Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

disgtgyal

loolalooh said:
I went back to re-read nicola's post before this.

I interpreted her point as being that people might be misusing the word "vision board". That some people might not really have a "vision board". Maybe, I interpreted her post wrong.

There is one (not two) "vision board".

I interpreted her post as there are two purposes or two ways a vision board is used and she may correct me if I'm wrong. I am very cognizant of what I do, where I go, what I watch, and what I hear and I'm very aware of how subtle the enemy is. There are some things that in an of itself aren't but can lead to sin. My weakness isn't your weakness and vice versa, and I think that's something believers need to remember when they are giving advice... My vision board consists of promises God has spoken specifically to me, as well as verses that not only lines up with it but verses I like, and those I need to meditate on, that's my vision board and I can only speak for myself when it comes to its purpose. My vision board doesn't make me believe because I have already accepted what God has said to me, and personally when I look at it and read the verses I'm reminded of his grace and mercy because God knows I don't deserve all that he has done and will do for me, but he looks past my faults, so I'm not going to let anyone try to convict, condemn, or judge me. God may not want a particular person to create a vision board because it will become their idol, they make think they can acquire it on their own, or find other means of acquiring whatever was promised, and more than not its those type of ppl who God doesn't give a prophetic word about their future. At this point Jenny, I'm going agree to disagree, I know it's purpose for me. To shimmie, I don't and haven't taken joy or peace in any one's comment here, God has given me both with my vision board, I wasn't nor do I need validation.

disgtgyal

Shimmie said:
Don't get too happy with this comment. God isn't giving you permission nor is He validating you to be at peace with having a vision ouija board for 'other' purposes....

This is not a game.

The devil is slick and as I said earlier, he knows exactly what he's doing in order to gain access to one's life. he is out to steal, kill and to destroy. The very fact that it's a tool of witchcraft makes it an accursed thing. The intent of its use is not pure. There is absolutely no intention nor is there an ability for any Christian to use this as progress towards their walk or devotion to God. It's a ''back-up" plan, put into place for the 'just in case', what one desires doesn't come on their terms.

No, No... Uh-uh... :nono: I see right through it.

satan's intent is to seep into Christian lives with his lies of innocense, where he can gain access to their faith and hinder their relationship with God.

I Peter 5:6-8

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Be sober, be VIGILANT; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

So you're telling me God hasn't given me peace about my vision board, so you're in me now you know my heart do you not see a problem with what you said, who are you to say whats in my heart omg I'm done with you lmbo gimmie a break and I never mentioned a ouiji board like wth, where did that come from an ouiji board is used to contact the dead and other spirits which both of which are explicitly forbidden, so no hun not the same, so just stop

disgtgyal

Shimmie said:
The truth is coming out all in this thread. You have a 'history' with witchcraft which 'clues' why you are in denial.

And you are right, God would not allow you to create a gateway, however it doesn't stop you from doing what you will to do.

When a person is no longer under any remnants of witchcraft, they absolutely refuse to have any type of any association with anything that has any association of the occult.

I am not saying that you are practicing witchcraft, at least not knowingly, however, unless you have been completely delivered from its affects, you will not support anything that has a link to it.

You don't need a vision board anywhere near you.... :nono: It's a setup. satan knows how to get to you, since he's been there before. he knows how to set you up. It's up to you to give him no place... in any space or area of your life. he is still seeking to devour you.

So far there are three (3) posters in this thread who support vision boards and yet there are 'links' in their lives where the enemy has been prevalent. This is not a game. :nono: The use of vision boards in this forum are NOT INNOCENT.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone here, not even embarrass them. No... :nono: I apologize right here and now to everyone to whom I have offended.

The answers to the OP's question about vision boards being demonic is being answered, in a full fledged 'yes', they are demonic.

Mark 4:22

For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.

My history of witchcraft hun is that someone out of jealousy of my mom send demonic attacks on me, her first born and it was why I had alot of hinderances in my life so before you continue with your judgmental comments you should have asked before you assumed. What is coming out in this thread is your character, my convo with you is done.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I want to be clear that my purpose in participating in the thread is mainly for the sake of those who come across it later or who search for answers on this topic. I'm not personally concerned about the individual choices people make, though as fellow believers we should continuously encourage and admonish one another. I'm actually glad this topic is going as it is, as I think what has been shared needed to be said for the sake of greater understanding in the Body of Christ.

Regarding two types of vision boards, no I don't think there are two types. It seems that some people *may* be doing something and calling it a vision board when it is not. But as I said, I'm skeptical of that because if it were not a vision board, you wouldn't call it that. (general "you") It would just be called journaling or Scripture memory or a poster. And if you weren't doing "vision board" activities, you wouldn't have to defend anything. If what you have is not a vision board, then stop calling it that. I'm sorry for being that direct, but mislabeling things is confusing the conversation.

I just have a couple of things in response to some comments.

--It was mentioned that vision boards are just a part of "calling those things which are not as though they are." The issue with this is that we as individual believers do not call things into existence. That is a misquote of Romans 4:17, which says that Abraham believed in "God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were." Abraham, our forerunner in the faith, our example believed in God who has the power to call things into existence. Abraham did not have that power, nor do we. The only thing we do is believe God's word. Again, when we pray, we pray God's will back to Him. When we believe, we--like Abraham--believe what He has promised us. Everything originates with Him, never with us. I think this verse is often misquoted and misapplied because my sister mentioned it to me tonight as well, and we had to hash it out. It makes a big difference when one thinks they have the power to call things which are not as though they were, and when a person believes on a God who calls things which are not as though they were.

--God allows people to be deceived. God allows Christians to sin. God allows people to fall into temptation. It doesn't matter what anyone's personal history is. God allowed His most chosen servants to sin in grievous ways. If He didn't stop David from murdering an innocent man, or Peter from denying Him, why would He stop someone from creating a vision board? No one is exempt from possibly falling prey to the world's temptations. God does not make our decisions for us. He doesn't will for us. If a person chooses to go down a path that is unwise, the Lord may warn, but He generally doesn't stop them. If I think that somehow I don't have to critically examine my own beliefs because God would stop me if I were wrong, more likely than not, I'm going to be deceived--precisely because I mistakenly think that I can't be.

Last edited:

Babysaffy

I found this thread yesterday and I'm so glad. I have picked up on various members throughout the forum mentioning vision boards and started to think it was a cool idea.

SO and I are working hard to reach our financial goals and facing some big challenges on the way.

This is the text I sent him on Friday, word for word

" I'm going to create an aspirational visual folder of what I want for the house and lifestyle and will be damned if dont get it!!"

He didn't reply and hasn't mentioned it since. I haven't fully researched the whole vision board thing, I was thinking more of a scrapbook with cutouts of things I want to buy for the house and pictures of the car and holidays I'd like us to take, something on the lines of a wedding scrapbook that some women start compiling even in their teens with dress ideas, colour schemes and scraps of material.

However, when I look at that text now I realise I wasn't thinking in a Christian manner at all and in my childish frustration was speaking in a materialistic, selfish frenzy which is so unlike me. I was seeming to lean on my own understanding and talking like I alone have the power to get these blessings...very wrong.

I have always believed in writing check lists of what I would like to achieve in any given year but I'm now agreeing with some posters here that adding pictures of material objects and focusing on them can easily cross the spiritual lines into worshiping false idols. That is a sin I don't want any part of and I repent even half thinking I could call objects to myself through my own will!

I have fasted in prayer in the past with written reasons for the fast which I incorporated into my prayers. I achieved miraculous results where God in his sweet time gave me all that I had prayed for. I know I should not stray from this and glad I came across this thread.

Sorry if I'm going OT I have also attended certain churches where the emphasis is on claiming and calling financial riches and some of the things that came out of the pastors mouths made me so mad I wanted to get up and leave or at the least give a super side eye! Such as 'if you don't gift £150 now you will lose your blessing- God is telling me 10 people are coming up to give £150' and 'close your eyes and put your hand out, God is putting money in your hand, say I believe it I receeeeeive it!'
I'm all for tithing and offerings but some of this extra stuff can cause confusion leading to vulnerable churchgoers getting things twisted and going down the wrong spiritual path..

Anyway again this type of thread is so useful and proves once more that LHCF is not just a hair board- one can learn so much here!

Nice & Wavy

I wasn't going to post this because I did not want to infect this Christianity Forum with garbage. However, the Lord spoke to me about it, so before I go to church, some people need to see how these vision boards relate to witchcraft directly:

I have decided to take the quote that was here out. No need to keep it here all day. If interested in what it said, pm me. Thanks.

I am in the ministry of the Lord. I am here to help people whichever way that I can. I will not just give you information and not care about you, that would be out of character for me. But, I will say this: "stop playing with the enemy...get out of his playground, for he is not for you but against you!

Have a good day, ladies!

N&W

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I found this thread yesterday and I'm so glad. I have picked up on various members throughout the forum mentioning vision boards and started to think it was a cool idea.

SO and I are working hard to reach our financial goals and facing some big challenges on the way.

This is the text I sent him on Friday, word for word

" I'm going to create an aspirational visual folder of what I want for the house and lifestyle and will be damned if dont get it!!"

He didn't reply and hasn't mentioned it since. I haven't fully researched the whole vision board thing, I was thinking more of a scrapbook with cutouts of things I want to buy for the house and pictures of the car and holidays I'd like us to take, something on the lines of a wedding scrapbook that some women start compiling even in their teens with dress ideas, colour schemes and scraps of material.

However, when I look at that text now I realise I wasn't thinking in a Christian manner at all and in my childish frustration was speaking in a materialistic, selfish frenzy which is so unlike me. I was seeming to lean on my own understanding and talking like I alone have the power to get these blessings...very wrong.

I have always believed in writing check lists of what I would like to achieve in any given year but I'm now agreeing with some posters here that adding pictures of material objects and focusing on them can easily cross the spiritual lines into worshiping false idols. That is a sin I don't want any part of and I repent even half thinking I could call objects to myself through my own will!

I have fasted in prayer in the past with written reasons for the fast which I incorporated into my prayers. I achieved miraculous results where God in his sweet time gave me all that I had prayed for. I know I should not stray from this and glad I came across this thread.

Sorry if I'm going OT I have also attended certain churches where the emphasis is on claiming and calling financial riches and some of the things that came out of the pastors mouths made me so mad I wanted to get up and leave or at the least give a super side eye! Such as 'if you don't gift £150 now you will lose your blessing- God is telling me 10 people are coming up to give £150' and 'close your eyes and put your hand out, God is putting money in your hand, say I believe it I receeeeeive it!'
I'm all for tithing and offerings but some of this extra stuff can cause confusion leading to vulnerable churchgoers getting things twisted and going down the wrong spiritual path..

Anyway again this type of thread is so useful and proves once more that LHCF is not just a hair board- one can learn so much here!
Thank you for your post and welcome to the CF!!!

Babysaffy

Thanks, Nice and Wavy. I lurk in the Christian forums but had to post this time as I was just so close to taking disastrous actions had I not come across this thread. I feel blessed.

I may be a sinner but I don't want to knowingly drag myself towards possibly Satanic practices!

loolalooh

I interpreted her post as there are two purposes or two ways a vision board is used and she may correct me if I'm wrong. I am very cognizant of what I do, where I go, what I watch, and what I hear and I'm very aware of how subtle the enemy is. There are some things that in an of itself aren't but can lead to sin. My weakness isn't your weakness and vice versa, and I think that's something believers need to remember when they are giving advice... My vision board consists of promises God has spoken specifically to me, as well as verses that not only lines up with it but verses I like, and those I need to meditate on, that's my vision board and I can only speak for myself when it comes to its purpose. My vision board doesn't make me believe because I have already accepted what God has said to me, and personally when I look at it and read the verses I'm reminded of his grace and mercy because God knows I don't deserve all that he has done and will do for me, but he looks past my faults, so I'm not going to let anyone try to convict, condemn, or judge me. God may not want a particular person to create a vision board because it will become their idol, they make think they can acquire it on their own, or find other means of acquiring whatever was promised, and more than not its those type of ppl who God doesn't give a prophetic word about their future. At this point Jenny, I'm going agree to disagree, I know it's purpose for me. To shimmie, I don't and haven't taken joy or peace in any one's comment here, God has given me both with my vision board, I wasn't nor do I need validation.

It's interesting, because around the time Nicola mentioned Abraham, I thought about him too. God had given him promises but Abraham just kept them in his heart/mind until the promises came to pass.

To the bolded: This is a genuine question, as I would like to hear your answer.

What is the "why" behind you creating a vision board? You don't have to answer if you don't feel like it, though I'd genuinely like to know.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I interpreted her post as there are two purposes or two ways a vision board is used and she may correct me if I'm wrong. I am very cognizant of what I do, where I go, what I watch, and what I hear and I'm very aware of how subtle the enemy is. There are some things that in an of itself aren't but can lead to sin.

My weakness isn't your weakness and vice versa, and I think that's something believers need to remember when they are giving advice...

My vision board consists of promises God has spoken specifically to me, as well as verses that not only lines up with it but verses I like, and those I need to meditate on, that's my vision board and I can only speak for myself when it comes to its purpose.
My vision board doesn't make me believe because I have already accepted what God has said to me, and personally when I look at it and read the verses I'm reminded of his grace and mercy because God knows I don't deserve all that he has done and will do for me, but he looks past my faults, so I'm not going to let anyone try to convict, condemn, or judge me.

God may not want a particular person to create a vision board because it will become their idol,

they make think they can acquire it on their own, or find other means of acquiring whatever was promised, and more than not its those type of ppl who God doesn't give a prophetic word about their future. At this point Jenny, I'm going agree to disagree, I know it's purpose for me.

To shimmie, I don't and haven't taken joy or peace in any one's comment here, God has given me both with my vision board, I wasn't nor do I need validation.

So you're telling me God hasn't given me peace about my vision board, so you're in me now you know my heart do you not see a problem with what you said, who are you to say whats in my heart omg I'm done with you lmbo gimmie a break and I never mentioned a ouiji board like wth, where did that come from an ouiji board is used to contact the dead and other spirits which both of which are explicitly forbidden, so no hun not the same, so just stop

My history of witchcraft hun is that someone out of jealousy of my mom send demonic attacks on me, her first born and it was why I had alot of hinderances in my life so before you continue with your judgmental comments you should have asked before you assumed. What is coming out in this thread is your character, my convo with you is done.

Okay.... :yep: Okay.

I'm sorry about the incident that happen to your mom. This kind of thing occurs alot when there's an issue concerning a fight over a man.

All the more reason to avoid anything / tool that is associated with/used by witches, no matter what one uses it for.

I apologize for appearing to make a judgement upon your personal character as well as your walk with the Lord. I do mean this.

This 'adoption' of the use of vision boards simply does not sit well with Christianity. Christians have looked upon an occult practice and became attracted to it as a means to enhance their lives. Since when do we go to a witch's harbour and buy into their goods? Their ways of 'living'?

The dangerous clue of deception is when Christians fight so hard to defend it? They are defending a practice and a tool that has nothing to do with the Bible, defending a tool / practice which is of the occult.

This where the problem becomes dangerous.

Why does a Christian need something from a witch's artillery to help them?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
The Bible condemns things like that. Please don't get in league with the demons. In the Old and New Testament, those who practiced those things were to be killed or put outside the Christian congregation. (Deut.18:10-14;Gal.5:19-21;Rev.21:8) Just a few of many Scriptures.

Status
Not open for further replies.