Are You About That Bun Life?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have a confession to make: I have been making this Marley bun without using any type of hair pins. I just attach it to my head, twist the hair up kinda tight, then wrap it around my bun. It just...stays. It even covers my plastic bun lol. I think I'm in love:love:. I wish I could find a way to do this bun and still be able to apply my X21.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have a confession to make: I have been making this Marley bun without using any type of hair pins. I just attach it to my head, twist the hair up kinda tight, then wrap it around my bun. It just...stays. It even covers my plastic bun lol. I think I'm in love:love:. I wish I could find a way to do this bun and still be able to apply my X21.
Girl be careful. You don't want to end up like me with your phony bun falling off at work:rofl::sekret:

Evolving78

I'll say this. I have a significant amount of breakage in my edges. I still have edges, it's just that some pieces are long while others are short and when I put my hair in a bun, that area hurts because those strands that are long enough to be in the bun are on there own with no support, if that makes sense. So I encourage switching up bun placement.
I have a side part and I don't pull the front of my hair straight to the back. It's in a swooping motion. This way, I don't add stress to my edges. I also put a little oil on them to keep them liberated. I wear scarves and hats all day.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have been lurking and realized that I never responded to the questions.

•Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, loced, or something I didn't mention? Natural

•Wet bun, damp bun, or dry bun? All 3, but wet is neatest

•What's the length of your hair? SL curly, about WL stretched

•Do you like to supplement your bun with a little extra?
(tracks, marley hair, braiding hair, etc.,)? No, I want to try

•Favorite tools to use (hair ties, combs, brushes, etc.,) Soft bristle board brush, puff cuff, elastic headbands and ties, ribbon elastic, hairpins

•How often do you switch position of your bun(s)? 1-2x a week

•What products do you use to whip that bun into shape? I am trying Eco Styler and wetline, but my hair is fighting back.

•Favorite go to bun style/last minute bun? Low bun

Last but not least, pictures are always welcomed. I'll find some to post.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have been lurking and realized that I never responded to the questions.

•Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, loced, or something I didn't mention? Natural

•Wet bun, damp bun, or dry bun? All 3, but wet is neatest

•What's the length of your hair? SL curly, about WL stretched

(tracks, marley hair, braiding hair, etc.,)? No, I want to try

•Favorite tools to use (hair ties, combs, brushes, etc.,) Soft bristle board brush, puff cuff, elastic headbands and ties, ribbon elastic, hairpins

•How often do you switch position of your bun(s)? 1-2x a week

•What products do you use to whip that bun into shape? I am trying Eco Styler and wetline, but my hair is fighting back.

•Favorite go to bun style/last minute bun? Low bun

Last but not least, pictures are always welcomed. I'll find some to post.
My natural hair always fought back :lachen:
I'll be waiting for those pictures :D:eyebrows2:

Beachy

Did y'all know my bun lasted darn near 2 weeks( I was sick for one of those weeks lol) Every couple of days, I'd wet my hands and smooth the stray pieces, then put a scarf on. I think my hair liked that little reprieve.

I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago when I was sick and my bun held up really good for 2 weeks. I decided to try this again, just for curiosity sake and a smidgen of convenience, today I took my bun down after 11 days. Again it held up really good. The only negative which isnt really a big deal for me is that it takes me longer to thoroughly finger detangle because there is more shed hair. I dont think it is something I will continue to do on a regular basis because my weekly routine has been successful for me but at least I know I have an option when times get desperate.

Evolving78

I'm still bunning. I touch my hair daily, and I wash it 2x a week. I couldn't get away with just leaving it up in a bun all week. I only use a comb on wash day. I do not comb my hair daily.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm not now, but hope to be in a few months. My answers are in bold

Hey ladies :wave:

I like buns and I cannot lie.

Tell me alll about your buns hun:laugh:
•Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, loced, or something I didn't mention?
Natural

•Wet bun, damp bun, or dry bun?
All of the above but mostly damp

•What's the length of your hair?
Just past shoulder length

(tracks, marley hair, braiding hair, etc.,)?
I plan on making a couple of marley hair buns and ponytails to go over my own hair because not all of it can actually fit in a bun

•Favorite tools to use (hair ties, combs, brushes, etc.,)
Black metal free elastics, scarf to lay down edges

•How often do you switch position of your bun(s)?
Daily

•What products do you use to whip that bun into shape?
Smooth N' Shine Curl Activator Gel
Ampro Curl Activator Gel
Lottabody Edge Control (the blue one)

•Favorite go to bun style/last minute bun?
I like a topknot bun or low bun in the back.

Last but not least, pictures are always welcomed:lol:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have been using the Eco Styler coconut to bun. It keeps my hair soft, but the hold also seems lighter than a 10, which makes my hair semi frizzy.

On another note though, I realized this week that I can now do a sleek low bun with the same technique I used for a high bun. I put one half of my hair in a low ponytail close to the back middle of my head first. Then, I take the remaining hair, and pull it towards the back middle to cover the part and the first ponytail, so it looks like one ponytail. Then, I bun.

I can hunt for the YouTube video that taught me this method.

Egyptjones

•Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, loced, or something I didn't mention?
Natural

•Wet bun, damp bun, or dry bun?
All the above

•What's the length of your hair?
Brastrap but I have lots of shrinkage

•Do you like to supplement your bun with a little extra? (tracks, marley hair, braiding hair, etc.,)?
Usually just my hair but sometimes I add Marley Hair

•Favorite tools to use (hair ties, combs, brushes, etc.,)
Scunci nylon ponytail holders
Tights cut up to make ponytail holders
Boar Bristle Brush

•How often do you switch position of your bun(s)?
Every week or two

•What products do you use to whip that bun into shape?
Argan or Clear Ecostyler

•Favorite go to bun style/last minute bun?
See photos but my fave is the top bun because I don't have to worry about my jackets rubbing my bun

Attachments

• 20170214_115048.jpg
    20170214_115048.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 20161220_111837.jpg
    20161220_111837.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 77
  • 20160403_165550.jpg
    20160403_165550.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73