Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
So back to SM.

They lying. Come on!

I had this convo recently with @AgeinATL when I had first purchased this, it was the original formula. Bought 3 jars but took a while to go through them (at this time, I wasn't as heavy handed because I was relaxed). I went to look for them again and it was hard to find them.

I think earlier this year, my mother found some on clearance in cvs I believe but she is in Georgia. She sent me one (even though she asked if I wanted more) but I said no because I found it funny they were on clearance. When I got that jar, the color was the same but the texture changed and my scalp itched bad. That's when @AgeinATL initially told me there was some change.

I went in Marshall's a few weeks ago and saw it and rolled my eyes. Went back in last week and told myself not to be a hair guru and PJ, and just look at it. I opened it and it looked like regular conditioner. White and shiny and smooth. Even the coconut and hibiscus cowash is a bit dark in color considering it has Kaolin. There is no way a conditioner transforms overnight. I can understand Shea butter differences but this isn't a handmade product anymore.

There is no way it wasn't reformulated. I don't think that many people went crazy.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
We're approaching the time of year where every "action" counts with these vendors.

In the next few weeks they will all be competing for our Dollars and we as consumers need to spend wisely.

So, it's going to be up to these On-Line Vendors to make sure their Inventory is available, shipping rates are reasonable and discounts are on-point.

As we On-Liners begin to think about "Where and How" we spend our Dollars for Gray Thursday, BF and C-Monday only the ones the "come correct" will be successful.

Last edited:

AgeinATL

@Saludable84

I swear they tried to play us with the purification mask debacle. Don't insult my intelligence Shea Moisture. I honestly believe that it back fired because I don't know if anyone who likes the new formula. After what they pulled, I have been side eyeing them lately and looking for something to replace their masks just in case they try me again.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84

I swear they tried to play us with the purification mask debacle. Don't insult my intelligence Shea Moisture. I honestly believe that it back fired because I don't know if anyone who likes the new formula. After what they pulled, I have been side eyeing them lately and looking for something to replace their masks just in case they try me again.

They are my OTG brand but I have other stuff I can use.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
After the last email I got from NurCreations and then that pathetic sale, I'm not bothering with her. I have most of this stuff to make her stuff, so if it seems that good, I'll learn.

I'm on the fence about Siamese Twist because she played herself with that last sale too. That was clearance, that was not a sale.

Texture Me Natural.... she don't know how to reply to emails. I'm fine with waiting 2 days the most, but she is MIA. Her shipping and processing is good so I won't banish her.

Sarenzo could be better with how she comes off in an email, maybe get one of those books that teaches you how to phrase certain things, but she's not terrible. She can learn.

*I really wish not to see any gates this year*

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm on the fence about Siamese Twist because she played herself with that last sale too. That was clearance, that was not a sale. Texture Me Natural.... she don't know how to reply to emails. I'm fine with waiting 2 days the most, but she is MIA. Her shipping and processing is good so I won't banish her. Sarenzo could be better with how she comes off in an email, maybe get one of those books that teaches you how to phrase certain things, but she's not terrible. She can learn. *I really wish not to see any gates this year*

@Saludable84
Siamese Twists - She got me through last Fall/Winter with her incredible Sales...this year not so much. Don't know what's up with her.

TMN - Um..Yeah...Unless she is able to respond in a decent amount of time. I can't be bothered with that.

Sarenzo - Now I understand why her CS is lacking. Several people are probably responding to emails. So, the tone could be "off".

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@shawnyblazes
:goodpost:

Good Thread! Thanks for the "bump":up:

Read through it again today.:yep:

Saddens me that folks like Hairveda, Claudies, Darcy's and a few others have gone away.:cry3:

We didn't have a heads up regarding HV (which would have been nice).

I have a somewhat 'hefty' stash of HV - and Claudies. I still have a few DB Products and x1 16oz Pumpkin Seed DC.

Some "new" vendors have come on the scene. But the ones I mentioned were some of my tried & true.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@shawnyblazes
Honey Handmades did me wrong, wrong, wrong.:nono2:....

As for me, and my Stash, I wouldn't care if she was giving stuff away.:nono:

"Talk to The Hand":hand:.....:giggle:

I know folks still partake in her craft, but she left a bad taste in my mouth with all the outright lies and half-truths:barf:...:fistshake:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@shawnyblazes

I still have a major problem with the Outpriced/Overpriced "newbies". There's a somewhat 'new' vendor to me and I like her items okay.

However, what she gives in discounts, she makes up in extra added shipping costs which is so cost prohibitive for me to buy from her due to the fact most of her items are 4oz's.

I see she's taking "Pre-Orders" now which won't ship until March. #overit

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes

I still have a major problem with the Outpriced/Overpriced "newbies". There's a somewhat 'new' vendor to me and I like her items okay.

However, what she gives in discounts, she makes up in extra added shipping costs which is so cost prohibitive for me to buy from her due to the fact most of her items are 4oz's.

I see she's taking "Pre-Orders" now which won't ship until March. #overit

March???? WOW @IDareT'sHair

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes
What's your opinion on folks only offering discounts on "Bundles" these days?

IMO - it's annoying.:huh:

I rarely purchase bundles and when I do, I look for free shipping with the bundle. If I have to pay bundle price and shipping, whats the point??

I also don't like drop bundles where its like $50 and above. I understand your hustle but sometimes its not cost effective.

I remember I bought a skincare bundle and every item sucked for my face. Sat in my bathroom for months. I just threw it out a few weeks ago. SMH @IDareT'sHair