April 2012...What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies....Happy April! WOW we're in the 4th month of 2012! This year is flyin'.:lol:

I'm looking to see what Easter/Good Friday Sales are out there!

So, what new products are YOU Buying as we enter into our Spring/Summer Regimens?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Mehandi.com

2 Packs of Indigo

Hairitage Hydrations

1 8 ounce Cocoaloe Hydrator (Hair Milk)

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I just came back from Sally's. Went to pick up a 100 pack of shower caps... and got some other stuff. Ya'll know how that goes. :lol:

I also bought Curls Goddess Curls, which is some kind of gel/serum looking stuff and As I Am Naturally SheaCocoa Spray.

I WOULD have got more, but dh was rushing me cuz he wanted to get back home to watch some dumb basketball game. :rolleyes:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@tiffers

Do they have a good selection of ASIAN? I was just in Sally last week and totally forget they carry that now.:ohwell:

I like the Cleansing Pudding and the Coconut Cowash. Still have to try my Elation Hydration.

I know *Fab* swears by the Cocoshea Spray...well all of those products really worked for her.:yep:

youwillrise

more shea moisture stuff

2 deep treatment masques
2 coconut & hibiscus curl & style conditioning milks
1 coconut & hibiscus shampoo
hair shears
some of those things that hold hair out of the way that i cant think of the name of right now...not duckbill clips...the ones that look like potato chip bag holders with teeth. LOL. yall know what i mean.

oh and i bought a bottle of apricot kernel oil yesterday...not april, but close enough haha

Last edited:

chelseatiara

Well ummm...I stumbled upon this lil Hairveda sale..and I umm am running out of DC......lol

1 jar of Sitrinillah and 1 jar of Almond Glaze....

aishasoleil

The Target in my area *finally* started carrying "black" products that I actually use. LOL! I snatched up some KCKT and KCCC. Hopefully I'll start to see that section grow.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
IDareT'sHair I was being rushed :rolleyes: but from what I could see, they had all of the ASIAN products in stock. I was impressed!

Can't wait to try out that spray, I've been wanting to get my hands on a new one for a while now.

xu93texas

I received a mailing from Ulta: 20% off entire purchase starting 4/6. I'll be purchasing:
Redken Extreme Anti-Snap
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
Redken All Soft Supple Touch
Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream Conditioner
AG Fast Food Leave-in conditioner

Coffee

3 - Barista Bath and Body Moisturizing Conditioner
1 - Barista Bath & Body Poo

This line is being discontinued, so I stocked up. Both the poo and condish are fantastic and smell just like you're drinking a cup of coffee in the showa :yep:.

Organix Macadamia condish & awaphui/ginger condish.

Organix Macadamia Masque & Awaphui/Ginger Mask

Last edited:

chebaby

silk dreams vanilla silk
mocha silk infusion
whip my hair
pre
almond buttercream
creme de la silk
silky leave in

ctosha

Keracare Natural textures butter cream, Keracare leave in (regular one not natural texture by mistake)
ORS edge control
Hicks Edge control

winona

IDareT'sHair I sure wish I was in your area because I didn't like any of the cleansing stuff:/ I got to figure out someone to give this stuff too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
winona

Thanks Girlie!:grin: *i wish you were too*:lol:

So you didn't like the Cleansing Pudding or the Coconut Cowash uh?

I think both are very cleansing. (which is why I like them, because I rarely use shampoo).

So, they both do the job of a Shampoo subsititute for me. I only pull them out when I have excessive build-up. Almost like a Clarifier.

winona

^^ I think that is why I do not like them. I poo every week but it is so watered down that I am not use to anything that strong:)

ETA bolded

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@winona

Gurl....It is STRONG! :lol:

And that's why I use them almost as a Clarifying Cleanser. :lol:

It definitely cleanses and good to remove heavy build-up.:yep:

And I Cowash afterwards with something Moisturizing.

ETA: Do you have/tried the Elation Hydration DC'er?

winona

IDareT'sHair I have but I am so heavy handed I literally use 1/2 a dang jar and my hair in still 3 inches from BSL :/ So this is not a repurchase. It does an okay job nothing to write home about. Now Moroccan Oil Intensive Mask is great minus the dang price who they foolin'. So far I haven't found a ride or die conditioner just a bunch of good ones (AORM, AOGPB, Silicon Mix, Elucence MB). I have a conditioner base from Ingredients to die for that I can't wait to try. I won't use it until I get out of this set of spring twists whenever that is.

I like my spring twists but it kinda makes me sad that my hair isn't so wonderfully thick

simplyhair

Amla Powder

Oyin Handmade
Hair Dew
Burnt Sugar Pomade
Honey Hemp

Reve Essentials
Moisturizer
Moisturizing Creme
Hair Pomade

My DNA
I didn't buy it but got my samples in the mail
Poo
Conditioner
Leave in

amwcah

I went back to the basics. I purchased ORS Hair Mayo and ACV to restore my pH levels and get rid of my velcro like hair. It worked too!

hair4today

Meadowfoam Oil
Camellia Oil
Basil Essential Oil
Clary Sage Essential Oil
Coffee Essential Oil
Bergamot Essential Oil
Cinnamon Cassia Essential Oil
Sage Essential Oil
Neem Oil
Marshmallow Root Extract
Nettle Extract