Apl Challenge 2017

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I have no desire to do anything to my hair right now. It is clean and braided so that good I guess. I want some crochet braids, but I'm trying to stay away from fake hair for at least 4 months.

I'll probably be back in mini braids next week.

Carrie A

Last week, I did a quick wash and condition with drug store products. No deep conditioning. This week I will be sure to deep condition. I may use the Deva Curl products again.

Evolving78

Washing my hair today. No special styling.
I sectioned off my hair in 4. I have an area that is texlaxed and it gets dry and tangled easily. I wanna make sure that area is getting treated as well.

DST1913

I dont think Im going to make APL. Although my hair is grazing it Im just not retaining length. I think its breaking off at the ends due to transitioning so long. My ends are so weak and thin. I really need to suck it up and cut them off. Its either I cut them or they are going to snap off anyway. I just cant let them go :cry3:

faithVA

I dont think Im going to make APL. Although my hair is grazing it Im just not retaining length. I think its breaking off at the ends due to transitioning so long. My ends are so weak and thin. I really need to suck it up and cut them off. Its either I cut them or they are going to snap off anyway. I just cant let them go :cry3:
Try doing protein and trimming every six weeks. You can make some progress and still keepnyour ends healthy.

DST1913

Try doing protein and trimming every six weeks. You can make some progress and still keepnyour ends healthy.
I do protein every other week but I think Im going to move to once a week. I remember years ago when I was relaxed I did one every week and I retained length. Im going to experiment. Im really not ready to BC

Evolving78

I do protein every other week but I think Im going to move to once a week. I remember years ago when I was relaxed I did one every week and I retained length. Im going to experiment. Im really not ready to BC
What protein treatment will you be using?

Evolving78

I was using aphogee 2 min but switched to the DIY goat milk one and my hair has loved it! I think I am going to use the goat milk one week and aphogee the next. Will try it until the next length check in August. I also deep condition every week afterwards
I used a protein treatment by Silicon mix. I left it on for 5-10 mins. I followed up with Macadamia nut oil masque. I try to do protein every other week.
What is different about the goat milk that you like?

DST1913

I used a protein treatment by Silicon mix. I left it on for 5-10 mins. I followed up with Macadamia nut oil masque. I try to do protein every other week.
What is different about the goat milk that you like?
It leaves my hair really soft and shiny. Im able to detangle better and my hair feels stronger. It also makes my curls pop. I will def use when Im all natural.

Evolving78

Looks beautiful, nice and thick and healthy looking. :yep:

What flat iron did you get?
Thank you!!!
I decided long and hard to get the ION titanium styler 1 inch.
I love it! I got it because of the floating plates, and it has constant heat.
I wanted to get the Babyliss digital, but some people said it made their ends feel dry and stiff.

Carrie A

I swam today and it was soooo refreshing! I don't care I'm going to have to swim in the evenings. Don't know how my hair is going to be affected. I may do cleaning conditioner instead of shampooing during the week, then deep condition on the weekends. I'll probably oil daily and at some point do some kind of buildup treatment. I'll keep you guys posted.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I swam today and it was soooo refreshing! I don't care I'm going to have to swim in the evenings. Don't know how my hair is going to be affected. I may do cleaning conditioner instead of shampooing during the week, then deep condition on the weekends. I'll probably oil daily and at some point do some kind of buildup treatment. I'll keep you guys posted.

Are you relaxed or natural? How often are you planning to go swimming? I played water polo when I was younger and relaxed and I absolutely had to shampoo every 2-3 days or my hair was like hay. I taught some swimming lessons when I was natural and I was able to co wash but I had to use a swimmers conditioner for my hair to be soft.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My hair is in another set of mini braids. I did a mini trim on my ends before I put them in. Now I'm not sure if I'll make it to APL because I took off about 1/3 inch which for me is about 3-4 months of growth.

I'm hoping for a summer growth spurt to get me over the hump, but I rarely have one so we'll see.

Carrie A

Are you relaxed or natural? How often are you planning to go swimming? I played water polo when I was younger and relaxed and I absolutely had to shampoo every 2-3 days or my hair was like hay. I taught some swimming lessons when I was natural and I was able to co wash but I had to use a swimmers conditioner for my hair to be soft.

I plan to go maybe four times a week. So you think I should do regular shampoo and swimmers conditioner?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I plan to go maybe four times a week. So you think I should do regular shampoo and swimmers conditioner?

That's what I did and my hair was good that summer. I was a poor college student at that time so I alternated between Suave, ORS, and Cream of Nature shampoo and the I used the swimmers conditioner from Sally's Ion line.