April No/low Buy Challenge

AgeinATL

@AgeinATL

I saw that small sale at Bekurabeauty but it was too small for me to buy the Honey Latte and Body Milks I wanted. I'll wait for a bigger sale from them before I get anything. I need at least 25% off from them. I should still get my body lotions though because it is only a seasonal item from them and by the time they offer the 25% off, it might be off the shelf again :sad:

Girl, I was desperate! I had run out waiting on a decent sale so I had to take what I could. But you're right, that 'sale' was pathetic. It basically covered the cost of shipping.

CodeRed

Ok so a week in and I have made 3 purchases this month. I think I'm done til my bday in June

coconut oil 7.99
Goody barrettes 3.99
Babyliss pro mini blow dryer 32.99

That's just under $50. In order to meet my savings goal this month I have to put up my cards :look:

Coconut oil is not a hair purchase. Tomorrow use that ish to cook something. And use it to oil pull. Then it won't be exclusively hair :look:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Coconut oil is not a hair purchase. Tomorrow use that ish to cook something. And use it to oil pull. Then it won't be exclusively hair :look:

:lol:

Purchased:
  • $9.99 . . . Eden Bodyworks Essentials Citrus Fusion Styling Mousse (I got it due to its ingredients, but I'm worried it's not effective based on the one review on the website, which I saw after purchasing. We'll see: I got it from Sally's and WILL return it if need be)
  • ~$2.00 . . . 400-pack of Proclaim "will not break" rubber bands to place around my crimper curlers
  • 3 6-packs of red flexirods from the Dollar Store that are going back: Who knew all flexirods weren't created equally? These things are poorly made and look like they are just WAITING to grab hold to and tangle up some of my hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:lol:

Purchased:
  • $9.99 . . . Eden Bodyworks Essentials Citrus Fusion Styling Mousse (I got it due to its ingredients, but I'm worried it's not effective based on the one review on the website, which I saw after purchasing. We'll see: I got it from Sally's and WILL return it if need be)
  • ~$2.00 . . . 400-pack of Proclaim "will not break" rubber bands to place around my crimper curlers
  • 3 6-packs of red flexirods from the Dollar Store that are going back: Who knew all flexirods weren't created equally? These things are poorly made and look like they are just WAITING to grab hold to and tangle up some of my hair.

Aw, man, I hope I can find the receipt for the mousse. It left my hair tacky and dry. I'd rather have the Design Essentials honey line one.

I'm still doing well! I did not buy those Kimmaytube clips I want. I'm thinking about getting a hard bonnet dryer, though. Hope I can find one for very little money that is awesome. I'd actually rather have some kind of hand-held attachment to fit over my rollers, since I travel a bit.

Aggie

I bought Bekura's Honey Latte and Apple Sorghum last night before the sale ended plus I used a credit of $7.30 I still had with them toward my purchase.

I'm hoping Hattache has a sale so I can get some heavy sealant (MHC) Sophia's Grease and I'm out if APB Refresher sprays. These items keep my hair right and I am totally out of them so I am just replenishing my staples.

Last edited:

charmtreese

I saw those a week ago and added to my amazon wish list. I need to get them because the scrunchies I do have are tearing out my hair and I feel these will be gentler on my hair.

I've been really enjoying them so far. I use them to bun my hair at night and my ends are nice and smooth in the morning.

CodeRed

I think I'm only going to end with the two purchases I've done so far this month. Some unexpected things have come up and I don't want to feel like I'm "wasting" money on hair products instead of using it towards those items.

Ok I lied :lol: I ordered one of those hair dryer attachment hood things and a hair dryer off of ebay. They're shipping from China and are going to take forever to get here but I just want to try out this system to see how it works to heat my head for conditioning purposes. It only came up to around $3 for everything and I'm only going to be using it to experiment with the effects of heating cassia/henna/indigo while on my head as opposed to just letting it sit. I was going to buy a $30 microwaveable conditioning cap but I already tried on of those and it doesn't stay heated long enough/distribute the heat well enough for me so we'll see about this $3 experiment.

Aggie

I'm already at $190.00 in hair product purchases and that's not even half of what I actually wanted to buy. I overlooked quite a few sales. I easily could have spent well over $500 because of all the sales going on right now. I picked the ones I need the most of course.