Are Giovanni products any good?

MuslimahTresses

Hey ladies, I read that Giovanni Direct Leave- In is really good, but what about their other products. Have you tried any of these and how did you like them?

50/50 Balancing Shampoo
50/50 Balance Remoisturizer Conditioner
Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo
Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner
Smooth as Silk Conditioner
Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor

shunta

Ive tried the Smooth as Silk and was very pleased. Its very light and it made my hair so soft. Its more like an everyday conditioner, so I dont know how well it would work as a deep con. But overall, I was very pleased.:)

scorpian

I have giovanni products here is my review my hair is 4B natural
Giovanni Direct Leave In--On my hair the moisture only lasts while the hair is wet and it doesn't leave any sheen or shine once it's gone i won't repurchase have other creamy leave ins that I like better
Giovanni Nutrafix--new bottle I haven't used it yet if anyone has please let me know if I need to use a moisturizing cond afterwards or not
Giovanni tea tree triple treat--clarifying poo love it because it is very mild leaves the hair soft and not stripped and feels good on the scalp
Giovanni tea tree triple treat cond--I use this as a cond wash it is light and thin with no cones works alone or mixed with other cond as a cond wash or as a very light cond after shampooing
Giovanni Magnetic poo---This shampoo is amazing it reduces shrinkage and softens the hair instantly and detangles I love it!!!! It has soybean protein
Giovanni Magnetic cond---amazing,amazing,amazing!!! for all of the same reasons as the shampoo and it doesn't take long to work i only need to leave it on for a few minutes in the shower and then rinse it has soybean protein to leave the hair stronger with each use
Giovanni frizz be gone--this is a serum I use it after I use a creamy leave in I apply the serum then plait the hair to airdry..It leaves the hair soft,frizz free and I don't need a comb or brush to detangle I just use my fingers because the poo,cond,and serum reduce the shrinkage very well without using heat

Last edited:
P

patient1

I have some smooth as silk (I got it because the Direct wasn't in stock). I haven't used it yet.

I have some of the vitapro fusion leave-in hair treatment. It's touted as a spray-in, leave-on conditioner. It's good stuff, but looking at the ingredients list I realized I own almost all of them. So I probably won't repurchase for that alone.

p1

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I absolutely love the 50/50 Balance Remoisturizer Conditioner. I use it as a daily condition wash. It leaves my hair soft/mositurized.

The Giovanni direct-leave in- I hated it on my transitioned hair, but now that I'm natural, it seems to work better.

I've tried the Giovanni Frizz Be Gone- I took it back, can't quite remember why. The price could have been a factor.

I don't care for the Triple Tea Tree Conditioner- It doesn't have any slip. The only thing I like is the peppermint sting it gives my scalp.

HTH.

yodie

Used both the 50:50 balance remoisturizer and Direct Leave in just last night. Really liked them both.

Think I'll try the shampoo too.

Arcadian

Giovanni Magnetic poo and con are my staples. Both are fantastic. Both do have soy protien, so fyi.

-A

taraglam2

Love Giovanni Direct and also love the Giovanni 50/50 Conditioner. :)

Tried the Giovanni Frizz be Gone serum and was not impressed. :look:

Arcadian

april shower said:
How did they make your hair feel afterwards?

ooo fantastic!!! Thats especially true when used in tandem. I've used the conditioner and shampoo by itself and they both will work lovely alone. Both are thick and creamy and also smell fantastic too. I do a midweek shampoo/conditioner with these and my hair tells me how much it loves me for it.

For me, both are very moisterizing and detangling. (but my hair seems to enjoy the protien quite a bit too:lol: ) If you're hair is protien phobic it may not enjoy it as much as mine.

I tried to jump ship over to Aveda and my hair wasn't having it. Threw fits and everything. Its about the same price for shampure so no savings but had to at least say I tried it:look:.

-A

trulyurangel82

I personally dont really care for the giovanni tea tree shampoo. Its not moisturizing enough for me so I switched to using suave humeteco shampoo which lathers so much better and moisturizes very well. Its the bomb.

The giovanni direct leave in is very good. Its one of the best leave ins I have ever used. That and dove intense. But giovanni moisturizes my hair better.

Last edited:

Jazzmommy

I've only used the Giovanni Direct-Leave in. It worked great while my hair was wet. But, like Scorpio (I think??) the moisture didn't last once my hair was dry.

yodie

Loved how soft the leave in made my hair feel. But, I was just talking to a friend and we both noticed that our hair looked "dry" after we styled it.

Hmmm....

SilkyandSmooth

I tried the 50:50 Balanced Shampoo and the Direct Leave-In for the first time tonight. I love the 50:50 shampoo. It cleans the hair well without stripping it. The Direct Leave-In feels good so far. My curls seem a little more defined than usual. I'll have to see how my hair looks and feels once it completely dries. I'm going to try the Smooth as Silk conditioner when I CW later on this week.