Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Could not have said it better, it was very self- righteous and judgmental... Being part of this hair board could become an "open door" because it could be interpreted as idolatry by some more religious Christians ... I think the heart of the matter is there are some Christians who are so fearful of doing anything because it may give the enemy an entry, while I do believe we are to be vigilant I more than anything trust my relationship with God, and I know the Holy spirit will let me know if I'm heading into something I shouldn't. I chose to live by faith not fear.

It's not fearfulness to avoid what you clearly see is a wrong path--it's wisdom and understanding. God certainly does guide, and there have been several people in this thread issuing warnings. It reminds me of SuperNintendo's MarioKart, when you would drive in the wrong direction, a little creature would drop out of the sky with a sign that said "Wrong way! Wrong way" until you turned around. What has been shared is simply a warning sign. And many times people are able to give warnings because they've been down a wrong path and back again and therefore know (not just guess or assume) that it's not the right way.

Last edited:

jenny87

Shimmie - it really doesn't matter what type of sin I'm in. lol. God doesn't look at any sin as better than another.

I wish I could unparticipate in this thread! I'm sick of seeing. I'm sick of seeing all of these people and their opinions. You know what they say about opinions......

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using LHCF

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie - it really doesn't matter what type of sin I'm in. lol. God doesn't look at any sin as better than another.

I wish I could unparticipate in this thread! I'm sick of seeing. I'm sick of seeing all of these people and their opinions. You know what they say about opinions......

Please don't say it doesn't matter. Jenny, YOU matter. It's about you.

Okay, putting aside the issue with the vision board, there is something here which is of value and Jenny, that's you. Sin matters to God because it's about individual you and what the consequences are because of it.

Your heart matters. And if indeed the sin is sexual, it matters ever so much, for a woman has to ask herself, does this man love her as much as she is giving of herself to him? Does his love for her measure up to her 'virtue'?

Her virtue is a 'gift', a gift that a man has to earn. She is far worth the price that a man must pay in order to be intimate with her. Jenny you are worth that price. You are worth the price that a man must earn.

Boaz paid the price for Ruth; with heart he took the responsibility of being her kinsman redeemer. He paid the price to honour and to marry her.

No woman, especially a deeply loved daughter of God, has to 'sell' herself short of what she is worth. Jenny you are God's daughter and yes, all sin is sin to Him, yet each sin has it's own consequences and heartache. There is a set consequence that matches each sin.

I'm not condemning you.... I can't. I know what's it like to want love yet I've learned that it has to be the right love and I had to trust God to bring it/him into my life and God did just that. God has better for us as His daughters. Don't be afraid to walk away from the counterfeits and place your heart in God's care to bring the right man into your life.

Sex outside of Marriage and vision boards have much in common. They are based upon misplaced desires; they give a false sense of hope; neither of them are the real thing.

Please be safe... Little One.

jenny87

^^^ I simply meant to God sin is sin. Sexual sin is no different than lying in God's eyes.

Shimmie

Staff member
^^^ I simply meant to God sin is sin. Sexual sin is no different than lying in God's eyes.

It is... :yep: We both agree.

Yet still each sin has it's own related consequences.

Jenny, I'm laying down the 'arms', meaning the disagreements that we have exchanged in this thread. Something far more important needs to be dealt with; 'You', Little One. If sexual sin is in your life, you are the most important of all, that needs attention. I don't want to see you in trouble. :nono:

The issue of the vision board is officially dropped. If you ever want to PM me, please do. There's no condemnation. :nono:

There's such a beauty in you that no one can ever take away, unless you give it away. You are precious and rare, that's how God designed you. The sin's consequence would be to lose it to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Please take care....

Kookookiwi

It is... :yep: We both agree.

Yet still each sin has it's own related consequences.

Jenny, I'm laying down the 'arms', meaning the disagreements that we have exchanged in this thread. Something far more important needs to be dealt with; 'You', Little One. If sexual sin is in your life, you are the most important of all, that needs attention. I don't want to see you in trouble. :nono:

The issue of the vision board is officially dropped. If you ever want to PM me, please do. There's no condemnation. :nono:

There's such a beauty in you that no one can ever take away, unless you give it away. You are precious and rare, that's how God designed you. The sin's consequence would be to lose it to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Please take care....

I'm confused, what does her sexual life or PERSONAL sins have to with the topic at hand?:perplexed Should we have everyone confess their sins so we can determine if they are worthy of having an opinion on this topic? If someone does one particular type of sin are they somehow incapable of understanding the word of God? I don't do Vision Boards and haven't done the research to know how I feel about them, and I surely don't support LOA, but this just isn't right. If you're sincerely concerned about her wellbeing why not send her a PM? Why would you put this judgement, because that's definitely what it sounds like, of her out in the middle of the thread:perplexed?This was an interesting topic but now it's just going :nono:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm confused, what does her sexual life or PERSONAL sins have to with the topic at hand?:perplexed Should we have everyone confess their sins so we can determine if they are worthy of having an opinion on this topic? If someone does one particular type of sin are they somehow incapable of understanding the word of God? I don't do Vision Boards and haven't done the research to know how I feel about them, and I surely don't support LOA, but this just isn't right. If you're sincerely concerned about her wellbeing why not send her a PM? Why would you put this judgement, because that's definitely what it sounds like, of her out in the middle of the thread:perplexed?This was an interesting topic but now it's just going :nono:

I closed the issue....

Kookookiwi

I closed the issue....

I understand that I just don't see why whether or not she's having sexual relations outside of marriage was brought up in the first place. But you know what nevermind because I don't want to derail the thread further. OP I'll have to do some research and then I'll get back to you:yep:

disgtgyal

Yes we walk by faith and not sight, never did I nor anyone say the vision board makes them believe in God's promises what I did say however is that is serves as a visual reminder, its no different than writing verses on index card and placing them throughout your home, you know the word but the index cards serves as a reminder nothing more nothing less. I spoke of wedding traditions Christians practice because those who are oppose vision boards are do so because of it's origins, so I'm suggesting to those individuals look at the origins of everything they do, including wearing makeup, because the women who worshipped baal put makeup on as part of their worship, and what about earrings ... I say all of this to say if you're going to say vision boards are wrong, sinful, unscriptual, witchcraft, then look at everything in your life and find its origins and scriptural reference for doing it.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes we walk by faith and not sight, never did I nor anyone say the vision board makes them believe in God's promises what I did say however is that is serves as a visual reminder, its no different than writing verses on index card and placing them throughout your home, you know the word but the index cards serves as a reminder nothing more nothing less. I spoke of wedding traditions Christians practice because those who are oppose vision boards are do so because of it's origins, so I'm suggesting to those individuals look at the origins of everything they do, including wearing makeup, because the women who worshipped baal put makeup on as part of their worship, and what about earrings ... I say all of this to say if you're going to say vision boards are wrong, sinful, unscriptual, witchcraft, then look at everything in your life and find its origins and scriptural reference for doing it.

Nothing you've said defends the use of a vision board. People are not using jewelry or makeup to 'will' things into their lives.

Like I said up post, this spirit of witchcraft did not become as prevalent in this forum until the loa threads were introduced, along with the 'self help' tools and books, introducing and promoting the use of vision boards to perform their manisfestations. All of which is the New Age movement to distract and move people further away from God.

Please do not think for one minute that I am not fully aware of the spirit behind those who attempt to bring that witchery here into the our Christian forum. It's a demonic strategy to feign innocense of something which in truth is not innocent. It's an attempt to lure Christians into a practice which will do more harm than any good.

You can use any comparisons you want to validate the use of a vision board, or to present it as less harmful. However the attempt of satan is clear. It is to 'relax' the precautions and allow it to seep into its use among Christians with the result of the practice of witchcraft flowing in the midst. I'm not having it over here.

This Christian forum is a place where the presence of God will not be minimized. God's power will not be limited. There are numerous members here who have paid the price of putting their full faith in trusting and honouring God and in that our prayers have and will be heard and answered by HIM and not defiled by interferring spirits.

People are hurting. People are searching for their purpose in life. People need the wholeness of God and in this time of which we are living, we need God all the more. None of us can afford to be on our own with the future that lies ahead. None of us can afford to be without God.

For those who think I am making a big deal over a little board... get real!

The devil is not fooling anybody. he knows exactly what he's doing, by trying to convince a Christian that a vision board is fine for posting scriptures. However, that's the 'entrance'. Once he's gotten in, the vision board becomes an 'altar' for other things that they begin to post / place on that board; especially when trials come into their lives. The board is 'there' and it seems 'okay' to place their desires on that board and they begin to put into action 'self will' instead of prayer and strengthening their relationship with God and to trust Him to get them through whatever comes into their lives.

All of this foolishness defending a demonic tool such a a vision board is proof that people are not dependent upon God but what they choose for themselves. It is also an indication that something else is going on in their lives which is hindering God from being the full focus in their lives. Often, it is connected to a sexual experience. Sex opens the soul to many things, and if it's sex outside of marriage, it can often lead to the practice of witchcraft and the person doesn't recognize it as such.

Often, vision boards are used by women who place pictures of men they've been intimate / or wish to be intimate with; men that they want to marry; men who have left them, men whom they've had sex with and have been abandoned; they use the board as an attempt to 'will' these men to either stay with them or to come back onto their lives.

More often than not, vision boards are used in this form of witchcraft, to 'will' ... to manifest the object of ones' affection, to manifest a person into the user's life. There are Christian women who are doing this, they have the man, the house, pictures of a family, the family car.... all that they desire, is placed upon these boards to 'will / manifest' into their lives. They've lost their faith, patience, their hope in believing God; so they create their own. This is not God.

You can say all day long that you're not going to use the board for this. Okay... if the board is there, you've already placed your faith in it. It's just a matter of time for it to be 'used' as satan intended, to depart you from the faith.

At this point, I truly do not care who gets offended. I'm not out to hurt anyone. I tried to warn people before when this mess first started evolving. Of course it caused controversy big time, however, things have occurred in some of the lives of those who were strong supporters of loa and vision boards which is indeed loa. When you 'invite' or give entrance to these spirits, it's only a matter of time before 'they' become the manifestors of their character and they begin to wreck havoc in the person's life.

It's like the rattlesnake story which was posted. The snake convinced someone that they would not bite them, when the person dropped their guard and allowed the snake to come in, they bit the person afterall.

Keep letting satan fool you. It's only a matter of time before he strikes.

loolalooh

:Shaking my head:

You apparently do not understand what those "oppose vision boards" are trying to say. First, you throw out the words "self righteous" and "judgmental" (in a previous post) to those same people. Now you equate vision boards to makeup and earrings to challenge those people's lives. It seems like you are in attack mode to those who disagree with you.

If you and others want to have discussion on what other things in one's life are "wrong, sinful, and unscriptural", we can gladly start a new thread on that topic and discuss. (In this thread, we've already discussed the topic of movies, money, activities, hair boards, prayer journals, etc. to appease you and others'.) The OP asked about vision boards, and so those who are warning against them are merely sharing the dangers associated with a vision board. No one here claims to be perfect in his/her life. As far as I know, some of us do analyze the origins of other things in our life and attempt to avoid what leads to sin (again, this was answered in previous posts by many others).

If you want to create a vision board, no one is tying you down. After all, God gave us free will. However, that does not mean we will stop warning others.

Last edited:

disgtgyal

No one and correct me if I'm wrong but no one said by using vision board they are willing something into their life. I made the reference of makeup and earrings because you're talking about the origins of things and not participating in it because of its origins, so what I'm suggesting is that you look at everything in your life and find out the history of those things, or even research the beliefs of the early church before the Protestant reformation, you will be amazed at some of the things Christians didn't do because of its associations, and like one of my favorite minister said Jesus didn't die for us to have a religion He died so we can have a relationship and fellowship with God, and I say that because the argument against it sounds very "spirit of religion-ish". As ridiculous a reference makeup and earrings may seem to us now, think back a few centuries and how it was viewed, which is exactly how vision boards will be viewed in the future. I understand what those who oppose it are saying, yes it can be an open door for some because it can lead to idolatry and that its used as a tool for witchcraft which is why i said earlier if anyone is considering it, bring it before God and He will let you know whether it's a danger for you, what's the problem with that, because if it is what you profess it to be then God will let them know. Isn't it the holy spirit's job to convict and lead us into all truth. As I said earlier if something isn't explicitly forbidden in the bible then you are to go before God with it, Paul says do not put your bondage on me nor will I flaunt my liberty in front of you. And no I'm not in attack mode that isn't in my character, but maybe what you picked up is frustration. when I said judgemental and self- righteous I was referring to the tone of your post not you hun you seem offended by that, I'm sorry.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I don't think it's about origins. In fact, origins never really crossed my mind. It's the nature of the thing itself...not simply as a potential tool of witchcraft, but an act of witchcraft in its nature. It wouldn't matter if it originated with someone sitting in a church service--if the activity is forbidden by Scripture (which I hope we can all agree that witchcraft is), then it's not something to be embraced.

As mentioned upthread, we are accustomed to thinking about witchcraft as boiling cauldrons, broomsticks and other hocus pocus nonsense. All of these caricatures of witches only serve to desensitize us to the way that a spirit of witchcraft manifests itself in many other ways that are much more subtle. Witchcraft is basically relying on spirits or a "force" other than the Holy Spirit to accomplish something or guide us. There's a reason all of this stuff is so popular in non-Christian, but "spiritual" circles--they can have their desires manifested (or "prayers answered") without following Christ, without waiting on or submitting to Him. You just put your desire out to the "universe" and the "universe" will give it back to you. This is just calling on familiar spirits to do one's bidding; and they will, if a person gets deep enough into it. It doesn't matter if the person realizes that they're calling on spirits--I'm sure the vast majority don't--but that's what's operating.

In I Corinthians 10, Paul mentions that people who were sacrificing to idols were in fact sacrificing to demons. As far as Christians go, Watchman Nee said something interesting--that there's a reason Jesus told us to pray to our Father who is in heaven, for if we pray to the "God" in our room, we'll get an answer from the "god" in our room--which is not the triune God. (http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/nee/5f00.0634/5f00.0634.02.htm) It's not beyond Christians to be deceived as to what power they are really tapping into. If we focus on the temporal, the metaphysical, the "universe" or what have you, we'll get the prince of the power of the air rather than our Father in heaven.

One might say, "But God didn't explicitly say that this was bad." Well, He also gives us reason to be able to apply biblical principles to what we encounter, since there are lots of things that aren't explicitly mentioned that Christians know to be wrong. Everything doesn't come down to personal leadings, as we could list plenty of activities and habits that are not explicitly mentioned in Scripture, and yet we know God is not telling one person it's OK and another that it is. It's not about personal weakness, in this case, it's about whether an activity itself is or is not offensive to God. Besides, the apostles asked Jesus to teach them how to pray, and He did. Why isn't that enough?

If a vision board is not being used as a "vision board" then it doesn't apply to this discussion. There are posters that I love that have scripture written on them. There are ones that list the names of God. Sunday school classrooms have verses and prayers hanging up. These are not "vision boards." I don't understand the point of arguing about something that doesn't apply to the question asked. If what one is doing is not how a "vision board" is used, then I don't think it fits into this conversation and there's no need to defend it. If it is how a "vision board" is used, then no amount of dressing it up changes what it is.

But I think that what has been said is more than enough for people to read, think about, pray about and move on in their walk with the Lord.

Last edited:

loolalooh

No one and correct me if I'm wrong but no one said by using vision board they are willing something into their life.

Though that is usually the case, one does not have to start a vision board with that intent. Some people have started vision boards with innocent intent and, before they know it, fall into the dangerous path. (I believe at least one person has shared their story in this thread.)

I made the reference of makeup and earrings because you're talking about the origins of things and not participating in it because of its origins, so what I'm suggesting is that you look at everything in your life and find out the history of those things, or even research the beliefs of the early church before the Protestant reformation, you will be amazed at some of the things Christians didn't do because of its associations, and like one of my favorite minister said Jesus didn't die for us to have a religion He died so we can have a relationship and fellowship with God, and I say that because the argument against it sounds very "spirit of religion-ish". As ridiculous a reference makeup and earrings may seem to us now, think back a few centuries and how it was viewed, which is exactly how vision boards will be viewed in the future.

Here's the point you are making: If the origin/association of vision boards are suspect, so are the origins/associations of other things. Why don't those who oppose vision boards also look at those other things. Please re-read the answers I and others gave in previous posts.

I understand what those who oppose it are saying, yes it can be an open door for some because it can lead to idolatry and that its used as a tool for witchcraft which is why i said earlier if anyone is considering it, bring it before God and He will let you know whether it's a danger for you, what's the problem with that, because if it is what you profess it to be then God will let them know. Isn't it the holy spirit's job to convict and lead us into all truth. As I said earlier if something isn't explicitly forbidden in the bible then you are to go before God with it, Paul says do not put your bondage on me nor will I flaunt my liberty in front of you. And no I'm not in attack mode that isn't in my character, but maybe what you picked up is frustration. when I said judgemental and self- righteous I was referring to the tone of your post not you hun you seem offended by that, I'm sorry.

As Christians, we can look to this verse: “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31). If something is not explicitly forbidden in the Bible, we should ask ourselves: "Will this be for the glory of God?"

We can also look to this verse: "But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin." (Romans 14:23). If one is having doubts about creating a vision board, one sins by creating a vision board.

So in summary, one can ask themselves: "Will I be creating this vision board for the glory of God?" "Do I have doubts about creating this vision board?"

loolalooh

If a vision board is not being used as a "vision board" then it doesn't apply to this discussion. There are posters that I love that have scripture written on them. There are ones that list the names of God. Sunday school classrooms have verses and prayers hanging up. These are not "vision boards." I don't understand the point of arguing about something that doesn't apply to the question asked. If what one is doing is not how a "vision board" is used, then I don't think it fits into this conversation and there's no need to defend it. If it is how a "vision board" is used, then no amount of dressing it up changes what it is.

This is critical. The thread is about "vision boards". If one is not creating a "vision board", then much of what has been stated in this thread does not apply.

disgtgyal

Nicola I agree with you, not everyone who has a vision board is using it as a "vision board" and those who aren't should not be told that its witchcraft, and that's my point, its not about those who oppose it being a kill joy its about them taking it out of context of how the user is using the vision board. If you found out tomorrow witches are using pictures of doves as a witchcraft tool are you gonna throw out any and all pictures of doves you may have, just an example to illustrate how there's a relinquishing of power and authority, and I don't think the book of revelation is a kill joy, atleast it shouldn't be to anyone in Christ. Revelation was explained to me as an unveiling of God. On a side note hungry for God on ITunes is a great podcast, but its definitely not for those who are religious and steeped in traditions

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I think we're missing each other in that the label of the person doing the activity doesn't matter, it's the thing itself. People can and do operate in a spirit of witchcraft unknowingly. I'm not concerned about what "witches" do, as that label is a distraction. Like I said, it wouldn't matter if this idea were created in a church service and promoted by ministers. We need to be able to discern the nature of the thing itself.

Last edited:

disgtgyal

Jenny, I have no doubts and yes its done to His glory, and with that said the questions you asked is a helpful response to someone trying to decide whether they should or shouldn't make one, as oppose to some who basically say witchcraft witchcraft witchcraft, because the why is what's important. I do agree the nature of it is important and I do not share the belief its demonic. And as someone who has experience the effect of witchcraft I know there is no way God would allow me to create something that would be a gateway for the demonic.

Shimmie

Staff member

Nicola I agree with you, not everyone who has a vision board is using it as a "vision board"...

Don't get too happy with this comment. God isn't giving you permission nor is He validating you to be at peace with having a vision ouija board for 'other' purposes....

This is not a game.

The devil is slick and as I said earlier, he knows exactly what he's doing in order to gain access to one's life. he is out to steal, kill and to destroy. The very fact that it's a tool of witchcraft makes it an accursed thing. The intent of its use is not pure. There is absolutely no intention nor is there an ability for any Christian to use this as progress towards their walk or devotion to God. It's a ''back-up" plan, put into place for the 'just in case', what one desires doesn't come on their terms.

No, No... Uh-uh... :nono: I see right through it.

satan's intent is to seep into Christian lives with his lies of innocense, where he can gain access to their faith and hinder their relationship with God.

I Peter 5:6-8

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Be sober, be VIGILANT; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Last edited:

Kookookiwi

I think we're missing each other in that the label of the person doing the activity doesn't matter, it's the thing itself. People can and do operate in a spirit of witchcraft unknowingly. I'm not concerned about what "witches" do, as that label is a distraction. Like I said, it wouldn't matter if this idea were created in a church service and promoted by ministers. We need to be able to discern the nature of the thing itself.

So can any of you ladies share what you would view as a vision board as oppose to a "vision board"(this one being the one with origins and uses in witchcraft)? Do two separate vision boards exist, or do you believe that the difference is so minute it would be to easy to cross that line and is not even worth the risk? I think that would definitely be helpful to me and probably many other ladies in this thread.:yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Jenny, I have no doubts and yes its done to His glory, and with that said the questions you asked is a helpful response to someone trying to decide whether they should or shouldn't make one, as oppose to some who basically say witchcraft witchcraft witchcraft, because the why is what's important. I do agree the nature of it is important and I do not share the belief its demonic.

And as someone who has experience the effect of witchcraft I know there is no way God would allow me to create something that would be a gateway for the demonic.

The truth is coming out all in this thread. You have a 'history' with witchcraft which 'clues' why you are in denial.

And you are right, God would not allow you to create a gateway, however it doesn't stop you from doing what you will to do.

When a person is no longer under any remnants of witchcraft, they absolutely refuse to have any type of any association with anything that has any association of the occult.

I am not saying that you are practicing witchcraft, at least not knowingly, however, unless you have been completely delivered from its affects, you will not support anything that has a link to it.

You don't need a vision board anywhere near you.... :nono: It's a setup. satan knows how to get to you, since he's been there before. he knows how to set you up. It's up to you to give him no place... in any space or area of your life. he is still seeking to devour you.

So far there are three (3) posters in this thread who support vision boards and yet there are 'links' in their lives where the enemy has been prevalent. This is not a game. :nono: The use of vision boards in this forum are NOT INNOCENT.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone here, not even embarrass them. No... :nono: I apologize right here and now to everyone to whom I have offended.

The answers to the OP's question about vision boards being demonic is being answered, in a full fledged 'yes', they are demonic.

Mark 4:22

For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.

jenny87

nicola.kirwan said:

This!! I think that is the main point of me and others in this thread. There are people that are not using their "vision boards" in this way, but are still being told that they are demonic and a tool of the enemy.

Nice & Wavy

The one thing I have learned in this 25 year journey with the Lord is that we must be TEACHABLE. If we are not able to be teachable, then we are not able to teach. Period.

As believers in Jesus, it's important to study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim. 2:15 AKJV

As we study the Word, we should begin to find ourselves conforming to the nature of Jesus and less of the world. We should begin to share what the Holy Spirit is teaching us and that word is truth! The truth of God always prevails against the enemy.

I want to continue to be teachable...I don't want to be in a position where I think that everything I say is right. But, my prayer is that the truth of the Holy Spirit will penetrate the hearts of those who need hear it and bring change, because from what I see in this thread...change is needed.

May the Lord continue to bless those who have a teachable spirit in this thread and this forum, and for those who are sharing the uncompromising word of the Lord! Continue to be his hands (as you type) ...your work is not in vain!

N&W

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
So can any of you ladies share what you would view as a vision board as oppose to a "vision board"(this one being the one with origins and uses in witchcraft)? Do two separate vision boards exist, or do you believe that the difference is so minute it would be to easy to cross that line and is not even worth the risk? I think that would definitely be helpful to me and probably many other ladies in this thread.:yep:

I'm responding since I was quoted, but I don't use them either way. I think there's some slight of hand going on in claiming there are different types. If something were not a "vision board" then it wouldn't be called such. If it's just a poster, it would just be called a poster. If it were just a prayer list, it would be called that. So, I have my own skepticism as to whether there are genuinely different kinds of vision boards--some being "innocent"...but hey, as I don't use it I'm not going to say more than that.

A cousin has been encouraging me to create one, and I think they simply are what they are, so I haven't done it. I suppose those who have created "something" that is only called a vision board could explain how it is used.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Then the devil led Jesus to the top of a very high mountain. The devil showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, and all the great things that are in those kingdoms. The devil said, "If you will bow down and worship me, I will give you all these things." Jesus said to the devil, "Go away from me, Satan! It is written {in the Scriptures}, 'You must worship the Lord your God. Serve only him!'"[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva](ERV) ...hmmmm:ohwell: Key words: give you all these things.:nono:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]What's our breaking point? At what point would we quit honoring God and begin to choose Satan's path? Not a very comfortable question, is it? What if we knew someone had power over the world and would give it to us if we would just acknowledge him as king? What if we knew we would suffer and be offered as a sacrifice because we would not acknowledge him as king?

Jesus is Lord. Not because he took Satan's phony bargain, but because he refused it. "Away from me!" Jesus ordered and Satan obeyed -- as the next verse describes. But the cost of this victory meant a far more gruesome battle. But Jesus refused to compromise his devotion to the Father even at the cost of his own comfort, acceptance, and life. Jesus won these battles over Satan and repeatedly chose to walk the path of total devotion to God, at incredible cost, to redeem us![/FONT]

(taken from http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/matthew/0128-wjd.html)

Shimmie

Staff member
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Then the devil led Jesus to the top of a very high mountain. The devil showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, and all the great things that are in those kingdoms. The devil said, "If you will bow down and worship me, I will give you all these things." Jesus said to the devil, "Go away from me, Satan! It is written {in the Scriptures}, 'You must worship the Lord your God. Serve only him!'"[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva](ERV) ...hmmmm:ohwell: Key words: give you all these things.:nono:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]What's our breaking point? At what point would we quit honoring God and begin to choose Satan's path? Not a very comfortable question, is it? What if we knew someone had power over the world and would give it to us if we would just acknowledge him as king? What if we knew we would suffer and be offered as a sacrifice because we would not acknowledge him as king?

Jesus is Lord. Not because he took Satan's phony bargain, but because he refused it. "Away from me!" Jesus ordered and Satan obeyed -- as the next verse describes. But the cost of this victory meant a far more gruesome battle. But Jesus refused to compromise his devotion to the Father even at the cost of his own comfort, acceptance, and life. Jesus won these battles over Satan and repeatedly chose to walk the path of total devotion to God, at incredible cost, to redeem us![/FONT]

(taken from http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/matthew/0128-wjd.html)

The very power of these words....

"Away from me!" Jesus ordered ... and Satan obeyed

satan did everything he could to present the compromises to Jesus as 'innocent', as if he were showing Jesus a better way....

Yet... Jesus knew the scheme behind it. Jesus rebuked the offer and said 'No'.

Oh the power of these words of Jesus...

"Away from me!" Jesus ordered and Satan obeyed ..."

The presence and the power of God has been spoken in these very words of Jesus is all Authority over Heaven and earth.

My Jesus, My Lord... Praise your name forever and ever.

Nice & Wavy

The very power of these words....

"Away from me!" Jesus ordered ... and Satan obeyed

satan did everything he could to present the compromises to Jesus as 'innocent', as if he were showing Jesus a better way....

Yet... Jesus knew the scheme behind it. Jesus rebuked the offer and said 'No'.

Oh the power of these words of Jesus...

"Away from me!" Jesus ordered and Satan obeyed ..."

The presence and the power of God has been spoken in these very words of Jesus is all Authority over Heaven and earth.

My Jesus, My Lord... Praise your name forever and ever.
Yup....:yep::yep::yep:

loolalooh

Responding in a few ...

Last edited:

loolalooh

I went back to re-read nicola's post before this.

I interpreted her point as being that people might be misusing the word "vision board". That some people might not really have a "vision board". Maybe, I interpreted her post wrong.

There is one (not two) "vision board".

Shimmie

Staff member

There's definitely a minute difference meaning there is no separation of the two for they are still one in the same. Too much compromise exists in the Body of Christ today. There are shortcuts to prayer and study, as opposed to turning off the world and giving God the time that He is worthy of.

Why are 'we' taking in more of the world when the world should be taking in more of us? Is living for God that taxing and time consuming? Is taking the time to actually read the Bible as opposed to tidbits of scripture here and there, such a task? Yet there's always time to petition Him when we want or need His intervention. :nono:

Why when God has already given us His tools of success (His Word and Prayer), do we allow satan to come in with tools and resources to steal our hearts away from being completely one with God?

The Fine Line is a trap: People are spending more time creating and looking upon their vision boards than spending time reading the Word of God and in Prayer. They now have a new god to consult. They are gradually being primed to look to a vision board as opposed to consulting God. It's all seems so innocent yet it is so subtle and it is a gateway to self fulfillment and destruction.

So often when I hear Christians 'excuse' their board use, by stating that they add scriptures, etc. :nono: It's a bribe... Lord let me have this board and I'll pretend to make it all about you. Yet it becomes an altar of their desires.

By taking this directly from the root of witchcraft (the laws of attraction) that is an insult to God our Father in Heaven. We may as well be saying, that God has not offered us enough, so we're getting our desires, prayers answered elsewhere. Often this person has already begun to spend less time with God and this board has become the vehicle to spend even less time with Him. People become self / more and God / less.

There are some things that appear innocent yet it is a trap that we are to be discerning of and to have absolutely nothing to do with. Why on earth would a Christian incorporate a witch's tool to facilitate a need / desire in their lives, especially when they have all they could ever need and much more in Jesus.

Joshua 7

Achan’s Sin

1 But the Israelites were unfaithful in regard to the devoted things[a]; Achan son of Karmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the LORD’s anger burned against Israel.

2 Now Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is near Beth Aven to the east of Bethel, and told them, “Go up and spy out the region.” So the men went up and spied out Ai.

3 When they returned to Joshua, they said, “Not all the army will have to go up against Ai. Send two or three thousand men to take it and do not weary the whole army, for only a few people live there.” 4 So about three thousand went up; but they were routed by the men of Ai, 5 who killed about thirty-six of them. They chased the Israelites from the city gate as far as the stone quarries and struck them down on the slopes. At this the hearts of the people melted in fear and became like water.

6 Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the LORD, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads. 7 And Joshua said, “Alas, Sovereign LORD, why did you ever bring this people across the Jordan to deliver us into the hands of the Amorites to destroy us? If only we had been content to stay on the other side of the Jordan! 8 Pardon your servant, Lord. What can I say, now that Israel has been routed by its enemies? 9 The Canaanites and the other people of the country will hear about this and they will surround us and wipe out our name from the earth. What then will you do for your own great name?”

10 The LORD said to Joshua, “Stand up! What are you doing down on your face? 11 Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions. 12 That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies; they turn their backs and run because they have been made liable to destruction. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction.

13 “Go, consecrate the people. Tell them, ‘Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says:

There are devoted things among you, Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove them.

14 “‘In the morning, present yourselves tribe by tribe. The tribe the LORD chooses shall come forward clan by clan; the clan the LORD chooses shall come forward family by family; and the family the LORD chooses shall come forward man by man. 15 Whoever is caught with the devoted things shall be destroyed by fire, along with all that belongs to him. He has violated the covenant of the LORD and has done an outrageous thing in Israel!’”

16 Early the next morning Joshua had Israel come forward by tribes, and Judah was chosen. 17 The clans of Judah came forward, and the Zerahites were chosen. He had the clan of the Zerahites come forward by families, and Zimri was chosen. 18 Joshua had his family come forward man by man, and Achan son of Karmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, was chosen.

19 Then Joshua said to Achan, “My son, give glory to the LORD, the God of Israel, and honor him. Tell me what you have done; do not hide it from me.”

20 Achan replied, “It is true! I have sinned against the LORD, the God of Israel. This is what I have done: 21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia,[c] two hundred shekels[d] of silver and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels,[e] I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath.”

22 So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran to the tent, and there it was, hidden in his tent, with the silver underneath. 23 They took the things from the tent, brought them to Joshua and all the Israelites and spread them out before the LORD.

24 Then Joshua, together with all Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold bar, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all that he had, to the Valley of Achor. 25 Joshua said, “Why have you brought this trouble on us? The LORD will bring trouble on you today.”

Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them. 26 Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. Then the LORD turned from his fierce anger. Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor[f] ever since.

-------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.