Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow Dash

Quote from an x-witch now a Christian....

"Vision boards and the New Age law of attraction is demonic and sinful to partake in. Christians must stay away from it."

Here is the link to her interview...
http://pamsheppard.com/?cat=1&paged=5

This is from another board that was discussing the subject.

"If you have material desires, you must gaze upon images of them - surround yourself with the smells and sounds conducive to them - create a lodestone which will attract the situation or thing that you wish! " - Taken verbatim from the Satanic bible.

"Sounds just like a vision board, huh? All this "The Secret" stuff is the same old game, just repackaged in a soccer mom friendly, Oprah-approved format. Even the title is unoriginal"

Reposting this in case some missed it. Research it, see where it originated. Looking, gazing, and manifesting images is not going to make God move. Just simply pray to Him and ask Him with the understanding that His will be done. He knows what is best for each one of us.

Iwanthealthyhair67

About 17 years ago before I was saved I had a horrid boss many days I would cry and feel inept, that was my prayer Lord get me out of here or remove this man...fast forward to today after 5 years of working for a delightful boss now suddenly she is turning into something (that's all I'mma say) my prayer today was Lord you have prepared me for such a time as this (I'm glad he didn't answer my prayers all those years ago, that man made me tough) just give me the strength to make it through this season...

I said all that^^ to say this; as christians are prayers should really change more to praying the will of God but much of it is still 'self' centered, the vision board encourages self advancement, self promotion self empowerment, everything to do with 'self' under the guise of helping us manifest what we want spiritually (again things that we want)..that can't be good...God want us to loose our life/self to find a new life/self in him.

Matt 16:

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

So I take it that no one in here has ever prayed for a promotion or a better job or a better boss at work?? If you pray for it with you mouth, out of a journal, of with a picture you still want it. Period.
And how do you know that G-d himself didn't tell me to express myself and prayers through construction paper and pictures??

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using LHCF

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Witches "Jump the Broom" :look: http://www.broommagic.com/

I am looking for other sources too. I know they jump the broom, but I need I more reliable source.

Okay... :yep: I know that the practice of 'Jumping the Broom' became quite popular after seeing this on 'Roots' as part of Kunta Kinte's wedding ceremony. It was an African tradition that those who were in slavery performed as they were not permitted to 'marry' otherwise.

It became an embodied sentiment in the hearts of many African Americans, as they felt that they were taking on a tradition of their Black Heritage and from their Ancestors.

It's been a while since I've witnessed this. It was very popular in the 80's and the 90's. Back then, almost every wedding ceremony ended with the couple 'jumping the broom. :yep:

Thanks Do_Si_Dos, for bringing this up. I'll take some time to research this as well. :yep:

Last edited:

loolalooh

So I take it that no one in here has ever prayed for a promotion or a better job or a better boss at work?? If you pray for it with you mouth, out of a journal, of with a picture you still want it. Period.

Reposting my original post (which I think you overlooked):

"The definition (at least in LOA) of a vision board is not to inspire, but to manifest things into your life. What I don't understand is why we as believers would take a non-believer concept and try to make it our own. Oh well.

The problem with vision boards is that they facilitate the entrance of the enemy into our lives. (As if we don't have enough of him already.) You paste photos from magazines or the internet of what you want in your life. Your hope in creating the board is that the Universe (what non-believers call it) or God (what we call Him) will bring you those things you want. You meditate (what non-believers call it) or pray (what believers call it) on the board daily or regularly so that those things manifest themselves. Before you know it, these desires become the forefront of your mind and God becomes the background. In fact, God is only in the picture as "the One you pray to so you can get what you want" and nothing more. You lose sight of what God has called us to do (to serve Him, to spread the Good News, etc.). You focus more on what you want in the physical world (a big house, a new car, etc.). This is what vision boards have the potential to do. After one thing is manifested, you ask for the next thing, and it doesn't end. This is what I've seen."

And how do you know that G-d himself didn't tell me to express myself and prayers through construction paper and pictures??

Can you quote me where I said that "God himself did not tell you to express yourself and prayers through construction paper and pictures?" I see vision boards as going down a dangerous path. I said "The problem with vision boards is that they facilitate the entrance of the enemy into our lives." What God told you (or didn't tell you) is not my place to say.

Shimmie

Staff member

Prayers are a direct communication with God and nothing else in between. It's based upon having a personal relationship with God as our Father. Because of Jesus, this has been made possible for each of us.

A vision board 'implies' that one is not sure of God and not believing they are having a direct connection with Him.

To be perfectly honest, the practice of vision boards on this forum never became popular until it was introduced by the loa threads, which I've noticed have lost their 'wind', the thread can't seem to keep it's power going as it once did. Hmmmm, I wonder why?

loa started a big wind in this forum and it easily took off because people were unhappy and wanted 'things'. loa made them a promise that they could not resist, people could have 'all' that they ever wanted in life. All they had to do was 'ask the universe' to give it to them.

The loa threads / monthy challenges were filled with resources, to make their dreams come true; books, exercises which included 'vibrations' ??? :confused:, and yes, creating a vision board; how to make one and what to put on it.

The 'struggle' I had was that so many of the people who were drawn into it were people that I cared about, prayed with. Orginally, I wanted to see the 'good', because of them; it was hard to think of them who spoke of God, would turn and be in serious error. But I was wrong. Very wrong. I had to speak up regardless of the cost. loa and vision boards are straight up witch craft and there's no amount of justification to validate being involved with it.

From time to time, loa and it's practices tries to rear it's demonic head here in the Christian forum, I'm not having it. And nobody's mad or offended but the devil.

Let it known that 'Icabod' will never hang it's shingle over this Chrisitan forum. There are too many of us who honour God over here and no other god shall be allowed.

The devil will try his best to hinder our prayers and attempt to water down and weaken the power of God in our lives. The world stinks of impurities in its attempts to re-create God and His order to what they want Him to be. In here, we're not going to allow it. Case Closed.

Another thing I've noticed about the loa is that many of it's strongest supporters have / are now experiencing some of the most bizarre and troubling issues in their lives and loa has not come to their rescue. :nono: This is what satan does. he deceives and misleads for his mission is to separate one's faith from God in order to derail them. My heart aches for them and they are held with love in prayer.

Time and again, these same consequences have been recorded in the 'Bible' as a warning to us.

Be careful, 'Little One'. Faith built upon 'construction paper' blows far in the wind. When storms come, your vision board will blow with it.

In leiu of a vision board this is what God wants:

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalm 119:11

When God's Word and His promises are in our heart, no storm in this life can blow it away.

Last edited:

sharentu

i accept this wisdom. thanks Shimmie, God bless you, you really blessed me right now. ((((hugs))))

Prayers are a direct communication with God and nothing else in between. It's based upon having a personal relationship with God as our Father. Because of Jesus, this has been made possible for each of us.

A vision board 'implies' that one is not sure of God and believing they are having a direct connection with Him.

To be perfectly honest, the practice of vision boards on this forum never became popular until it was introduced by the loa threads, which I've noticed have lost their 'wind', the thread can't seem to keep it's power going as it once did. Hmmmm, I wonder why?

loa started a big wind in this forum and it easily took off because people were unhappy and wanted 'things'. loa made them a promise that they could not resist, people could have 'all' that they ever wanted in life. All they had to do was 'ask the universe' to give it to them.

The loa threads / monthy challenges were filled with resources, to make their dreams come true; books, exercises which included 'vibrations' ??? :confused:, and yes, creating a vision board; how to make one and what to put on it.

The 'struggle' I had was that so many of the people who were drawn into it were people that I cared about, prayed with. Orginally, I wanted to see the 'good', because of them; it was hard to think of them who spoke of God, would turn and be in serious error. But I was wrong. Very wrong. I had to speak up regardless of the cost. loa and vision boards are straight up witch craft and there's no amount of justification to validate being involved with it.

From time to time, loa and it's practices tries to rear it's demonic head here in the Christian forum, I'm not having it. And nobody's mad or offended but the devil.

Let it known that 'Icabod' will never hang it's shingle over this Chrisitan forum. There are too many of us who honour God over here and no other god shall be allowed.

The devil will try his best to hinder our prayers and attempt to water down and weaken the power of God in our lives. The world stinks of impurities in its attempts to re-create God and His order to what they want Him to be. In here, we're not going to allow it. Case Closed.

Another thing I've noticed about the loa is that many of it's strongest supporters have / are now experiencing some of the most bizarre and troubling issues in their lives and loa has not come to their rescue. :nono: This is what satan does. he deceives and misleads for his mission is to separate one's faith from God in order to derail them. My heart aches for them and they are held with love in prayer.

Time and again, these same consequences have been recorded in the 'Bible' as a warning to us.

Be careful, 'Little One'. Faith built upon 'construction paper' blows far in the wind. When storms come, your vision board will blow with it.

In leiu of a vision board this is what God wants:

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalm 119:11

When God's Word and His promises are in our heart, no storm in this life can blow it away.

Shimmie

Staff member
i accept this wisdom. thanks Shimmie, God bless you, you really blessed me right now. ((((hugs))))

Sharentu... I cannot count the number of times that you have blessed me in this forum. You and I came here about the same time and you have always 'been there' for me even in highest of controversies. You've always kept it real and I adore you. :grouphug2:

Shimmie

Staff member
This is where the disconnect lies. No one has said they are using a vision board to will something into their life. With any prayer you have you have to put action behind it, right? Last time I checked God was not in the business of dropping stuff out the sky. Well I am praying to pass the CPA exam, and I have the letters CPA on my board. It reminds that I need to study even when I don't feel like it.... That's it!!!! I believe God wants me to pass the exam, but I have to do my part in the natural.

I wrote out a list of the qualities I would like in a mate is that demonic too?

All this demonic stuff does not pertain to everyone who has a vision board..... that is a sweeping generalization.

No Angel... :nono: The disconnect is that God tells us to pray.

All throughout the Bible, we are told to pray. Jesus even gave us an instruction guide, which has been known (entitled) to us as "The Lord's Prayer". We have been instructed by God's Word to pray without ceasing. Jesus made this perfectly clear to us in His Word.

This is totally disconnected from the creation and use of a vision board. :yep: Prayer is talking to God our Father. Jesus did this the entire time of His Ministry as He walked upon this earth. Now He sits on the Right Hand Side of the Father upon His throne, talking to God face to face.

sharentu

Shimmie, you have ALWAYS kept it real in the matters of God. ALWAYS. you and n&w always made me smile with what you brought to the forum. i cant help what i was taught, yall usually line up to all i was raised to know. its always good to get a reminder, rebuke, or reprimand per se. so i will definitely to be there. :)

Do_Si_Dos

Shimmie said:
No Angel... :nono: The disconnect is that God tells us to pray.

All throughout the Bible, we are told to pray. Jesus even gave us an instruction guide, which has been known (entitled) to us as "The Lord's Prayer". We have been instructed by God's Word to pray without ceasing. Jesus made this perfectly clear to us in His Word.

This is totally disconnected from the creation and use of a vision board. :yep: Prayer is talking to God our Father. Jesus did this the entire time of His Ministry as He walked upon this earth. Now He sits on the Right Hand Side of the Father upon His throne, talking to God face to face.

So does having a visionboard mean one isn't praying? I pray daily. I am constantly talking to God.

I am really not understanding this post, no one has stated the board has authority over Jesus Christ. No one is practicing LOA. :lachen:

If I actively practiced LOA that would be another story. You are giving the board power, not me. Personally, I believe LOA is a bunch of hoopla.(that's another story) :look: I truely believe God has the final say so..... Well anyway take care.

I decided to call my board a goal board
:yep:

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
jenny87 said:

Perhaps a part of the confusion is about prayer itself. We pray the will of God back to Him. Yes, we have desires, but if we have a.request to make and do not know if it is in fact His will, then we ask and leave it at His feet, and He will either deem it acceptable to Him or not, and He'll either answer affirmatively or He won't. We don't continually focus on our wants in prayer; that's not effective prayer with God. Prayer that moves Him.starts with the.knowledge of His will and builds upon that.

If we are confident that we have understood God's will (and have truly done so) and believe He will.answer, then He will answer and there is nothing more that can or need be added. But again, if we are simply bringing desires to Him, not yet knowing His will, our focus in prayer ought to be asking for.discernment to know His will, asking for wisdom, and searching Scripture to gain a deeper understanding of His general will. To take a desire and continually focus and meditate on it without having laid it at His feet to judge whether it is good or not is an act of self will. We do this all the time. Self will is the natural state of humanity without Christ; so in that sense a vision board is perfectly natural. And yet in Christ we transcend the natural and do not focus on the manifestation of our own will, but rather that of God.

And again, if we know that something is God's will, and have faith that He has heard, then there's nothing that meditating on a vision of the outcome in pictures will do to bring His will to pass. It certainly doesn't add power to God's movement.

It may very well tap into other forces, demonic or otherwise which have and are used by people to accomplish their will. But relying on it with God is kind of like asking your best friend for something and then creating a vision board of what you want the outcome to be. What purpose does it serve? Your friend will either say yes or no, for whatever reason. Time would be better spent getting to know that friend so well that you'll know even before asking whether it's something they will or won't do.

Also, a "vision board" has specific connotations and purposes. If people are constructing simple Scripture reminders or prayer lists, that falls outside of the realm of the question.

Shimmie

Staff member
So does having a visionboard mean one isn't praying? I pray daily. I am constantly talking to God.

I am really not understanding this post, no one has stated the board has authority over Jesus Christ. No one is practicing LOA. :lachen:

If I actively practiced LOA that would be another story. You are giving the board power, not me. Personally, I believe LOA is a bunch of hoopla.(that's another story) :look: I truely believe God has the final say so..... Well anyway take care.

It doesn't matter what you call it, it will still be what it is, a tool of witchcraft. satan changes names all the time, but it's still the same practice and deception.

The question is this. Can you trust God without it? Can you give up having a vision board, and place your trust in God totally without leaning towards your own understanding. The board is a crutch, it's your alternate... it's your 'just in case' God says 'no', you'll get it for yourself.

So can you? Can you take God as He is and solely as He is and just leave all in His hands and walk away from the 'board' and believe Him and His power and most of all, His love for you. God won't turn on you and forget your prayers. If a goal is in your heart, neither will you forget it. And if it's part of God's plan, it will definitely come to pass. :yep:

It's all a matter of choice and where your faith is.

If God be God, believe Him, Trust Him, leave all other gods aside. If the vision board be god, honour it. The choice is yours.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, you have ALWAYS kept it real in the matters of God. ALWAYS. you and n&w always made me smile with what you brought to the forum. i cant help what i was taught, yall usually line up to all i was raised to know. its always good to get a reminder, rebuke, or reprimand per se. so i will definitely to be there. :)

:kiss: None of us can take compliments, but I sure thank God for all of you. My life has indeed become richer in areas where I am yet still growing and learning.

Shimmie

Staff member

loa = laws of attraction

vision board = a tool used to 'attract' what one desires in their lives.

It's loa all the way; this is how it is practiced. one is instructed to place their desires on a board and 'attract' it into their lives.

The danger is the spirit behind the board...

BTW: I want to thank you again for posting about the brooms being used in wedding ceremonies. This is vital information. Please continue to share what you find. We may have to start a thread for Christian Brides, entitled things to consider when planning their ceremonies. :yep: I'm thinking that I will post one once I gather the necessary information.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
No, you have it all wrong.:nono:

How could praying to the only true and living God be considered witchcraft?

A prayer journal is just that....writing your prayers to God....the creator of the Universe.

When people get to the point where they don't put the things of God in order, something is terribly wrong.

Sis, your siggy

Speaks volumes to this thread topic. We can't go by what we 'see'.

As the scripture says:

We walk by 'Faith' not by 'Sight'. 2 Corinthians 5:7

A vision board is not by an act of faith, but it is in trusting and dependent upon what one can 'see'.

I know it's not easy, yet if we take just one step towards faith, God will strengthen the next steps.

The scripture above is the answer to the question posed. We walk by Faith not by sight.

Glory to God... :Rose:

Nice & Wavy

I'm happy that I make you smile, Sharentu :love3:

Sis, your siggy

Speaks volumes to this thread topic. We can't go by what we 'see'.

As the scripture says:

We walk by 'Faith' not by 'Sight'. 2 Corinthians 5:7

A vision board is not by an act of faith, but it is in trusting and dependent upon what one can 'see'.

I know it's not easy, yet if we take just one step towards faith, God will strengthen the next steps.

The scripture above is the answer to the question posed. We walk by Faith not by sight.

Glory to God... :Rose:

jenny87

loolalooh said:
Reposting my original post (which I think you overlooked):

"The definition (at least in LOA) of a vision board is not to inspire, but to manifest things into your life. What I don't understand is why we as believers would take a non-believer concept and try to make it our own. Oh well.

The problem with vision boards is that they facilitate the entrance of the enemy into our lives. (As if we don't have enough of him already.) You paste photos from magazines or the internet of what you want in your life. Your hope in creating the board is that the Universe (what non-believers call it) or God (what we call Him) will bring you those things you want. You meditate (what non-believers call it) or pray (what believers call it) on the board daily or regularly so that those things manifest themselves. Before you know it, these desires become the forefront of your mind and God becomes the background. In fact, God is only in the picture as "the One you pray to so you can get what you want" and nothing more. You lose sight of what God has called us to do (to serve Him, to spread the Good News, etc.). You focus more on what you want in the physical world (a big house, a new car, etc.). This is what vision boards have the potential to do. After one thing is manifested, you ask for the next thing, and it doesn't end. This is what I've seen."

Can you quote me where I said that "God himself did not tell you to express yourself and prayers through construction paper and pictures?" I see vision boards as going down a dangerous path. I said "The problem with vision boards is that they facilitate the entrance of the enemy into our lives." What God told you (or didn't tell you) is not my place to say.

I didn't miss this by any means.....I saw it and read it. I will say, just like I have said up thread, I do not participate in LOA, I do not know anything about it. Most of the other people I have seen in this thread that have vision boards do not participate in LOA. My main problem is when people, Christians or otherwise, have these extreme opinions on what other people need to do in their lives or walk with God. You say that it isn't your place to say what God did or didn't tell me, but if that is what God told me you are judging it and condemning it.

I agree that people should pray God's will over, as in above or instead of desires, but we all know that is not what everyone does. If having a piece of cardboard is going to lead you to sin, then by all means don't have one. But don't act like a picture on a piece of cardboard is the end all be all for facilitating the devil. Did you throw away your magazines and gluesticks? What about your markers? Surely those things must be inviting Satan into your home since together they can make something so evil. If you are praying TO your vision board to bring about your desires, then yes that's a prroblem. If you are praying over it the same way you do your prayer journal, I think you will be okay.

Adding a picture to some words does not make it demonic; the person using it does. A vision board is just that, a board, some words, some pictures, and some glue. YOU have to give it power in and over your life to invite a spirit in.

jenny87

Shimmie said:
It doesn't matter what you call it, it will still be what it is, a tool of witchcraft. satan changes names all the time, but it's still the same practice and deception.

The question is this. Can you trust God without it? Can you give up having a vision board, and place your trust in God totally without leaning towards your own understanding. The board is a crutch, it's your alternate... it's your 'just in case' God says 'no', you'll get it for yourself.

So can you? Can you take God as He is and solely as He is and just leave all in His hands and walk away from the 'board' and believe Him and His power and most of all, His love for you. God won't turn on you and forget your prayers. If a goal is in your heart, neither will you forget it. And if it's part of God's plan, it will definitely come to pass. :yep:

It's all a matter of choice and where your faith is.

If God be God, believe Him, Trust Him, leave all other gods aside. If the vision board be god, honour it. The choice is yours.

You can ask the same questions of a prayer journal, which several people have said they have. So should I get rid of my prayer journal??

Shimmie

Staff member
You can ask the same questions of a prayer journal, which several people have said they have. So should I get rid of my prayer journal??

Jenny, the Bible its self is a Prayer Journal ... no questions are necessary.

A vision board is not. :nono:

You're still connected to a lot of the things of the world, Jenny. I don't know if you are 'Saved' or not, however, if you're living in sin (such as having sex outside of marriage), there's an influence that blinds you to the truth that God wants you to live in. In time, as you grow in Christ Jesus, you'll be able to see and understand the difference.

In Christ we cannot have it both ways, we cannot be conformed to this world and be in God's Kingdom. It's one or the other.

Our hearts as Christians should have Jesus as far more important than a material board which has no life other than what we give it, which is in reality, 'lifeless'.

Jesus says,

If ye abide in Me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 15:7

All you need is Jesus... no boards allowed.

disgtgyal

Wow I'm surprise this is still continuing, I think those who staunchly oppose vision boards aren't approaching the matter of "reasoning together" and to me there seems to be this self righteous air about it. To quote my minister "ppl only judge that which they feel they are superior to" I understand we are to be careful about what we take part in but as I've said loa is a perversion of biblical principle "calling things into being" the difference is we as Christians understand that its not by our might nor by power but by His spirit are we able to do such things. From what I've read those who have vision boards aren't worshiping it nor relying on themselves to bring their goals to pass. Speaking of wedding traditions many Christians incorporate several things that have to do with bad/good luck into their wedding ceremony, e.g. carrying a wife over the threshold, to name one. To those that oppose vision boards as well as those that support it, go before God without any preconceived beliefs and ask Him earnestly to open the eyes of your heart concerning vision boards because afterall if it isn't explicitly expressed as sin in the bible its the Holy spirit that will let us know whether its sinful for that individual because only He knows our hearts.

loolalooh

I didn't miss this by any means.....I saw it and read it. I will say, just like I have said up thread, I do not participate in LOA, I do not know anything about it. Most of the other people I have seen in this thread that have vision boards do not participate in LOA.

Summary: Some Christians have started adopting vision boards. We don't disagree there.

My main problem is when people, Christians or otherwise, have these extreme opinions on what other people need to do in their lives or walk with God. You say that it isn't your place to say what God did or didn't tell me, but if that is what God told me you are judging it and condemning it.

Can vision boards facilitate entrance of the enemy? Yes. I would by lying if I said no. The OP asked the question. I chose to answer. I'm merely warning those who are inquisitive. Whether you take that as me telling you what God did or didn't tell you is your own personal problem. Whether you take that as an extreme opinion on what you need to do in your life is your own personal problem.

I agree that people should pray God's will over, as in above or instead of desires, but we all know that is not what everyone does.

Correct. Not everyone does. Will you follow them?

If having a piece of cardboard is going to lead you to sin, then by all means don't have one. But don't act like a picture on a piece of cardboard is the end all be all for facilitating the devil. Did you throw away your magazines and gluesticks? What about your markers? Surely those things must be inviting Satan into your home since together they can make something so evil.

You haven't read what people posted in this thread concerning the dangers of the vision board. It is not that it is merely "a picture on a piece of cardboard".

If you are praying TO your vision board to bring about your desires, then yes that's a prroblem. If you are praying over it the same way you do your prayer journal, I think you will be okay.

Vision boards can lead to focus on the self. It doesn't matter whether you are praying to the board itself, to the Universe, or to God. Your prayers are directed to gratifying the self. Focus on the self can open the door to the enemy.

Adding a picture to some words does not make it demonic; the person using it does.

You'd be surprised how the devil can work.

A vision board is just that, a board, some words, some pictures, and some glue. YOU have to give it power in and over your life to invite a spirit in.

No, my dear. A vision board is not just that.

jenny87

Shimmie said:
Jenny, the Bible its self is a Prayer Journal ... no questions are necessary.

A vision board is not. :nono:

You're still connected to a lot of the things of the world, Jenny. I don't know if you are 'Saved' or not, however, if you're living in sin (such as having sex outside of marriage), there's an influence that blinds you to the truth that God wants you to live in. In time, as you grow in Christ Jesus, you'll be able to see and understand the difference.

In Christ we cannot have it both ways, we cannot be conformed to this world and be in God's Kingdom. It's one or the other.

Our hearts as Christians should have Jesus as far more important than a material board which has no life other than what we give it, which is in reality, 'lifeless'.

Jesus says,

If ye abide in Me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 15:7

All you need is Jesus... no boards allowed.

Ummm no. You know that is not what I meant. Not to meantion the bible is much more than a "prayer journal". There are songs, hymns, parables, letters, and other things besides prayers so no, not the same.

I'm serious, don't try to sidestep the questions. Since Christians do not need anything blocking/coming btw their communication with God, why does one need a prayer journal? It is nothing but a book that you write you prayers to go in and then pray for those same things?

As far as my "living in sin", it almost looks like you were trying to imply that you are above all the temptations of the world and not living in sin? But I know you would do something like that. :look:

jenny87

loolalooh said:
Can vision boards facilitate entrance of the enemy? Yes. I would by lying if I said no.

Several things can facilitate "the entrance of the enemy". Money is one of the biggest ones. Are you going to be poor to make sure you are not tempted? Doubt it. But people worship money all the time.

If you are trying to rid yourself of things that MIGHT facilitate the enemy you have to throw out more than just your vision board. What movies do you have? What books do you read? How do you spend your time off?? Think of all of that stuff too before you pass judgement on everyone else.

disgtgyal

jenny87 said:
Several things can facilitate "the entrance of the enemy". Money is one of the biggest ones. Are you going to be poor to make sure you are not tempted? Doubt it. But people worship money all the time.

If you are trying to rid yourself of things that MIGHT facilitate the enemy you have to throw out more than just your vision board. What movies do you have? What books do you read? How do you spend your time off?? Think of all of that stuff too before you pass judgement on everyone else.

Could not have said it better, it was very self- righteous and judgmental... Being part of this hair board could become an "open door" because it could be interpreted as idolatry by some more religious Christians ... I think the heart of the matter is there are some Christians who are so fearful of doing anything because it may give the enemy an entry, while I do believe we are to be vigilant I more than anything trust my relationship with God, and I know the Holy spirit will let me know if I'm heading into something I shouldn't. I chose to live by faith not fear.

Shimmie

Staff member
Wow I'm surprise this is still continuing, I think those who staunchly oppose vision boards aren't approaching the matter of "reasoning together" and to me there seems to be this self righteous air about it. To quote my minister "ppl only judge that which they feel they are superior to" I understand we are to be careful about what we take part in but as I've said loa is a perversion of biblical principle "calling things into being" the difference is we as Christians understand that its not by our might nor by power but by His spirit are we able to do such things. From what I've read those who have vision boards aren't worshiping it nor relying on themselves to bring their goals to pass.

Speaking of wedding traditions many Christians incorporate several things that have to do with bad/good luck into their wedding ceremony, e.g. carrying a wife over the threshold, to name one.

To those that oppose vision boards as well as those that support it, go before God without any preconceived beliefs and ask Him earnestly to open the eyes of your heart concerning vision boards because afterall if it isn't explicitly expressed as sin in the bible its the Holy spirit that will let us know whether its sinful for that individual because only He knows our hearts.

I can assure that my husband did not carry me over the threshold. The door wasn't wide enough. :lol:

The truth is this. Vision boards are for those who need to 'see' in order to believe. God's Word instructs otherwise. We walk by faith, not by sight. Pure and simple. A vision board is not in line with scripture, for it is for those who are 'sight' dependent. They have to see it to believe it.

There is no basis to make it scriptural. Just one's dependency to have one.

There are people dying to have a Bible. Literally dying. And when they have access to one, they cherish God's Word so much, that they committ God's Word deep within their hearts. And this is just as God commanded us to do; to committ His Word into our hearts and to live by Faith, not sight, but by Faith to believe in Him.

You can bring up anything you want to try and compare the ills of traditions of men, yet it still will not make a vision board holy. It is what it is and will always be... a tool of witchcraft.

loolalooh

Jenny, I'm not going to argue with you. The OP asked a question, and I answered. If you are looking for an argument, you won't find it with me. You are clearly not asking questions from a place of curiosity, but from a place of stirring up dissension. Here is my response to this most recent post and, unless you have genuine questions in the future, I will no longer respond to your future replies:

The Bible says that "love of the money" is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6). So yes, "love of money", can facilitate entrance of the enemy. Is money in itself evil? No. Money feeds the poor, helps the sick, etc. Tell me ... do vision boards feed the poor and help the sick?

Yes, certain movies and books and how one spends their time can facilitate the enemy. This is more realistic comparison (than money and vision boards). There is no disagreement with that. You asked "do I rid myself of those things"? Yes, I do. I try to avoid movies and books and activities that promote sexual immorality, selfishness, violence, etc.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Habbakuk 2 is so often misused to support manifestations.. we tend to forget to note that the vision came directly from God and Habbakuk had to wait (pray, keep faith) for it to be manifested in its appointed time. Whatever that revelation God gives Him...

Verse 1
I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected.

He gave his complaints, requests, etc to the Lord and waited for God's answers.

Rather, people tend see this the other way around : Habbakuk has his own vision, and waited on God to make it happen. That introduces our own efforts, to see to it that it does happen. Basically, our will vs God's.

I'm actually considering doing a vision board, but doing it differently. My vision board will consist of all the things God has promised me, all the plans He laid out for me. My vision board isn't going to be based on the law of attraction, in fact I plan on dividing the cardboard in three and in the middle will be Bible verses that correspond with His promises and purpose beginning with seeking Him first... and on the outer sides will be pics representing the promises He made but it'll held together by the Word. Before reading this thread it never occurred to me it could be demonic, especially since in Habakkuk God says to write the vision down which IMO serves a visual reminder for the person when their faith maybe lacking... am I missing something?

Sent from my LG-P925 using LG-P925

loolalooh

Could not have said it better, it was very self- righteous and judgmental...

Before you say I am being "self-righteous" and "judgmental", quote me where I have been "self-righteous" and "judgmental". That is a baseless personal attack you are making merely because you are in disagreement with my viewpoint. Just there, you have judged me.

Being part of this hair board could become an "open door" because it could be interpreted as idolatry by some more religious Christians ...

Yes, being a part of this hair board could become an "open door". Where are we disagreeing? Maybe because I feel a vision board opens a wider door? So am I not allowed to warn others of the dangers of a vision board in a thread specifically asking whether vision boards are demonic?

I think the heart of the matter is there are some Christians who are so fearful of doing anything because it may give the enemy an entry, while I do believe we are to be vigilant I more than anything trust my relationship with God, and I know the Holy spirit will let me know if I'm heading into something I shouldn't. I chose to live by faith not fear.

There are things we should avoid because they will lead us so easily into sin (James 4:7). Then there things we cannot avoid because it will prevent us from accomplishing the work of God.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Ummm no. You know that is not what I meant. Not to meantion the bible is much more than a "prayer journal". There are songs, hymns, parables, letters, and other things besides prayers so no, not the same.

I'm serious, don't try to sidestep the questions. Since Christians do not need anything blocking/coming btw their communication with God, why does one need a prayer journal? It is nothing but a book that you write you prayers to go in and then pray for those same things?

As far as my "living in sin", it almost looks like you were trying to imply that you are above all the temptations of the world and not living in sin? But I know you would do something like that. :look:Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using LHCF

I'm not 'above' it, no one is; I've been 'there', however I had sense enough to get out of it, and not to 'do it' any longer. :yep:

So are you admitting that you are in sexual sin? Little one, I hope not. It may not seem to you that I care, but your life means far, far more for me to not care. It involves too much of your being and you deserve so much better.

If you are in this activity, do you advocate this, even as a Christian? Adding this to not seeing the dangers of a vision board?

If you're in sexual sin; giving your virtue to someone who is not your husband, can lead to other misconceptions in life.... The elements of deception are there and prominant; because of the emotions involved in sex it renders one unable to see the right from the wrong.

One of the biggest misconceptions of unmarried sex, is that you can change a man; make him yours; make him yield to your desires by giving him your body, only to lose yourself instead; leading you to make other unwise decisions in your life.

Bottomline: It's selling yourself short and it is blocking God from being 'total' in your life.

Be safe and please be careful. You deserve far better. :yep:

LucieLoo12

Can we just stick to the word? Can the word of God be the word all by itself? The bible says His word is spirit and live. We dont need no boards, just apply the word of God to your life and you will begin to see manifestations unfold in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.