Are you working ?

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
January 05, 2010

Are You Working?
Dr. Tara Jenkins
"Are you working?" is a question that is often asked when someone wants to know whether or not a person currently has a paying job or not. However, today I want you to ponder this question as a reflection of whether or not you are functioning and flowing in the purpose and plan for which you were created.

Think about this...If you flip up the light switch and the light bulb burns out, it is then no longer working. If you get in your car and it will not start, that car is not working. If a vending machine takes your quarters, dimes and dollars; but does not give you back your soda or snack, the machine is not working!

When anything we encounter is not doing exactly what we bought it to do or what we expect it to do, we get frustrated because it is not working. Well, are you frustrating God by not doing exactly what He intended you to do when He created you? Are you working according to what He had in mind for your life?

John 9:4 says, "I must work the works of Him who sent me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work." Take time today to ask yourself, "Whose work have I been working?"

If you've been working your own works and creating your own to-do list, ask God to shake everything off of your list that does not line up with His list. No matter how old you are, or how many years you've had the same new year's resolution, it's never too late to start following God's agenda for your life. Work the works of Him!

While 'working' can be defined as being actively engaged in paid work; 'working' is moreover defined as performing an intended purpose. You've been given a unique combination of gifts, talents and abilities along with a one-of-a-kind personality. This combination was not by accident, but everything that you have within you, as well as everything that you have experienced, was for God's purposes! Romans 8:28 states, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Perhaps you have been unclear about your purpose. Trace your passions and pet peeves and they will lead you to your purpose. Purpose is often attached to your ability to provide a solution to problems and issues that prick your heart. The abused become advocates. Former victims help others gain victory. Those once chained become champions for a cause.
Take time to do an honest evaluation of whether or not you are or have been working. If you realize that you are not functioning in the role God intended for you, this is the season to start aligning your life with God's perfect will!

You are a rarity. Now pray for God to give you clarity about how He wants to use your rarity.
Allow God to use you during this season of your life, then when you are asked, "Are you working?" the answer will be obvious. Now is the moment. This is the year! 2010 is the perfect time to start working.