Are there any type 2's or 3's out there

SoAnxious12

Are there any type 2\'s or 3\'s out there

Hey ladies!
I've noticed that most of the women here it seems to me are type 4's. I hardly ever see any type 2's. I'm starting to see more type 3's. I have type 2c hair (according to the chart on this site) and it's very coarse and thick. Around my hairline and nape area it's all thin type 3a/b hair. Anyone else have hair similar to mine?

Jade21

Re: Are there any type 2\'s or 3\'s out there

Hey, SoAnxious12!

I'm actually a 2b with a few straight patches in the back. I have to tell you that I would estimate that I can remember about 15 or so in the Andre 2 range. I know that a woman with the handle CHICHI is also a 2c. She makes some wonderful posts and they are quite interesting.

There are also a substantial number of Andre 3 range around.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

~Jade~

Gaea

I've seen lots of 2's and 3's!

It probably doesn't count, but I'm 3c/4a. Would that count? The 4a is around the edges.

But I've seen lots of other curl patterns, intially I thought that there were few type 4's here.

SoAnxious12

thanks a lot guys. Gaea yeah you do count since the majority of your hair is 3c. Thanks for posting. I'll do a search for CHICHI.

candibaby

I'm 3c/4a, and after seeing the classification pics @ curlygirl, I have concluded from pictures of my hair when I was natural... that I am mostly 3c with 4a around the edges.

brickhouse

I am a 2c and I was looking for other 2's to find out what products works best for our type of hair. I notice everyone on the board seems to be a type 4.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus

3b/3c. 3b on my crown and top half, 3c on the back by my nape and right above my ears

Tai

I'm a 3b with a little 3c at the crown. CaramelHonee is a 2C I believe. She was a FOTM and her regime is up. I think she was FOTM in April.

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
Jade21 said:
Hey, SoAnxious12!

I'm actually a 2b with a few straight patches in the back. I have to tell you that I would estimate that I can remember about 15 or so in the Andre 2 range. I know that a woman with the handle CHICHI is also a 2c. She makes some wonderful posts and they are quite interesting.

There are also a substantial number of Andre 3 range around.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jade!

Yes, SoAnxious12. I am a 2C. If you have any questions, just ask and feel free to PM me too.

Chichi

mspretty

I put up this same post awhile ago, because I noticed the same thing. I am a 2a/3b combination.

SilkyandSmooth

I think I'm a 3b/c. I know for sure that my natural hair, which I can't wait to get back again, is wavy/curly.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time

I'm 3b/c, but sometimes I notice people with my hair type call themselves a 2, so I'm confused

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

<font color="purple">Hi. I'm a 3a/b. I'm straight from the roots with natural curl on the ends. People think that I have a Jheri Curl in my hair. NOT!!! It's naturaly curly when wet, but straight when blowdried and flatironed. </font>

epicura

I am predominately a 2C, thick and coarse. When my hair is wet, it gets straight and dries wavy. I have to put masiive product to keep the wave or do a simple braid out, but usually frizzes up regardless at the end of the day. I'd venture to say it might even be a 3ish, but I have no curling action going on here.

inthepink

I think I am a 3b/3c. My hair grows out straight the root, then waves if weighed down but curls if set loose.

SoAnxious12

hairlove, your hair looks 2ish but thats my opinion. My hair stylist who thinks Andre is a god, told me I have 2b like hair. I'm starting to disagree because it's straight for like quarter of an inch then it goes into loose waves then as it gets longer (i have 2 1/2in new growth) the waves get tighter. I'm really stuck in a rut because i don't know what to do with it.