Are We All Children of God?

Iwanthealthyhair67

I often hear unsaved people say how they are children of God, but are they really...here's what the bible has to say:

Question: "Are we all God's children, or only Christians?"

Answer:
The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation (Colossians 1:16), and that God loves the entire world (John 3:16), but only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12; 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10).

In Scripture, the lost are never referred to as children of God. Ephesians 2:3 tells us that before we were saved we were “by nature objects of wrath.” Romans 9:8 says that “it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.” Instead of being born as God’s children, we are born in sin, which separates us from God and aligns us with Satan as God’s enemy (James 4:4; 1 John 3:8). Jesus said, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me” (John 8:42). Then a few verses later in John 8:44, Jesus told the Pharisees that they “belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.” The fact that those who are not saved are not children of God is also seen in 1 John 3:10: “This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.”

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:5-6; Ephesians 1:5). This can be clearly seen in verses like Romans 8:14-17: “…because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’ The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.” Those who are saved are children “of God through faith in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26) because God has “predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will” (Ephesians 1:5).

taken from got questions.org

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Very well... I'll post it here.

What does the Spirit of God tell you about this?

http://universalpropheticministry.com/default.aspx
-----------------------

{not directed at you iwanthealthyhair ..you being generally speaking - I was about to post this in a separate thread, then you posted this thread and I struggled for a second on whether to post it separately but had the unction to post it here -- simply because of the timing and the topic. I sincerely hope you don't mind. :yep:}

Goombay_Summer

I was also confused and wondered if I had been directed to the wrong website because metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that examines the nature of reality, including the relationship between mind and matter, substance and attribute, fact and value...... old slewfoot is certainly crafty sprinkling a few scriptures here and there, as he leads you down the board road to destruction.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
So are we all children of the devil since none of us do what is right? 1 John 3:10

Laela

Me too... I wanted to see if others saw what I saw. God is not the author of confusion. I shared this because this is someone that is messing with the spiritual life of someone I know (who grew up in a holiness church and should know better) I agree that it's a spiritual ploy to deceive. It's really bothering my spirit, because he has a church and everything...
Metaphysics is:
THE SCIENCE WHICH INVESTIGATES FIRST CAUSES OF ALL EXISTENCE AND KNOWLEDGE: SPECULATIVE PHILOSOPHY therefore he is investigating GOD'S cause of existence in my opinion. Almighty God knows those who are His!

It's methaphysics!!!!!!!

I hate to see scriptures twisted like this ...

'Master Prophet' is not scriptural, some of the things that he promises to do for folk as a 'personal' prophet the Lord has already equipped the 'saved' to do...

Just another ploy to confuse the people spiritually and take their money.

Laela

Yes, it's the wrong Web site.. :lol: I apologize about that Hanna_Light.. I'm not espousing the site at all. This a 'prophet' I just came into the knowledge of and it hit close to home for me. When I saw this thread title, I decided to post it here instead.

I was also confused and wondered if I had been directed to the wrong website because metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that examines the nature of reality, including the relationship between mind and matter, substance and attribute, fact and value...... old slewfoot is certainly crafty sprinkling a few scriptures here and there, as he leads you down the board road to destruction.

LucieLoo12

People feel like they are saved because these false prophets , there pastors, are telling them they are saved. No one wants to line up there life or examine thier life by the word of God to see if they qualify. They would rather someone else just "put" them in Heaven. People just want to feel good, they dont want to hear about sins or shortcoming..they just want to hear how "blessed and highly favored" they are.

**when I say people, im speaking generally**

I often hear unsaved people say how they are children of God, but are they really...here's what the bible has to say:

Answer: The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation (Colossians 1:16), and that God loves the entire world (John 3:16), but only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12; 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10).

In Scripture, the lost are never referred to as children of God. Ephesians 2:3 tells us that before we were saved we were “by nature objects of wrath.” Romans 9:8 says that “it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.” Instead of being born as God’s children, we are born in sin, which separates us from God and aligns us with Satan as God’s enemy (James 4:4; 1 John 3:8). Jesus said, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me” (John 8:42). Then a few verses later in John 8:44, Jesus told the Pharisees that they “belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.” The fact that those who are not saved are not children of God is also seen in 1 John 3:10: “This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.”

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:5-6; Ephesians 1:5). This can be clearly seen in verses like Romans 8:14-17: “…because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’ The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.” Those who are saved are children “of God through faith in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26) because God has “predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will” (Ephesians 1:5).

Mis007

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:5-6; Ephesians 1:5).

I always thought this to mean that we are children of God, I have never truly heard an unsaved person claim that they are.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I think many un-saved people will have a problem being called a child of the 'devil'...for the most part almost everyone would like to think that he/she has a relationship with God, but the truth of the matter is if one is not saved he is a sinner and is a child of the devil...

We are all God's creation however, if we we are no saved we are not his children, God children do the will of their Father...

Guitarhero

Yes, but there are levels of meaning in scripture. We are all loved, smiled upon, protected by the same Creator but some of us will live according to His will and will go to the happy hunting grounds...others of us, not. When He talks love to us, it's to all of us.

Goombay_Summer

It is the worldly equivalent of showing up to a deceased person will read that you have never had any type interaction with while they were alive and honestly expecting to receive an inheritance, on par with that persons offspring. Either you are legal entitled to receive something or you are not there are no grey areas the same thing with the kingdom of God either you are his kid through adoption or you are Satan's offspring.

makeupgirl

Answer: The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation (Colossians 1:16), and that God loves the entire world (John 3:16), but only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12; 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10).

I love me some gotquestions.org

It's scriptural and it makes the answers so direct and simple.

No, we are not all children of God. If anything I think this is one of the things that is misleading. A common man made mistake trying to justify the word of God.

If we were born into sin and born spiritually seperated from God, that makes it plain right here that we're not all the children of God. The unbelievers are still in this natural state and although it's unfortunate, this is the way it is. WE all started out like this before we gave our life to Christ. But we were who are now in Christ was also chosen before the foundation of the world. (Eph 1:3-4) So God knew who would truly be his kids and who wouldn't.

OP is right, I here unbelievers constantly say "we're all children of God". Really? Then prove that you're truly a child of God. How does one prove that he is? Ask them if they have truly believed, accepted, and received Christ into their hearts? If they have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? If they believe that Jesus came to earth in the flesh? Ask if they believe that Jesus is God?

Guitarhero

Remember, when Jesus calls us to the table, please know that there are going to be other Judas' there and Jesus called him the one He loved. He didn't close the door to anyone as He is friend to all, like a brother. It's up to the individual to answer the spirit call but not up to us to judge another's walk. But for grace...but for grace and we don't realize how close to hell each and every one of us are. In His temple here on earth, all are invited and we sit side-by-side. It's only a matter of a moment to accept. Yet, He opens to the door to all His creation and He loves them no differently. Believers should be painfully aware of their continuous wretchedness because He has the most mercy for the worst sinners. The worse off you are spiritually, the more mercy there is available. That should eternally humble all of us. We're all brethern under His gift to the world...Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, Jew, Pagan, Wiccan, Baptist, Presbyterian, even satanist.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^Their are lots of 'believers' who visit the christian fellowship section of this board, who need to know that we are not all children of God either we are going to believe the bible as a whole or not at all...

I am not judging anyone's walk just stating fact according to scripture, no one has disputed that Father loves us all however, he does hate sin. It is He who stands at the door of our hearts and knocks, it is us that will not let him in...His desire is that ALL men be saved and all men will not which proves that we are not all children of God.

I'm sorry but the Hindu and Buddhist etc., are not my brothers, my brothers are those who do the will of the Father.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
2 Corinthians 11:6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been thoroughly made manifest among you in all things.
Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not My word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?”

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Remember, when Jesus calls us to the table, please know that there are going to be other Judas' there and Jesus called him the one He loved.

John 21:20-21 Then Peter, turning about, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, “Lord, which is he that betrays you?” Peter seeing him said to Jesus, “Lord, and what shall this man do?”
Judas was out of the picture; John was referring to himself.

He didn't close the door to anyone

Matthew 8:21-22 And another of his disciples said to Him, “Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.”

But Jesus said to him, “Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.”

Luke 9:59-60 And [Jesus] said to another, “Follow me.”

But he said, “Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.”

Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their dead: but go you and preach the kingdom of God.”

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders. And with all delusion of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

as He is friend to all, like a brother.

Matthew 12:46-50 While [Jesus] yet talked to the people, behold, His mother and His brothers stood without, desiring to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers stand without, desiring to speak with You.”
But he answered and said to him that told him, “Who is my mother? And who are My brothers?” And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! For whoever shall do the will of My Father which is in heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother.”

Mark 3:31-35 There came then His brothers and His mother, and, standing without, sent to Him, calling Him. And the multitude sat about Him, and they said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers without seek for You.”

And He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” And He looked round about on them which sat about Him, and said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! For whoever shall do the will of God, the same is My brother, and M sister, and mother.”

Luke 8:19-21 Then came to Him His mother and His brothers, and could not come at Him for the press. And it was told Him by certain which said, “Your mother and Your brothers stand without, desiring to see You.”

And He answered and said to them, “My mother and my brothers are these which hear the word of God, and do it.”

It's up to the individual to answer the spirit call but not up to us to judge another's walk.

1 Corinthians 6:1-6 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints (fellow believers)? Do you not know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world shall be judged by you (believers), are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know you not that we shall judge angels? How much more things that pertain to this life?
If then you have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church (the assembly, the called-out ones, His Body). I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brothers? But brother goes to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

2 Corinthians 12:21-13:2 And lest, when I come again, My God will humble me among you, and that I shall mourn many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed. This is the third time I am coming to you. “At the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every word established.” [Matthew 18:16, 1 Timothy 5:19, Hebrews 10:28-29, Deuteronomy 17:6, Deuteronomy 19:15]

I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I will not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others.
Not only Did Paul judge people’s walks, but gave them warnings as well. That is agape in action.

But for grace...but for grace and we don't realize how close to hell each and every one of us are.

1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed on me was not in vain (fruitless, pointless, powerless); but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Grace also means the blessing of obeying the Holy Spirit as He directs us, for He knows what pleases the Father and His Son. See Luke 24:49, John 7:37-39, John 14:26, Acts 1:4-5

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
In His temple here on earth, all are invited and we sit side-by-side.

His temple is the Body of Christ, His true believers, of which He is the head. The parable of the wheat and the tares (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-42) explains that the field represents the world and the things and ideas coming from it.

It's only a matter of a moment to accept.

Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Yet, He opens to the door to all His creation and He loves them no differently.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness to the judgment of the great day.

2 Peter 2:4-6 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved to judgment.

And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly.

And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example to those that after should live ungodly.

Isaiah 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring to all flesh.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Romans 9:11-13 For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calls. It was said to her, “The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, ‘Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.’” [Genesis 25:23, Malachi 1:2-3]

Believers should be painfully aware of their continuous wretchedness because He has the most mercy for the worst sinners.

Romans 9:15-16 For He said to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” [Exodus 33:19] So then it is not of Him that wills, nor of Him that runs, but of God that shows mercy.
Yes, but,

Romans 9:17-18 For the scripture said to Pharaoh, “Even for this same purpose have I raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth.” [Exodus 9:16] Therefore has He mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will He hardens.
...and...

1 Peter 2:10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
His blessing of mercy is for believers who stumble. Others are spare for a short while because they are instruments of His will. He has the last word, but His long-suffering (of things against His nature) should not be abused. Judgment is not forestalled indefinitely.

The worse off you are spiritually, the more mercy there is available.

1 Timothy 1:12-16 I [Paul] thank Christ Jesus our Lord who gives me strength, because he considered me to be faithful and chose me to serve, although I used to be a skeptic, a persecutor, and a bully. However, I received mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord overflowed for me with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
It is true to say, and this deserves to be fully accepted, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners — and I am the worst of them. The reason why I received mercy was so that in me, the worst of sinners, Jesus Christ could demonstrate all his patience, as an example for people who were going to believe in him for eternal life.
A babe in Christ could interpret your statement as “I am still a horrible sinner, so God will save me even to the day of my death, no matter what I do.” We are to transcend this, being reborn in spirit (John 3) and His Law written on our hearts (Ezekiel 11:19, Ezekiel 36:26, Jeremiah 24:7, Jeremiah 31:33, Romans 2:15, 2 Corinthians 3:3, Hebrews 8:10, Hebrews 10:16), as we yearn for and obey His will (Isaiah 51:7, Psalm 37:23, Psalm 37:31, Psalm 40:8, Psalm 119:11, Isaiah 51:1).

That should eternally humble all of us.

Humility (meekness) – the complete absence of self in all we think, say, or do. In the face of the entire nature and character of the Eternal Creator, we are but a spark and a speck of dust. That and Christ within keep me down as he works on and through me.

We're all brethern under His gift to the world...Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, Jew, Pagan, Wiccan, Baptist, Presbyterian, even satanist.

Isaiah 35:8 And a highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called “The way of holiness.” The unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter you in at the strait (narrow) gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.

John 10:1 Truly, truly, I say to you, He that enters not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 15:14-15 You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you. From now on I call you not servants; for the servant knows not what his lord does: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known to you.
What did Jesus command us to do? Deny self (give up everything), pick up your cross (sacrifice self—our will, the natural man), and follow Me (do as I say and do). See Matthew 10:38, Matthew 11:29, Matthew 16:24, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:27, John 21:19, 1 Corinthians 15:31, 1 John 2:6.

1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of God stays for ever.
I hate having to say this, but I feel blankness, a wall whenever I read your words. You hold too much of the world and its ideas within your soul, stifling your spirit and His connection to you. He cannot get through to you! It scares me, to be honest, and not much frightens me anymore. Please, I beg you in tears, strip your mind and heart naked and seek Him alone without any physical distractions. You are in danger and I suspect you already know this…

Iwanthealthyhair67

Nymphe

Amen!

Mark 3:31-35 There came then His brothers and His mother, and, standing without, sent to Him, calling Him. And the multitude sat about Him, and they said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers without seek for You.”

And He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” And He looked round about on them which sat about Him, and said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! For whoever shall do the will of God, the same is My brother, and M sister, and mother.”

Iwanthealthyhair67

I understand completely...obdedience is also key to this walk...

Thanks, she just doesn't want me getting into debates and stuff right now. I tried to explain to her, but she said to take it off because of some other reasons, and since she my mommy, I listen to what she says, cause she is usually right lol.