Are you wearing anything in your hair this summer?

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Okay, the church sister was wrong for the "multitude of sins" comment.

I wear real flowers all the time in the summer for special occassion or if I just want to extra cute for the mister. They bring that bun he's been looking @ for the last 365 days to life!!!

I do plan to get a few fakes to perk me up for work. I couldn't get that flower to hold all the stress my big hair put on the Pookey Puff Holder, so I'm going to have to find some other way to get them to stay in place. Girl, that flower flew across the room when I released it. My, oh my!
It was like a sling shot!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...ya'll gon have to QUIT! I am snortin and chokin over here! I think I am going to hot glue my flower to the big button on my puff holder. That should make it stay...I have to make sure I glue it good...so I dont put anybody's eye OUT! I am glad you tried the puff holder too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm for real, girl. And I have to release the tension super slowly when I wear the one w/the button. I took it off one time and it hit my shoulder so hard I thought I had broken the skin!
I would wear it more often but my head is too big.
My head hurts after awhile and it's not as cute as yours, my hair is too big too. I didn't buy the Goodie one's and mine are satin covered so I think they slip more. I still have to pin it up so that I don't look crazy, b/c my hair shows all of it's thickness in these braid outs.
I'll take pics soon.

I'm going to sew flowers on the headbands though and just wear them like that, I'll also try the glue gun on a hair pin too.

There's this great store in Manhattan called PurtyGirl or PartyGirl... can't recall. Anyhoo for all you NYC ladies they have really cute hair accessories (cute clothes too
).

pookeylou

That sounds like it is going to be cute!

Yeah...dont wear anything too tight...being cute aint worth a headache!

Isis

As I mentioned on another thread, I recently bought two more 21" silk scarves from www.tenderheaded.com to wear when I'm out and about. They look cute too and really protected my braidout today when it was so windy outside. I'm going to wear them under my bicycle helmet too.
I also bought some pretty silk ribbons in the past from the same place and I've been playing around with them. I wore a very pretty flower yesterday from a dollar store - on my right side. I didn't know there was a difference in meaning, until now. Thanks Pookeylou! I have real flowers growing too but I hate to cut them just to put in my hair. But fresh flowers sure are nice.

Lorraine

I love headbands. It makes my wash and go look a bit more manageable for work as well. I bought five new ones last week in different colors. The thick ones look best as the thin ones got lost in all my hair.

The flower idea is tempting...

Isis

I too bought some thin satin headbands from Claire's. You're right, LorraineG, the thin ones did get lost in my hair. I may wear two at a time, we'll see.

greAtness333

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
Glad you're feeling so confident. But um, [ QUOTE ]
"Ooooh beautiful flower! Isnt amazing how a little decoration can cover a lot of sins!?"

[/ QUOTE ] That was just evil.
You should've responded: "Pity. All the adornment in the world can't camouflage the ugliness in your back-handed compliment"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Word up!

pookeylou

Ok...I hate to put people on front street...:)

But I saw the pics of Jennifers hair with the flower...

Breathtaking....

That is all I can say.

J

JenniferMD

Thanks Pookeylou, I didn't have a glue gun so I sewed the flower to a bobbypin and placed the flower on the side of my hair with the updo. I didn't get the chance to wear the flower outside because my flat twist didn't come out right. It wasn't dry all the way so I managed to get a decent picture but then I put my hair in a bun and went about my day. I'll definitely be trying the flower again though. Thanks for encouraging me to try it out!

garr6982

Pookeylou: You know this look is going to take off for the summer right? So come up with a name for it because you started it
! I wear buns when not braided and I have been thinking of a way to doozie the bun up. The flowers will do nicely. I think I will buy those little combs you can get at the fabric stores and sew the flowers in and just stick them in my hair next to the bun. I may even use the hot glue gun depending on how big/wide the flower is. Thanks for the idea
!

Sengschick: I was dying when I read your post. Gurl you know I can relate! My hair is texturized so it still has a lot of it's natural thickness. Why have I broken every banana clip (big or small) that I own when I call myself doing a french roll???? Maybe I'm not doing something right
!

JenniferMD: The flower in your hair is simply beautiful
!

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I too bought some thin satin headbands from Claire's. You're right, LorraineG, the thin ones did get lost in my hair. I may wear two at a time, we'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a few of the really thin ones and i do have to wear them 2 at a time. Otherwise my hair would just push them off my head, especially the closer i get to touchup
-- jainygirl

J

JenniferMD

Pookeylou really started something with that beatuiful flower of hers.

Thanks garr6982 for the compliment, I can't wait until I try the flower again.

pookeylou

[ QUOTE ]
garr6982 said:
Pookeylou: You know this look is going to take off for the summer right? So come up with a name for it because you started it
! I wear buns when not braided and I have been thinking of a way to doozie the bun up. The flowers will do nicely. I think I will buy those little combs you can get at the fabric stores and sew the flowers in and just stick them in my hair next to the bun. I may even use the hot glue gun depending on how big/wide the flower is. Thanks for the idea
!

Sengschick: I was dying when I read your post. Gurl you know I can relate! My hair is texturized so it still has a lot of it's natural thickness. Why have I broken every banana clip (big or small) that I own when I call myself doing a french roll???? Maybe I'm not doing something right
!

JenniferMD: The flower in your hair is simply beautiful
!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dannnng...ya'll get more and more creative each time! I forgot about those hair combs that brides use in their hair! What an excellent thing to put a flower on. I like that even BETTER!

I think I have an old comb too!

dreemssold

Pookeylou, I bought these flower pins for like $3 from H&M a few months ago, but I never wore them until recently, because it didn't seem right wearing them with sweaters :-\. Anyway, lately, I have been wearing my hair in a side bun with one pin on top and another on the bottom. Another thing I use are these flower ponytail holders from Banana Republic--I put my hair in two buns (one on each side) and secure with pins. I'd like to get a few more of them, because they come in so many gorgeous colors, but they're too high...darned Banana
, lol.

bellydancer

i'm going back to wearing those hair sticks i wore all the time in the 8th grade. Bodicea got me back into them. Since I'm wearing a bun the whole summer i'll dress it up a little with some hair sticks.