That will make it five days.

gvin89

Trying to get my mind right to wash my hair...

UPDATE: just finished washing. I did the moisture-drenched prepoo treatment for the first time in forever. I'm wondering why did I stop - guess because of time. I used Shea Moisture black soap line because I want to use all these bottles up. It wasn't fantastic, but got the job done. I measured my hair for the first time since we started the challenge...didn't retain a thang, actually went backwards. I think my stylist cut those wispy ends I asked yall about a few months ago. I had decided to hang on to them, but I guess she thought differently. It's ok...not pressed about length as my main focus was getting my hair back to a healthy state. If yall remember I had a lot of shedding and thinning going on along with my hair being desert dry. My hair looks and feels great. I even thought about flat ironing for a quick moment and changed my mind just as fast. I made up a batch of kimmaytube leave-in (another diy that I wonder why I stopped using). My hair is truly moisturized! Think I'll continue with these 2 diy treatments for awhile.

Now I'll focus on retaining my growth...currently at 6" in the back/nape, 9" in the crown, and 8" in the front. Eyes on the APL prize by December. I'm pretty sure I'll go back into box braids next month.

NOTE TO SELF: Do not repurchase SM products. They do not wow me and the fragrance is overpowering.

Last edited:

londonfog

I've been slacking on posting. I've switched from faux bunning to rocking a flat twist crown braid deal! I don't know what to call it but I watched it on YouTube. I don't use hair grease on myself often but I have been applying it liberally to my ends (after moisturizing) before twisting my hair up and my ends have been hanging in their . This hairstyle is super simple and my hair has grown! My momma commented the other day how thick and healthy my hair looked and it made me so happy! I throw on some cute earrings and head out of the house. I'm able to co-wash midweek and wash on the weekends & twist right back up for the next day.

faithVA

I've been slacking on posting. I've switched from faux bunning to rocking a flat twist crown braid deal! I don't know what to call it but I watched it on YouTube. I don't use hair grease on myself often but I have been applying it liberally to my ends (after moisturizing) before twisting my hair up and my ends have been hanging in their . This hairstyle is super simple and my hair has grown! My momma commented the other day how thick and healthy my hair looked and it made me so happy! I throw on some cute earrings and head out of the house. I'm able to co-wash midweek and wash on the weekends & twist right back up for the next day.
Would love to see it. Do you have any pics?