Apl Challenge 2017

DST1913

I washed with kinky curly come clean for the first time. I was so afraid to clarify because I tried carols daughter and shea moisture jbco clarifying shampoos and they both made my hair a tangled nightmare. But i knew i had but off clarifying for too long. Mann this thing is going to be my new clarifier. No tangles at ALL! And it smells great. I lost no hair unlike with the other clarifiers. I could have made a baby wig with what i lost. Lol........i deep conditioned with jessi curl deep conditioner under the steamer, let it air dry and went to the braiding spot for two french braids.

I work from home but got an email i have to go in the office next week. Sooo 2 cornrows are not office appropriate but oh well. They gonna see a side of me they never saw because I'm not taking these things out. Lol.

Wenbev

I washed with kinky curly come clean for the first time. I was so afraid to clarify because I tried carols daughter and shea moisture jbco clarifying shampoos and they both made my hair a tangled nightmare. But i knew i had but off clarifying for too long. Mann this thing is going to be my new clarifier. No tangles at ALL! And it smells great. I lost no hair unlike with the other clarifiers. I could have made a baby wig with what i lost. Lol........i deep conditioned with jessi curl deep conditioner under the steamer, let it air dry and went to the braiding spot for two french braids.

I work from home but got an email i have to go in the office next week. Sooo 2 cornrows are not office appropriate but oh well. They gonna see a side of me they never saw because I'm not taking these things out. Lol.
I literally laughed out loud when I read this! I hear you on the clarifying poo. I tried so my brands and would get the tangles too. I started diluting shampoo and that was the only thing that helped. So when I get thru using up all these brands I'll definitely give the KCCC a whirl. LOL

Evolving78

Washed my hair. About to wash out my deep conditioner. Anyone have any easy protective style ideas. I'm at a loss.
Can you do some twists and pin them down into a style? Can you pull your hair into a little ponytail, then add some hair to make a bun? Or add some hair and make two French braids? I would just do twists and pin them up, or down in different ways.

faithVA

I'm breaking the rules again? lol I thought I was doing good! I wear a bun everyday! lol let me go look and see where I went wrong! Just call me Can't Get Right!
You are wearing a bun every day but it really is supposed to be low manipulation. The intent was to wear the bun every day but perhaps only taking it down at night to prevent breakage. The cowashing mid week doesn't fit.

Evolving78

You are wearing a bun every day but it really is supposed to be low manipulation. The intent was to wear the bun every day but perhaps only taking it down at night to prevent breakage. The cowashing mid week doesn't fit.
Oh ok! I guess I'm out of that challenge...I can still with you here, right? Lol you not gonna just be putting me out everywhere! I need a home! A few of them....

jasmyne14

What length are you now? APL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed

What's your regimen? Canerows under wig for 6 weeks , trim every 3 months and wash every 2 weeks , moisturise and seal every week and protein treatment every 6 weeks

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL? Sleep using a satin bonnet and try to moisturise and seal when I need to not when I remember sometimes I have gone over a week without m/s , be gentle when taking out my cancerous and trim every 3 months.

Goal area: front and crown

What's your goal month if any ? id like to say July just in time for summer but ill say December 2017 as I know life can get in the way.

Last edited:

faithVA

What length are you now? APL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed

What's your regimen? Cancerous under wig for 6 weeks , trim every 3 months and wash every 2 weeks , moisturise and seal every week and protein treatment every 6 weeks

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL? Sleep using a satin bonnet and try to moisturise and seal when I need to not when I remember sometimes I have gone over a week without m/s , be gentle when taking out my cancerous and trim every 3 months.

Goal area: front and crown

What's your goal month if any ? id like to say July just in time for summer but ill say December 2017 as I know life can get in the way.
Welcome to the challenge. You put cancerous under regimen. Is the intended or a typo?

victory777

I have 3 conditioners that are in my rotation the I am really enjoying:
Mielle organics
Keracare humecto; just bought the 5lb tub
And APB UCS
. Hair is currently in flat twists with my own hair...a friend installed them; and Im spraying my hair with the APB hair refreshers.
Adding a consistent gym routine to my rotation per inspiration from the unicorn length ladies from the hip/taillength thread.
Still taking my vitamins and MSM. Attempting to drink I gallon of distilled water daily.

DST1913

I literally laughed out loud when I read this! I hear you on the clarifying poo. I tried so my brands and would get the tangles too. I started diluting shampoo and that was the only thing that helped. So when I get thru using up all these brands I'll definitely give the KCCC a whirl. LOL

Girl it was to the point where i thought i may have a medical issue. My stupid self didn't even realize it was the clarifier till I had a lightbulb moment. Believe me i could have made several wigs. Lol. Definitely try it i washed once with a moisturizing shampoo right after because i was so scared.

IronButterfly

Hi. I'd like to join!

What length are you now? Btwn sl and apl

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? natural

What's your regimen? Shampoo once a week and use a RO. DC every other week (protein followed by moisture). I've been incorporating silicones into my reggie, alternating with my natural products depending on my hair's needs. I've been using Neutral Protein Fillers with Silicon mix and loving the results! Use Netwurks 21 regularly. Continue to take one tab of Viviscal daily.

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL? I'm hoping adding the silicones will add some protection to my shafts.

Goal areas: back, front, sides, crowns. The back crown areas always seems to grow slowest and have more end issues. Need to figure out how to make that part thrive like the rest.

What's your goal month if any? December. I'm a slow grower, so I don't know what to expect.

Post your starting pic of areas NOT APL.

Starting.JPG

tapioca_pudding

Cowashed this morning and did a slick low bun. I think I'm going to rollerset and flat iron this weekend so I can have a true starting photo. The one I posted was from October. I don't think Im too far off from that, but I bought a length check tshirt so it will help to have an accurate comparison. I trimmed my ends a couple weeks ago so I should be starting from a good point.

Wenbev

I have 3 conditioners that are in my rotation the I am really enjoying:
Mielle organics
Keracare humecto; just bought the 5lb tub
And APB UCS
. Hair is currently in flat twists with my own hair...a friend installed them; and Im spraying my hair with the APB hair refreshers.
Adding a consistent gym routine to my rotation per inspiration from the unicorn length ladies from the hip/taillength thread.
Still taking my vitamins and MSM. Attempting to drink I gallon of distilled water daily.
@victory777 why distilled water? just curious...

GGsKin

Resisting the urge to trim these scraggy looking ends I have (especially at the front) is soooo hard:fistshake:. As I see no noticeable splits, I keep trying to focus on the fact that all strands do not grow at the same rate and the others will eventually catch up:hair:

Wenbev

Resisting the urge to trim these scraggy looking ends I have (especially at the front) is soooo hard:fistshake:. As I see no noticeable splits, I keep trying to focus on the fact that all strands do not grow at the same rate and the others will eventually catch up:hair:
I believe in Ms. @Chicoro lead hair theory! if they arent split, and just require more moisture I say dont cut. :look: