Apl Challenge 2017

SAPNK

I do you feel you. And then someone comes along and says they did 1/16th of what you did and they have this huge amazing length check. Yeah I'm over it. :lol:

:drunk: It's almost like everything is riding on this. It's kind of scary. I think my very last option would be wigs, but I live at home and my mom doesn't approve for some reason. I could wear them if I'm willing to deal with her nagging......
So yeah, these twists are my last option.:D

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Are there any naturals or transitioners that bun everyday? I tried this and I can't seem to do it. My hair is just so tightly coiled it won't pull back. I watched some you tub vids and none of them seem to do anything to the middle of their head, just slick back the sides. Maybe that's my issue. I'm trying to get the middle of my hair smooth as well. My thought is spraying with water then just pulling back not thinking about the middle. It's a mess in the middle though.
I have only done one bun that wasn't a struggle bun but my hair had to be soaking wet. It was freshly washed, conditioned and detangled. I actually had to get it mostly pulled back and secured in the shower and just finished the smoothing once I got out. Not gonna get that level of manipulation on my 4-abc hair without a good amount of water involved.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
We've been 85 degrees or more since last week so I've had my mini braids only, no fake hair. I alternate between a ponytail and pushing them back in a headband. I'll probably take them down in another week or two.

PerfectlyFlawed

Been doing my daily cowashing/water rinsing and instead of doing a braidout or twist out I've been rocking a wash and go. So easy, so cute, now I just need to find a good moisturizing curling cream, that's cheap and without mineral oil or cones as I need it to be easily washed away.

Carrie A

Hi, I'm checking in. Did the usual routine but with the Curls Blueberry line. It's drying so the jury is out. I've noticed that my hair gets less tangles and is holding moisture better. Since i started late, I probably won't length check until fall.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I've started taking down my mini braids. I'm doing a little bit at a time. Hopefully I can get all of them down by Tuesday so I can do a protein treatment.

faithVA

I've started taking down my mini braids. I'm doing a little bit at a time. Hopefully I can get all of them down by Tuesday so I can do a protein treatment.
Welcome. Glad to have you with us. Update your post with your starting pic when you finish loving on your hair.

DST1913

I have crochet braids in now but only for a week. Im going away where I will be swimming and I know I can't swim with these in. Going to get a blow out in August to see if any of the stuff Ive been doing is paying off. Its like watching paint dry. I just want to reach my goal already.:cry3:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Welcome. Glad to have you with us. Update your post with your starting pic when you finish loving on your hair.

I'll probably post a pic at the end of the month. I know we're supposed to do an update in August, but I'mma be honest. Once my protective style for the summer is in, it'll be up until October.

faithVA

I'll probably post a pic at the end of the month. I know we're supposed to do an update in August, but I'mma be honest. Once my protective style for the summer is in, it'll be up until October.
Well just get your starting pic in before you protective style and your good.

Carrie A

I'm supposed to be working but anyhoo. I measured and it's 4 inch from collarbone to grazing APL and 5 inches for comfortable APL. Is there a goddess of long hair lol.

I vow to start using the scalp massager today and I vow to take the hair vitamins daily.

faithVA

I'm supposed to be working but anyhoo. I measured and it's 4 inch from collarbone to grazing APL and 5 inches for comfortable APL. Is there a goddess of long hair lol.

I vow to start using the scalp massager today and I vow to take the hair vitamins daily.
If you find her let us know.

LushLox

Almost 14 weeks post. Going to put in some faux locs this weekend. I'm trying to find a balance between looking cute everyday and keeping my hair healthy; It has not been easy.

The struggle is real.

I've rediscovered banana clips but it's not exactly 'protective.' But everything in moderation, my hair is up and off my shoulders about 90% of the time.

Last edited: