Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was up early this morning watching t.v. and some minister named Popoff came on.

It seems to me that his ministry is based upon LOA. I heard no salvific story of anything, just getting miracle water and having him write a letter of prophecy to contributors to his ministry.

In other words, it was a prayer in exchange for money - a lot of money! There were people who had been praying for answers to their mortgages etc. (I know some might be plants and fake)

but this is attractive to the hurting.

In a large sense, I believe they were putting their sights on material needs and somehow imagining them to be fulfilled...via Popoff. Of course, everything comes from G-d.

But if we divert our trust in Him, it might be through evil. I'm not saying that holy water, prayer cloths etc. are wrong, they are biblical.

But I suspect that ministries like that are basically focused on a type of LOA with the "christian" stamp of approval on it. Essentially, it seems to be name-it-claim-it, which is LOA in many regards.

@ the bolded. That's exactly what the game is...attracting the 'hurting' and the desperate; taking full advantage of them.

Why not do this for free? I'm serious. Practice what they are preaching. They're seducing people to give their all so that God can bless them. Well the truth is this...if they gave as they direct others to give, wouldn't they also reap the same blessings?

Stop taking people's money!

Clarity: Not you, Guitar, I was referring to the 'Preachers' who are gulity of fleecing God's sheep.

Your post speaks volumes.

Guitarhero

As you can see, there's lots of clarity :look:...my faith is fine...:lol:
\

But I was so disgusted. And the way they look into the camara, guilting people to send them 1700.00. Ok, so your mortgage is in trouble and G-d has told Popoff to tell you to send him 1700 bucks so that he can hear from G-d that you'll be blessed with 10,000 bucks via Popoff's holy letter? :rolleyes: Um, dood, trust in Jesus anyway...pray for a change anyway...but if you have 1700 bucks and are in foreclosure danger, you might wanna contact the bank, make 1/2 the payment, apply for mortgage relief, buy groceries, medicine, pay other bills...rather than a faith witness to pay Popoff and HOPE that G-d honors your stupidity. How wretched are those who prey on the poor, sick and hurting! Does anyone consider that they are just one dime in a stack of hundreds of thousands sending in 1700.00?

This is where I think people get into trouble mostly...they fret and become vulnerable to thieves. I'm not calling Popoff a thief, I'm questioning him and anyone else who demands a large sum of money for G-d's blessing to ensue. Secondly, they fall into the prosperity gospel where LOA is quite active. G-d does give us riches...but some He keeps poor and sick for His own reason. There is much blessing in suffering and who knows how much G-d uses their faith and pain to magnify His own for the benefit of folks we will never know? We don't know. We are to trust and WORK for our needs, believing Him...but if it's "no", then it's "no." Where's there's an impasse or lack, when we have honestly given it all or are absolutely incapable, TRUST...there is G-d in the gap anyway, always. :nono:

G-d has certainly worked miracles in my life and I know there are some who are appalled, surprised, shocked and downright jealous...but He honored my prayers. We're to trust in Him but use our common sense. We've lost our ability to use our common sense thereby allowing people to abuse us.:wallbash: We now believe in mumbo-jumbo such that it wasn't our own hard work that helped us achieve things? Sure, you sow well, you reap well but this goes beyond that principle (prosperity gospel that's now secular).

My eyes were opened to this before I converted to the Church. Sometimes, you'd listen to those convincing ministers and want to believe. They use psychology and "magic" to reel people in. How many of them are left cold and hungrier than when they came? Those are fakes to make you believe. And Popoff uses BLACK people for those :perplexed Look at the hordes of Latinos, Blacks of all nationalities, Hmong/Laotian and Russians in those audiences. :lachen: :nono: But anyhoo, draw your house, make a playset, plan and work but if it crosses into the realm of you willing such, you've gone to far.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie
Lol rose nylund was one of the characters on golden girls played by betty white.
She was kind of dense in the head at times.

Hey! I know who she is now...

"Betty White" ...

The Lone Golden; she's the only one left. She had all of the funny stories about the farm and her former husbands. :lol:

cinnespice ... Thanks Love... :giveheart: I guess I was having a Rose Nylund moment of my own... :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
\

But I was so disgusted. And the way they look into the camara, guilting people to send them 1700.00. Ok, so your mortgage is in trouble and G-d has told Popoff to tell you to send him 1700 bucks so that he can hear from G-d that you'll be blessed with 10,000 bucks via Popoff's holy letter? :rolleyes: Um, dood, trust in Jesus anyway...pray for a change anyway...but if you have 1700 bucks and are in foreclosure danger, you might wanna contact the bank, make 1/2 the payment, apply for mortgage relief, buy groceries, medicine, pay other bills...rather than a faith witness to pay Popoff and HOPE that G-d honors your stupidity. How wretched are those who prey on the poor, sick and hurting! Does anyone consider that they are just one dime in a stack of hundreds of thousands sending in 1700.00?

This is where I think people get into trouble mostly...they fret and become vulnerable to thieves. I'm not calling Popoff a thief, I'm questioning him and anyone else who demands a large sum of money for G-d's blessing to ensue. Secondly, they fall into the prosperity gospel where LOA is quite active. G-d does give us riches...but some He keeps poor and sick for His own reason. There is much blessing in suffering and who knows how much G-d uses their faith and pain to magnify His own for the benefit of folks we will never know? We don't know. We are to trust and WORK for our needs, believing Him...but if it's "no", then it's "no." Where's there's an impasse or lack, when we have honestly given it all or are absolutely incapable, TRUST...there is G-d in the gap anyway, always. :nono:

G-d has certainly worked miracles in my life and I know there are some who are appalled, surprised, shocked and downright jealous...but He honored my prayers. We're to trust in Him but use our common sense. We've lost our ability to use our common sense thereby allowing people to abuse us.:wallbash: We now believe in mumbo-jumbo such that it wasn't our own hard work that helped us achieve things? Sure, you sow well, you reap well but this goes beyond that principle (prosperity gospel that's now secular).

My eyes were opened to this before I converted to the Church. Sometimes, you'd listen to those convincing ministers and want to believe. They use psychology and "magic" to reel people in. How many of them are left cold and hungrier than when they came? Those are fakes to make you believe. And Popoff uses BLACK people for those :perplexed Look at the hordes of Latinos, Blacks of all nationalities, Hmong/Laotian and Russians in those audiences. :lachen: :nono: But anyhoo, draw your house, make a playset, plan and work but if it crosses into the realm of you willing such, you've gone to far.

Guitar: You have good sense... and a whole lot of questions...:lol:

Regarding your observation with the Popoff followers. They can't do that. What happens when Popoff is too old to continue or when he dies, then what?

Those poor people are so broken that it's just like you said, ministries like his 'attract the hurting people' who are so lost in their hope and hurts that they get lured into his web of misdirection.

If he were truly sent of God, he'd be leading the people to God completely and without a fee. I don't like that.

I am a strong Believer in supporting Ministries financially, it is a principal and a direction from God. But too many people are being mislead and taken advantage of and it's just wrong. :nono:

I'm glad you brought this up as it ties in with the lures of the loa... people who are desperate and weak in faith.

Rainbow Dash

Why would a Christian need LOA?

Where do your desires actually come from? Is it based on God's will for your life or your own will for your life?

It seems to me, that LOA is a wish whatever you like, you can be, have and experience whatever you can imagine, all your desires come from you.

The bible tells us that the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord.

When we consider our walk here on earth we need to commit or shall I say trust in the Lord in all ways and concerning all things.
Psalms 37:3,4,5,&7

Proverbs 3:6
In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He SHALL direct your paths.

There is only one God and in Him we find truth and everlasting life through Christ.

Seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

Last edited:

makeupgirl

\

Popoff is probably one of the top false prophets out here (yep I said it). When I go through my insomnic phrases, sometimes I turn the channel and it's always on BET for some reason, Popoff, Kerney Thomas, and a few others with the prayer cloth, healing water, schemes to get you to pay them money by claiming that God will bless you, etc....Oh my heart is bleeding from the torture of them scaming people from their own glory. The just use God as an excuse to cover up their scheming nature.

I get so tempted sometimes to call them up from that 800 number they provide and call them out. It's annoying to us who truly are in Christ spreading his gospel knowing that Satan got his folks doing the same thing but evil purposes.

The trip thing is, maybe it's me the fraud investigator talking but common sense will tell the people to not send money to these people. But also, if they were really of God, why think that a prayer cloth or healing water will work? That's just a slap in the face to God. It's with Christ stripes we are healed. Not man's. God said he would supply all of our needs according to his riches and glory in Christ Jesus.

At this point, I don't know what's worse, False Prophets on TV trying to scam people out of money by pretending to be for Jesus or the Nigerian scheme.

Don't get me started on Pat Robinson. My mom loves to watch 700 club. But that name it and claim it stuff. Yeah right. How in the world do we or can anyone tell another person, they are already healed or they are going to do this or that? We don't know the mind of God. He is the only one that can determine when we are healed, when this or that will happen. Why not people just go to Jesus directly? He has the best open door policy and we dont' take advantage of it enough.

makeupgirl

Now, I'm totally changing my mind about the vision board....Father forgive me for thinking about it and thank you that I never got around to making it. Now I know why.

Guitarhero

makeupgirl,

Thank you. I was like...???????HUH?????? Can you imagine spending an early morn waking up way to early in front of that? The only other alternative was Tracy Morgan exercise something...Cindy Crawford...diamonds for 29.99 :lachen: So, I thought, why not watch this religious program. :nono::nono::nono: Why don't they investigate this man? But I know I'm getting off topic...but I sure saw a link to what he's doing and this prosperity "gospel" which borders LOA.:perplexed I'm all for positivity and hardwork, having a vision in your mind or plans for the future, rather, of where you wish to go/do but when it touches on the occult in some way willing it to yourself from the cosmos...(and I see it that way because it is devoid of divine providence), it's problematic for believers. Open-door policy...that was a good one!!!!

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
There is so much crap being added to this forum on a daily basis....

WHAT YOU COMPROMISE TO KEEP.....YOU LOSE!

I just can't right now.....:nono::nono::nono:

I missed this post.... and it's a good word. :up: :yep:

My daughter and I share a similar statement:

Whatever you compromise to get, you will ultimately lose.

They both go hand in hand... :yep: When a person compromises to get something, they end up compromising even more to 'keep it', for there is no security in what they have gained and how they obtained it.

I feel so sad; so many people are losing out on knowing the true love of God.

Shimmie

Staff member

Where do your desires actually come from? Is it based on God's will for your life or your own will for your life?

It seems to me, that LOA is a wish whatever you like, you can be, have and experience whatever you can imagine, all your desires come from you.

When we consider our walk here on earth we need to commit or shall I say trust in the Lord in all ways and concerning all things.

There is only one God and in Him we find truth and everlasting life through Christ.

Seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

They feel defeated in their faith and give up. loa gives them a false sense of control and 'safety' .

You posted some beautiful promises from God's Word.

Shimmie

Staff member
I have about 10 bible verses on mine which I stand their and read them very day. So, no I don't believe them to be demonic.

But why do you need Bible verses on a vision board? God is enough all by Himself; He doesn't need to be on a vision board to prove His love for you.

Why not read the Bible verses off the board instead? Draw closer to God beyond the board which He is not upon.

It may 'seem' okay, but it's not okay. Baby, you're 'mis-using' God's Word to bring about your material desires.

No condemnation... I promise you. No condemnation. I've simply 'been there' and I know about visions boards and their distractions from being close to God. It gives you a false sense of 'control' and power to produce your desires without having to ask God or to even include Him.

With a tight relationship with the Lord, there is no need for a vision board. They are not compatible. God does not play 2nd to anyone or anything. It's all Him or nothing.

Shimmie

Staff member
I am Christian and hv been been saved along time, not saying I'm perfect by NO MEANS! I was just reading over the comments and I want to say that I once three years ago was introduced to LOA and I got pretty intrigued with it and wanted to know more about it. I bought the secret and watched it and read the book, but I noticed I kept getting an unsettling spirit about it but I kept going. I made vision boards etc. But I NEVER seen any types of manifestation from it.

About 3 weeks ago I had in depth discussion with some ppl about it and realized it was NOT of God!!! I then immediately threw away everything I had in my home that was related to the LOA!!! If u noticed they gv god NO reverence to God they believe u hv the power to manifest things on your own and if that were the case we would not hv the need to go through Jesus and there would be no need to pray and ask God for anything because we wouldn't need him we could manifest it ourselves.

Now we are to hv faith and trust that God can bring our desires according his will to pass in our life. Anything that does not reverence God/Jesus and leaves him out is NOT of him. And if u/it r not with God then it/u r against God.

If u find that u r offend by what I just typed then it's time to do some self inventory and seek God to make sure u r making wise decisions in your beliefs

Beautiful testimony Miesha... :yep:

God wants to give us so much..... of Him.

The loa and all of it's distractions and deceptions are a means to take away our focus from God's love for us.

In Psalm *91, God shelters us under His feathers and under His wings do we trust. It's under HIS wings, do we trust. He spreads His wings and gathers us safely unto Himself to love and protect us. He hides us from the enemy and provides all that we need or could ever desire.

Nothing else in this life can do this, nor is the world willing to give us anywhere need what God's love wants to give us.

We who dwell in the secret place of the Most High...shall abide under the shadow of the All Mighty. And we will say of the Lord, He is our Refuge, and our Fortress, Our God in whom do we trust.

His Name is Jesus... Lord Of All

The only LOA one will ever need. Jesus is Lord of All.

proverbs31woman

As I respond, this is not coming against you in disrespect nor disharmony.

I want to make a strong point to 'Be careful with this' perception, as it can be misleading...it 'implies' that Jesus is not the 'only' path into God's kingdom.

In connection, 'you know who' is a 'dismissal' of God's importance. His Name is Jesus, not you know who.

Shared in love...

I agree. Very well put!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thanks button not enough. Dreams and visions that come from God will be realized/fulfilled and won't fail, because they align with God's will. He never fails.

joy2day

I haven't read all the responses (and please forgive me if some of what I say has already been said), but I totally agree with @Health&hair28. It appears that practioners of loa and many of the people that use vision boards are essentially worshipping the attainment of the material things posted on the boards, whether they be in line with God's plan for their life or not. Once upon a time, I was almost caught up into believing that "God will give me anything that I ask Him, if I just believe and have faith" i.e. Prosperity Movement, which is just as deceptive as loa and these vision boards. The truth that I came to is as follows:

1.) If I truly want God's plan and purpose for my life, God is not going to give me any thing that I am not ready for, or that is not for me to have - period. As stated in a post above, if I am seeking His Kingdom and His righteousness, I don't have to put a picture of a house up on a board that I want, God will add the right house to me! I can testify to this, because he has done that in my life!

2.) It is possible for the enemy to set me up, confuse and cause me to stumble in pursuit of material wealth and possesions when I forget that God is the one who provides ALL good things for us (in His Will). Once we start down this path, and we attain "things" that seem good, and then we want to put God in it, but God never provided any of this stuff to begin with. Scripture states, "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and lose his soul." Therefore it must be possible to amass material wealth, gain influence and power, do amazing things, live an amazing life, and yet still lose your soul in the end. That is incredible when you really meditate on that. People like Oprah are prime example. She has wealth unimaginable, but what does she really have if her soul is lost? Yet, she loves to half quote scriptures and talk about God being "good." Yes, God is good. But, there is only One Way to Him, and if you try to come to Him any other way, you are lost. All the good works and good deeds and nice and luxurious stuff on this planet can't help you...

...And the universe certainly can't do anything for you either.

(ETA: for those ladies (and gents) who use vision boards according to Habbakuk 2:2, a vision board is cool as long as it is based on a vision which has ben inspired and given of the Lord. Seemingly, this is not the norm though, which is why it is great that we are sharing this info.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^^ joy2day, I enjoyed the testimonial! :yep:

I think you mean Joel 2:28?
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions

Blessings and The Blessing are not the same thing. Amein~

dicapr

I don't do "vision boards" but I have always found it helpful to write down my goals and what I am working toward. Right now in my mirror I have words of encouragement to help me stay positive about my life right now. I think it is how something is used not what is actually being done. Believing these having these goals before me will draw them into my life is not of God. However, looking in the mirror at my haggered face and seeing the post-it with the affirmation that "I will have success" or that "I will complete my degree" are positive reminders. I see nothing wrong with that. They are nothing more than the belief in an answered prayer. This is not a practice of LOA but it could be seen as a vision board-Affirmations for what I pray my future will be.

Jynlnd13

All I can say right now is, I got way to wrapped up in LOA. I was getting confused and thinking I could do it myself, and kind of pushing God to the side. Don't get me wrong, I still loved God, I was just thinking I could manifest stuff myself. Next thing I know, I'm in the hospital with a rare agressive stage 4 cancer that had doctors confused and crying for me, because they were,'t sure what to do ( I'm 20, btw a youngin lol ) My mom and I stopped anything LOA that second, I was in the hospital for months, so my mom threw my vision board and journal away for me. I believe this was a test of faith for me. God healed me after two chemo treatments and on my last cat scan every tumor was gone. I had them on my cervix and uterus, and also nodules on my lungs that how far the cancer had spread. I will never again mess with LOA in thinking I am in control. I lean and rely on God and by the stripes of Jesus I am healed. The whole experince humbled me and def. turned me away from LOA. It is not for me, I will do what God's word says. I'm too blessed to get caught up in that again.

Guitarhero

^^^It's one of the things that the world cannot comprehend about faith in Jesus...reliance upon Him. Doesn't mean we don't act, working toward the goal, but that we have reliance first and foremost on Him for all the process. Great explanation of why it didn't work out for you.

ellebelle88

I think that if you think about the world today, you can relate anything to God or God's plan and you can make anything related to the Devil. I've seen it done countless times. People put their own spin on things according to the way they see the world.

I fail to see how putting your goals on a board and asking God to give them to you is a sign of worshiping the Devil or someone other than God. We all have a purpose on this Earth and I think we should be actively working towards it while carrying out God's work at the same time. Just like church may be a reminder for you, visionboards can be daily reminders for someone else. Remember --- God helps those who helps themselves. For me, my vision board is to keep me proactive and never complacent. I have things on there that I want to do like volunteer, learn to be happy, and pray more. None of those have to do with material things.

Sometimes I think people need to step outside of their boxes because what you are doing is boxing God in himself. God isn't as one-dimensional as many of you think. And I also hate when people give God human characteristics and tendencies. Please think of your God as much more powerful and creative.

Do_Si_Dos

I have a vision board and whatever I'm trying to manifest I back it up with scripture.

For example I wanted to manifest good credit so I put that on my board and I loosed it in heaven and earth by holding on to Deuteronomy 15:1 and the law of debt cancellation (I hope that's the right verse). I want to finish grad school next year so next to a picture of a cap and gown I added proverbs 2:2-11.

The law of attraction isn't something that the world invented. These principles are discussed throughout the bible. You have to have a vision and faith if you want something in your life whether its a house, peace in your household, or to be healed. Jesus said "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24 NIV)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My vision board helps me stay in faith for the things God has promised me. When I get discouraged, I look at my board and I KNOW that it has already been done.

LOA, helped me to be more positive in my thought life, I truly believe there is power of life and death in the tongue.(Proverbs 18:21) I am more active in trusting God, because of the words I am speaking and my thought life. I only want to be around people who are speaking life!!! Anything that manifests in my life, I know without a shadow of a doubt is was not my own doing. God work that thing out for me. :yep:

Last edited:

nerdography

ellebelle88

I couldn't have said it better myself. I use vision boards, but I don't just put material things on there. I put my favorite quotes from the bible, pictures of my family and quotes from Christian ministers that speak to me.

We all have a unique relationship with God. We are all different and our journey to with him will be different as well. If you don't like something it doesn't make it of the devil. At one point in time people believed chocolate to be a temptation of the devil, and we all know that isn't true.

God created this universe that we live in, that shows that He is not limited. As humans we need to stop trying to box God within the limitations of man. I talk to God everyday and ask him to bless the things that I want for myself wheather that be spiritually, mentally, emotionally or physically. And if I want something that isn't good for me then I ask for guidance and direction to the place I need to be.

I find that having a vision board helps me weed out all the unnecessary things and focus. I believe that through my faith and works I will be blessed.

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@ellebelle88

I couldn't have said it better myself. I use vision boards, but I don't just put material things on there. I put my favorite quotes from the bible, pictures of my family and quotes from Christian ministers that speak to me.

We all have a unique relationship with God. We are all different and our journey to with him will be different as well. If you don't like something it doesn't make it of the devil. At one point in time people believed chocolate to be a temptation of the devil, and we all know that isn't true.

God created this universe that we live in, that shows that He is not limited. As humans we need to stop trying to box God within the limitations of man. I talk to God everyday and ask him to bless the things that I want for myself wheather that be spiritually, mentally, emotionally or physically. And if I want something that isn't good for me then I ask for guidance and direction to the place I need to be.

I find that having a vision board helps me weed out all the unnecessary things and focus. I believe that through my faith and works I will be blessed.
The one thing people do not understand about idolatry is that it always ends up being about "me, me, me"...what I think is best...oh, look at how good I am...see how successful/blessed I am... Every time Israel thought she could do what the world does and worship the Father, her husband, He taught her otherwise, multiple times. Just because God ordered a brass serpent to be made and hung to heal people does not mean He wanted it to be an thing of worship.

Did the Father tell anyone to do this? Did anyone seek His permission? Where is this in the Bible? I want verses! How does this advance the Kingdom? Are the people unable to do this less blessed? Does not the Scripture say we are to walk by faith (intangible truth, power, and spirit) and not by sight (the focus on the physical, the senses). No, this practice is not expanding how God operates; it is limiting your complete submission to His will and how He wants you operate in His Kingdom. Only those in complete submission will enter into His rest, flowing with His power and truth for all the world to see. Why can people not see that embracing gimmicks of the world keeps one in the soul, not manifesting ALL He has for His children in spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:18 - While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The only things we should be visualizing in our mind's eye is the faith of things asked for in His will be done and how each of us can be like Christ through His Guiding Spirit.

Father, Jesus, Your Spirit has His work cut out for Him. Please, have mercy and ease our separation from this world. Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
You will never convince me reading my favorite bible verses everyday is demonic. I don't have any material items on mine.

'Favorite Bible verses'....

Why do they need to be on a board?

See...God's not fooled by any of this. A vision board is not required nor is it necessary to study God's Word. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.