April 2019: Hits & Misses

prettyinpurple

CONTINUED HITS (in no particular order):
MHC Type4 Hair Creme
TMC Better Than Butter
Curls & Potions Chebe and Mint Growth L-I
Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab (Strawberry Ice Cream)
Curl Origin's Mango & Babbasu Pomade
That pomade sounds good. I love mango butter in styling products and you know I love a good babassu DC lol. I haven't tried a styler with it yet.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED HITS

That pomade sounds good. I love mango butter in styling products and you know I love a good babassu DC lol. I haven't tried a styler with it yet.
@prettyinpurple
Not to mention "The Scent":infatuated:

Curl Origins and Sprouted Curlies is the Middle and Baby Sis' of SSI - so you know it smells amazing.:drool:

Performance and Scent!:love:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Continued hit

Stunnababez Rice leave in

Tentative hits

Shescentit Pomegranate curl spray, nice initial boost of moisture. Softening and sank in.

Uhuru Naturals

Chebe and Karkar paste , like a souped up grease. Sealed like it was supposed to.

Miss
Afro Whisperer sending tracking information for items that haven’t been sent anywhere.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
MISS Devacurl Melt Into Moisture: Not impressed. At all. I let myself get sucked into a really good YouTube video and took advantage of Ulta’s 20% off sale and bought this expensive butt conditioner I’d never before used. I almost want to return it...it gave me ZERO slip, zero shine/sheen, and my hair doesn’t feel like I even used a dc. It almost feels like I used a protein conditioner. My TGIN Honey Miracle Mask, SM Manuka Honey or Mielle Mongongo all to WAAAAAYY better.

oneastrocurlie

MISS Devacurl Melt Into Moisture: Not impressed. At all. I let myself get sucked into a really good YouTube video and took advantage of Ulta’s 20% off sale and bought this expensive butt conditioner I’d never before used. I almost want to return it...it gave me ZERO slip, zero shine/sheen, and my hair doesn’t feel like I even used a dc. It almost feels like I used a protein conditioner. My TGIN Honey Miracle Mask, SM Manuka Honey or Mielle Mongongo all to WAAAAAYY better.

Good to know. I was going to splurge on it one day.

blazingbeauty

You never know. It may work for you. @blazingbeauty above wasn’t impressed with one of my favorites, Mielle Mongongo Protein Free. It really is amazing how different products work differently on different heads of hair. But, I am mad at Devacurl right now.

@oneastrocurlie like Dayjoy said, it may work for you! It’s definitely not a bad deep conditioner by any means - it was just on the thinner side for me/my ends and that was only a first impression. But I’m going to keep testing it out because it did moisturize.

It really is amazing how products work differently (although it’s be nice to find a TRUE hair twin - there would be no guessing). I feel like natural hair products have evolved to where at least 75% of people can find something that not only works but works wonders. I know for a fact that has happened for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED HITS/GREASE (in no particular order):
Naturelle Grow's "Healthy Greens"
Naturelle Grow's Rosemary & Parsley Pomade
Naturelle Grow's Emu & Argan Hair Balm
Kindred Butter's Naomi Hair Grease
CeCe's Jamaican Black Castor Hair Grease
NurCreations Ginger & Mint Pomade
Virgin Hair Fertilizer