April Styles Challenge 2017

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
In an effort to wear my hair out more, I am doing a "style" challenge. You can twist, braid, bun, straighten, curl or crimp.

Rules:
1. To join like this post
2. Try at least 1 new style each week in April and post a pic
3. There will be a winner each week based on who has the most likes on a single style
4. Have fun!

The official start date is April 1st
Challenge ends April 30th

I am giving an E gift card to each weekly winner :cup::yay:

Last edited:

Miss617

Always left of center
Before I forget, does the style need to be done at the beginning of each week? I usually restyle on Friday or Saturday after I wash my hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Great idea, @Prettymetty. Sounds like fun! I'll join. :smile:

I am definitely styling-challenged, so this'll be good for me. Below is a tentative plan, subject to change. I've never tried any of the below, so this will be interesting! It'll be great for me to compare photos of the the four. I'll use the videos below to guide me.

Week 1: Flat twist-out

Week 2: Crimp roller set (using Annie's crimper rollers I ordered from ebay, linked in a post below)

Week 3: Flexi-rod set (parted down middle, 4 rods on each half, as in the demo video in a post below)

Week 4: Deep wave curlformer set

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hmmm......I may reconsider after thinking about it.

:wavey:

Oh, join in, @PureSilver! I'm in your same boat: My hair is not long (see avatar), so I don't know how easy/successful all of my attempted styles can be. BUT . . . it makes no sense for me to have flexirods and deep wave curlformers and Sprangz and flat twist-out tutorial videos that I never use.

That's why I like this challenge: I have GOT to start trying some of this stuff.

I'm prepared to have to style over 2-3 days: It takes awhile to detangle, and the density of my hair means I'll have to use LOTS of flexirods and LOTS of curlformers. I know myself: I'll probably end up setting half my head on a Thursday night and the other half on a Friday morning.

I'm with you, so come on! :heart:

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This came out so pretty. I have flexirods. I'm going to try this. Although it will probably turn out looking crazy on me lol I'll probably end up with the situation below
View attachment 392385

:lachen:

You took the words RIGHT out of my brain! I was thinking: "Now watch me try it and end up having to wear my slap cap to cover what results." :lol:

At least it won't have taken hours and hours to install, no matter how it turns out. And if it's a winner?!?? Uh oh! :thud::yay:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I just purchased 4 6-packs of Annie's crimp rollers from Ebay to function as my third style.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANNIE-6-CT-...494461?hash=item464b26087d:g:lDkAAOSwI3RW9IbP

The cost is much less than the Curl Squad spoolie-like rollers, though eventually I may invest in those because they are reportedly great for caring for your ends and lengthening the life of twist-outs and braid-outs. I also think installment will be MUCH faster with the crimpers versus the Curl Squad rollers (crimper roller demo video is linked in a post above).

upload_2017-3-23_14-55-2.png

Last edited: