Argan Lightening Hair?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Moroccan Argan Oil Lightens Hair?

Hey Ladies!

I have natural 4b/c hair. I am also an avid Argan oil user. I use Argan daily undiluted at night before bed and in all my concoctions.

Anyway, one day I was at the BSS store, I ran into another natural and we started talking about our regimens. Anyway, I asked about her color. It was a medium brown. She said she didn't color BUT for the 2 years she's been using AO, that it's been lightening her hair. She claimed that's all she uses on it besides a deep condition and no-poo regimen. She also knew several other long-term users who's hair have visibly lightened. I thought, well whatever...

Well, here I am almost 5 months down the line and I swear my hair is half to a full shade lighter. It was orginally jet black and 1b (In weave color terms (lol)) in some areas. Now it's all a bit lighter than 1b! In full sun it even has a barely noticeable reddish/copper tone. It's somewhere between milk & dark chocolate with a hint of red (barely).

Interesting! I'm going to henna my hair anyway when it arrives as I want to strengthen and cover these dern grays :lachen:, but still. I like!

Anyone else notice natural color lightening with Argan or any other natural product?

Last edited:

BlackHairDiva

I started using argan oil and I cannot help but ask myself some questions... Does argan oil leave a smell in the hair after a day or 2 ???

I love how it moiturizes but Im not sure i can wear it too long.