Apl Challenge 2017

LushLox

Have you guys tried a heated brush? I find it so much better than using a normal hair dryer and my hair doesn't feel completely depleted of moisture when I use it.

Regardless I don't use it too often as it is a lot of manipulation for me.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Have you guys tried a heated brush? I find it so much better than using a normal hair dryer and my hair doesn't feel completely depleted of moisture when I use it.
I haven't, but I have heard great things about them.

I use the Infiniti Pro by Conair Wet/Dry Hot Air Styler. It was pretty inexpensive (under 30.00 back in 2010 and it is easy to use.

I haven't used my nicer expensive chi blowdryer in years (I used when I was relaxed)..

Once my hair is long enough (longer than APL) I'll go back to the chi blowdryer & tension blowdrying.

faithVA

Regardless I don't use it too often as it is a lot of manipulation for me.
I have the Revlon blow dryer brush. I did a blog post on it.

I do like it better than a regular blow dryer.

faithVA

Nothing going on here. I keep pulling the back to see if it is any closer to APL and it doesn't look any closer. It looks like 2 inches which is where it has been for about 18 months.

DST1913

So an update for me. I did the BC! I'm so proud of myself. I looked at my hair and was like I just can't do this anymore. Right now it's mid neck length so I will be joining the 2018 SL challenge which I have no doubt I will meet that goal next year. I'm now excited to try new styles and wash my hair. I still have heat damage from my last blowout so will now need to grow that out but I'm happy with my fro puff. I thought I was going to look like Florida Evans. Lol

faithVA

So an update for me. I did the BC! I'm so proud of myself. I looked at my hair and was like I just can't do this anymore. Right now it's mid neck length so I will be joining the 2018 SL challenge which I have no doubt I will meet that goal next year. I'm now excited to try new styles and wash my hair. I still have heat damage from my last blowout so will now need to grow that out but I'm happy with my fro puff. I thought I was going to look like Florida Evans. Lol
I am glad you are happy. That' a good way to start the new year.

PerfectlyFlawed

I’m going to start redoing my braids, in sections, In the coming weeks. I’ll take picks of each of each section as I go and post it all when I finish. Which will hopefully be before the 28th, my birthday.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
The new thread is up. https://longhaircareforum.com/posts/24423573/

After you update here, using your ending picture here as your starting picture in the new thread.

Let's see some pics :yep:

I still have a week or so until I do my final length check. But I'll mark my spot.

Right now I'm in super maintenance mode. I can't say how much I retained but I know I did because my mini braids are touching the end of my shoulders when they previously only went to bottom of my neck.

faithVA

I don't know that my nape got any closer to APL but the rest of the back is catching up with the nape. So hopefully in the 1st quarter of 2018 my nape starts to move towards APL.

December 2016

20161216_185701.jpg 20161216_185701.jpg

December 2017

20171216_014638.jpg 20171216_014707.jpg

Attachments

• 20161216_185732.jpg
    20161216_185732.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 26

faithVA

So I'm not really enjoying the straight hair. Even though I gelled it this morning, my twist won't stay twisted and my braids won't stay braided :perplexed: So every morning I end up having to re twist my hair.

I have been naturally so long that the styles I used to wear when I was relaxed I no longer remember how to do them :lol:

Maybe if I get home early enough tomorrow, I will use some gel to put my hair in a few twists so I can dust my hair in twists and then find some way to put it up so it will last until Friday. Over the weekend I plan on at least doing a rinse to get some texture back and putting in my first set of 2 strand twists since the spring.

I won't be straightening my hair any time soon. I will stick to blow drying and roller setting.

gvin89

Got my hair done last night and totally forgot to get her to do the pull test before twisting me up. She kept saying my hair grew since the last time she did it (October) because it was taking her a longer time to blow dry. I laughed and said if you say so, but I don't think I've grown that much. The setbacks were more than I wanted this year, but I'm looking ahead and hoping to fully rebound and be APL by summer 2018. I won't go back to SL challenge because my back is SL, but the front is much shorter.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Here's my final progression pic.

IMG_20171223_182112.jpg

Top Left - December 2016
Top Right - April 2017 Setback from a week of wash n' go's. The tangles and knots from all the shrinkage killed my ends and thickness
Bottom Left - October 2017 Gained my thickness back on ends.
Bottom Right - December 2017 Hemline is thick and front of hair made it to top of shoulders. Back length (which was APL goal) is collarbone length.

Biggest lesson I learned is to be consistent. After the April setback, I stuck with my mini braids as my PS and wash routine. I did change my products (I am still a PJ after all) but I think the consistent techniques helped a lot.

faithVA

Here's my final progression pic.

View attachment 419707

Top Left - December 2016
Top Right - April 2017 Setback from a week of wash n' go's. The tangles and knots from all the shrinkage killed my ends and thickness
Bottom Left - October 2017 Gained my thickness back on ends.
Bottom Right - December 2017 Hemline is thick and front of hair made it to top of shoulders. Back length (which was APL goal) is collarbone length.

Biggest lesson I learned is to be consistent. After the April setback, I stuck with my mini braids as my PS and wash routine. I did change my products (I am still a PJ after all) but I think the consistent techniques helped a lot.
Fabulous. Great progress. I am glad you are ending on a positive note and have gone beyond that setback.