As I Am's New Long & Luxe Line

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
It looks like Dr. Syed is introducing a new line called Long & Luxe. The ad keeps stalking me on IG. I'll probably pick up the Growash, which is a cleansing conditioner.

It appears that caffeine is in all the products.

Has anyone used caffeine on their scalp? If so, what were the results?

http://www.asiamnaturally.com/long-and-luxe.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-28-13-19-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-28-13-19-57.png
    721.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

nymane

It looks like Dr. Syed is introducing a new line called Long & Luxe. The ad keeps stalking me on IG. I'll probably pick up the Growash, which is a cleansing conditioner.

It appears that caffeine is in all the products.

Has anyone used caffeine on their scalp? If so, what were the results?

http://www.asiamnaturally.com/long-and-luxe.html

Dr. Ali N. Syed? As in the master chemist, President of Avlon? I'm so late....

I had no clue that he developed As I Am products! I'll be watching this thread closely :yep:

maxineshaw

I was just thinking it has been almost ten years since my big chop and I am so lost with all these new lines for natural hair. Now here comes another. It's darn near impossible to keep up (maybe it's because I am waaaaayyyy past my product junkie days). Le sigh

I have been using the double butter moisturizer with excellent results. That smoothie looks really interesting and it doesn't cost as much as the double butter for a 16 oz size.

Ingredients for the double butter moisturizer:

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) ¹ and Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla) ¹ and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹ and Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root¹, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)¹, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil¹, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (CocoaButter)¹, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil¹, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil¹, Glycerin¹, Lanolin¹, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹ , Beeswax¹, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil¹, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein², Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil2, Carbomer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene. Source: 1-Natural; 2-Wheat derived

Ingredients for the long & luxe curl enhancing smoothie:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Punica Granatum Fruit Juice*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Maltodextrin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Cera Alba/Bees Wax/Cire d'abeilla, Polysorbate 60, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Juice, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract*, Betaine, Niacinamide, Caffeine, Biotin, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Beetroot Red, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethanolamine, Silica, Citric Acid, Caprylic Acid, Red 33/CI17200, Polyacrylamide, Carbomer, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Glyoxylic Acid, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

The smoothie seems to be more cream less butter, kind of the difference between BRBC and AOHC. I'm a little curious as to how they can call it the exact same name of the Shea Moisture product though...

I already bought something to replace the double butter but I will be keeping my eye out for reviews. If one of you wants to try it, "@" me. I will be forever grateful. :rose:

HappilyLiberal

I just discovered this line... I bought the shampoo, conditioner, co wash, leave-in, and scalp serum (because my scalp is always itchy so I thought this might help--it did!). Tomorrow, I will do a full wash and deep conditioner with the conditioner. Then on Sunday I will co-wash. I plan to co-wash every other day for a month because I have been really neglecting my hair. I will report back on Sunday after I do a wash n go!

HappilyLiberal

Ok... I have used the shampoo and conditioner... then the next day I did a co-wash with the gro-wash conditioner. So far I am not liking this product. I don't think it moisturizes my hair well at all. Now, out-of fairness, I probably should have used a chelating shampoo the get all of the built up product out, so I will do that next weekend a see if it turns out any better.

Last edited:

cocopuff

I saw this line of products in the store yesterday but did not buy anything- I bought enough during Cyber Monday and I still haven't received all of my products yet.

Alma Petra

I am loving the Growash really really much. I'm finding that it has amazing slip for finger detangling. It has enough cleansing power for when I have buildup and yet it does not dry my hair out.
I used the original cowash more than a year ago and I am loving this one more. I don't remember what exactly the original cowash felt like but this one impressed me more. I think it's the increased slip and better handling of buildup.

HappilyLiberal

Ok... I have used the shampoo and conditioner... then the next day I did a co-wash with the gro-wash conditioner. So far I am not liking this product. I don't think it moisturizes my hair well at all. Now, out-of fairness, I probably should have used a chelating shampoo the get all of the built up product out, so I will do that next weekend a see if it turns out any better.

Yep, I still hate it... I am going to have to do some mixing to get rid of it.

Alma Petra

I also bought the scalp serum from this like. Jot that I have hopes for it to grow my bald areas but I love applying it and rubbing in it whenever I remember to. The smell kind of grew on me.