Apl Challenge 2017

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Tried something different yesterday.

CLAY washed my hair while it was still in twists from the week before.

I plan to keep these twists in for 3 weeks, and unfortunately I cannot skip washing for more than 7 days.

The clay rinsed out really well.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Haven't been doing much. I wore my straightened hair in a bun for a week. Washed and DC over the weekend and did a set a mini braids. They are now up in a bun. Plan on going back to my wigs next week.

SAPNK

So it was the finger detangling that was ruining my twist-outs. If I'm doing them, I'll have to finger detangle first, then follow up with the wide-tooth comb.

I have my hair in plaits for the night. I'm wondering if this could be my new style, if I do them on stretched hair with better parts. Celie braids or not, I might just go for it.

PerfectlyFlawed

Since I've been working out daily trying to get my body right, I've been rinsing/cowashing and bunning my hair daily. I've also been deep conditioning with Silk Elements Cholesterol Treatment weekly. So far my hair seems to be in love, I'm keeping a close eye on it though. This beautiful beast had decieved me before.

Edited to correct spelling

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
So I took the weave out. I found a new holy grail product - Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler. It came to rescue and helped me detangle my hair after being in a weave for a month.
Now to decide what to do with my hair next. I did buy from cheap BSS 14" yaki hair thinking I would attempt my own install... but who am I kidding. lol I do need to get another install though. I have become spoiled with not having to do my own hair everyday.

Curls&Justice417

I'm excited for the length check:happydance:

So I have really bad insomnia and can't sleep and I'm sitting here thinking about this old twist out in my head and it's frizzy and itchy...so I said "why not try a wash and go type style! I'll be up a few more hours!" :lachen:I used the Jane Carter spray leave in, my avj, Jane Carter Incredible Curls for hold and moisture, and some silk elements mousse for more hold. I diffused it on cool for a little while
It turned out okay for not having any technique lol I'm going to have to start experimenting. I definitely want to try finger coils.

I'll just need to keep any ssk at bay....

DST1913

So this is my update:( took box braids out and decided to get a dominican blow out to check length. Realized a few things. 1. I am about 90% natural and the reason I decided to transition was because my hair has always been fine but it's gotten more fine/thin as I aged so straight styles weren't looking good anymore. The blowout let me see just how lifeless it really is. 2. When I took out my braids I cut them to make it less to unravel but on one side I cut too high. :cry3:sooo had to cut my hair so I didn't look like I had an asymmetrical bob. I guess on the bright side I got more relaxed ends off. Sigh.....im going to need the full year for APL20170428_070057.jpg

Evolving78

@shortdub78 Forgive me, but my pin curls never look right. You roll your hair around your finger sorta flat right? And pin it in a coil...? Lol I've seen some videos but they didnt help. It's such an easy concept maybe I'm just slow lol
I roll it as if I was using a roller, so I roll it under, then secure it at the base. So you see how they aren't laying flat on my head? It's not easy. It took me awhile to get it too. I learned differently in hair school, but that was when you were working with wet hair, not dry.

SAPNK

So this is my update:( took box braids out and decided to get a dominican blow out to check length. Realized a few things. 1. I am about 90% natural and the reason I decided to transition was because my hair has always been fine but it's gotten more fine/thin as I aged so straight styles weren't looking good anymore. The blowout let me see just how lifeless it really is. 2. When I took out my braids I cut them to make it less to unravel but on one side I cut too high. :cry3:sooo had to cut my hair so I didn't look like I had an asymmetrical bob. I guess on the bright side I got more relaxed ends off. Sigh.....im going to need the full year for APLView attachment 396923
Girl, I think it looks great! Do you really think you'll need the whole year? Looks pretty close to me, but I'm not sure.

faithVA

So this is my update:( took box braids out and decided to get a dominican blow out to check length. Realized a few things. 1. I am about 90% natural and the reason I decided to transition was because my hair has always been fine but it's gotten more fine/thin as I aged so straight styles weren't looking good anymore. The blowout let me see just how lifeless it really is. 2. When I took out my braids I cut them to make it less to unravel but on one side I cut too high. :cry3:sooo had to cut my hair so I didn't look like I had an asymmetrical bob. I guess on the bright side I got more relaxed ends off. Sigh.....im going to need the full year for APLView attachment 396923
You aren't that far from All. From the pic it looks like less than 2 inches. It looks like you could be there by the end of the summer.

DST1913

Girl, I think it looks great! Do you really think you'll need the whole year? Looks pretty close to me, but I'm not sure.
Thank you. Here are some more updates. The back is definitely better than the front. My hair grows soooooo slow.

ETA: I should have brushed it out a lil more. The pic makes it look like I have all types of see through ends in the back. lol I've always had thin hair throughout but I did trim it

20170428_182916.jpg 20170428_183108.jpg

Last edited:

DST1913

Nice! I'm even more exited to straighten now, although my hair wont be that long. A little over a week to go.
Yes I was excited too after months of protective styles and bantu knot outs. I haven't felt my scalp in months. I cant stop touching it. I started working out on a regular basis so this is really short lived. Im like a gremlin right now....never ever get it wet or its a wrap. :lachen:

DST1913

You aren't that far from All. From the pic it looks like less than 2 inches. It looks like you could be there by the end of the summer.
I'm not that far but I have the HARDEST time retaining length. That coupled with my slow growing hair I doubt if I even ever get to arm pit. My hair has never been that length even as a child. I've worn protective styles or months had my ends hidden, LOC method, natural products, vitamins, protein/moisture balance and everything. I don't have any breakage or SSK's, my hair should be a lot longer than it is but I have never in my life gotten it to grow past this length. I'm almost certain it will still be his length by the end of the year.