are hot rollers damaging?? *video*

L.Brown1114

I just watched one of my fav subbies videos because she has short hair with my texture and styles it rather than weave it up so I stalk her on YT lol. but she did this video on heat rollers which I think is a GREAT idea rather than having to spend time curling your hair..

is the heat form the rollers significantly less than then the heat from a blowdryer or flat iron?? Can it cause significant damage??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJK1OVSd4k

Ms. Tiki

I prefer hot rollers over my flat iron and curling iron any day. Mine don't get as hot as either but I still use a heat protectant. I'm OCD and I think any type of heat calls for protection. On the other side of that are Caruso rollers that use steam and are a safer option. I use those more than any other styling tool. If you are thinking of using hot rollers, I would suggest steam rollers instead...no direct heat. Just my two cents :)

L.Brown1114

I prefer hot rollers over my flat iron and curling iron any day. Mine don't get as hot as either but I still use a heat protectant. I'm OCD and I think any type of heat calls for protection. On the other side of that are Caruso rollers that use steam and are a safer option. I use those more than any other styling tool. If you are thinking of using hot rollers, I would suggest steam rollers instead...no direct heat. Just my two cents :)

thanks so much!! Iv never heard of steam rollers! *off to research*