Are there any daily hair wetters and air drying..

Babychoc

ladies with shoulder length or longer hair (relaxed or natural)? I was just wondering because I have been wetting my hair daily (and applying a bit of conditioner) while showering, and my hair is in REALLY good condition
! It's real soft and moisturized for the whole day. And did I mention that my hair smells absolutely delicious too
!

Anyway, I have been doing this for the past 3 months and have not used any heat since January
! I know, this is quite shocking for me because I use to be a regular heat user with wet sets, flat ironing, and blowdrying. The only thing is that I do miss the sleek look sometimes from when I use to use heat and wrap my hair. Sometimes I am VERY tempted to go back
, but it use to take me soooooooooooooo long to wash, blowdry, rollerset, flat iron or whatever, so that's why I gave up and started wetting and airdrying daily
. My hair seemed more dry back then too. Now my routine is MUCH easier and quicker

Anyway, enough of my rambling, sorry, and to my other questions. I just would like to know of the benefits that you all are getting with daily wetting and what styles are you doing after this? I am getting bored with some of my styles which include: buns, pulled back in a clip, or french braids
. Please let me know of any other stlyes for daily hair wetters. Thanks everyone in advance

Lucia

I just started using African Pride braid spray and an aloe vera gel +infusium 23 mixture on my hair. I had to have 2" cut off in November b/c of dryness. So now I lightly mist. But when I do wet or mist my hair in the summer b/c it's hot it grows like crazy.
I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm glad it's working postively for you, so I'll keep doing mine.
hth

godzooki

I recently began using a spray bottle filled with purified water and a dab of daily doctor and oils to spritz my hair until slightly damp before adding moisturizers such as shea butter or what ever. I do this every night now. I like it. my hair seems to respond to or soak up the moisturizers better damp. my mom got mad at me cause the night I got my touch up I still spritzed my hair before putting it up!

TinyT

I am not the length that you asked for, but I still wanted to comment on daily wetting. I did my Big Chop in Jan '03 so, and since then i wet my hair daily by doing conditioner washes. When I went back to the shop, where my hair was cut, the stylist commented on how soft, and healthy my hair was. I attribute this to the moisture of everyday wetting. I don't get many tangles, which equals no split ends. I have goal of more length, and with this as part of my routine, I feel like I will get there soon.

Tracy

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
As you all know, I am a big advocate of daily moisture. It does so much for your hair

+ if continued, makes your hair every bit a lustering, soft and coiffed as oils/greases/lotions
+ improves elasticity by five billion percent
+ no knaps
+ very few split ends
+ no dandruff (I'm serious. If you have dandruff, you simply need to rinse your hair more often than others)
+ clean / odor free hair

VALLEYGIRL

I am a daily washer and have been since I went natural in 98. (Did the CG routine for a few months but went back to shampoo after I got too much buildup and gunk on my scalp)

I pretty much just wash my hair, apply product and go.
sometimes I do a ponytail but most of the time my hair is out.

Is your hair natural or relaxed? Can you scrunch it after you wash it to encourage the curls a bit? How about a braid or twist out? With this you will probaly have to wash it every few days anyway.
I agree with Honey Vibe on all the things she posted. I never have a dry scalp or dandruff. I never suffer from dry ends and my hair has never been healthier. I am a big fan of daily wetting washing. Water is the best moisturiser!!!

Brownie

I'm a daily rinser/with conditioner and ACV and I do braid outs every night. I'm all right with doing this, versus having really straight hair. Having said that, the other day, I tried to straighten my hair with a blow dryer, and the outcome was
. Anyway, it was too time consuming, as are wet sets and sitting under the dryer. Recently, I discovered a new protective style. I pulled my hair into a low ponytail with a scrunchie thing, and instead of letting my hair hang down, I tucked it under. But what I did after that is, I pushed the balled up hair upwards, and I bobby pinned it down (upwards). So instead of looking like my hair was in a ponytail, it looked like I had my hair in a low nicely formed bun. When my husband and I went out to dinner the other day, I put some of those Oriental sticks through my "bun" to dress it up. By the way, I also have to use clips at the crown area of my hair to keep my hair somewhat flat because it's very wavy and thick when it dries.

Babychoc

Hi everyone. Thanks for replying to my post

Mirrormirror, After I rinse my hair daily with conditioner, my hair does dry curly. I keep it curly and have not used ANY heat since December/02. It really looks nice too, that's why I started this thread because I was interested in more stlyes to do while wearing my hair this way

I was going to "try" to go natural, and went without a relaxer for close to 4 months
. This was the longers EVER! But 5 days ago, I lightly texturized my hair and it is still VERY curly except looser curls, which is what I wanted
. I was scared that I would striaghten it, but I didn't leave the relaxer on long at all

leejure

I am a DHW (daily hair wetter) and I love it! You have mentioned the main advantages of this regimen (quick and easy) Also, for me I MUST wet my hair if I want to style it. Otherwise, I would have frizzies everywhere!

I can honestly say that my regimen (DHW) is responsible for my growth. Because I do not use heat and wear the same protective style, my hair has become very healthy. In regards to styles, I can not help you there. I wear the same old bun every day. Sometimes I wear a braid or two, but moreso...the bun!

-lee

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
RabiaElaine said:
Can daily wetting be done with relaxed hair?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I do it.

RabiaElaine

Allandra,
When you do daily wet your relaxed hair how do you set it afterwards? And when do you start daily wetting your hair after a touch up?

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
RabiaElaine said:
Allandra,
When you do daily wet your relaxed hair how do you set it afterwards? And when do you start daily wetting your hair after a touch up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mainly wear my hair in a bun. I got a touch up on Saturday, and I washed my hair this morning (so just a couple of days after a touch up, sometimes three days).

G

I wet my hair every day, condition, comb it out, and air dry.

It's softer and fluffy. I also do an oiling of my ends every night. Right now I'm using Almond Oil, but any oil will do.

N

nicole

I also wet my hair daily, usually by shampooing at night and doing a braid-out, which I wear out or in a ponytail. I started doing this because I had been working out a lot more and I wanted to see if my hair would grow if I gave the flat-ironing a rest. I must say that my hair seems a lot healthier, my ends look better as well. I was not shampooing as often with the flat iron because I wanted the straight look for as long as possible. The daily moisture has done wonders for my hair, and I think it has grown, although I cant be sure until I straighten it again. <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>