At my wits end! ( mini rant)

S.O.S.

Ladies, I feel so defeated right now. It seems like no matter what I do my hair some how rebels against me. I just discovered that I have a bald spot in the left upper corner of my head. To give you a visual. It looks like I got in a fight and someone pulled my braids out and its starting to grow back so its peach fuzz in that area. It's about the size of a silver dollar an noticable when I pull my hair up. I haven't noticed it because I usually wear low buns and ponytails but how could I have missed this!! I haven't noticed any more breakage then I usually get as a matter of fact the rest of my hair seemed to be thriving. It always seems like I have the hardest time with the left side of my head when it comes to growing to hair its always the shortest and prone to breakage. I honestly dont know how this could have happened. The lady that usually does my hair mentioned a while back that I need to stop wearing ponytails and pulling my hair so tight because it was breaking my hair off but the thing is I dont do neither and truth is my hair is extra fine and then at the nape I think it may be hereditary because my mom's hair is the same at the nape. I usually protecting style by braiding the length of my hair and pinning it up with a flexi 8 clip or I bun with no ponytail holder. I am really low-no maintance when it comes to my hair. My Regimen is wash and deep condition weekly and moisturize evey two days or daily depending on how my hair is styled. My stylist uses Design Essentials Lo-Lye Relaxer. I relax evey 8 weeks because my hair is fine and thin and anything beyond that is asking for trouble. For bedtime I usually wrap my head with a scarf and put a bonnet on top. I dont tie my scarf I just tuck the ends. It's times like this that I really want to shave my head and:cry: start over. Hair Problem 004.jpg

Hair Problem 002.jpg

Last edited:

RavenMaven

I use a mix of Boundless Tresses, MTG, and Lenzi's Request to grow my hair. Any of the three will help you grow your bald spot back. I would consider not getting a relaxer for a while.

Neith

I'm in a similar situation...

I didn't even notice the damage until a few days ago. I thought my hair was thriving too.

Don't give up!

Now that you know your "weak spot" do everything you can to give a little extra to that area.

I now use MN, Aloe Vera Gel and I moisturize and oil my weak spots 2x a day. I stopped doing everything that may have put me in this situation.

If most of your hair is healthy, then you are definitely doing something right. You just need some tweaks in your regimen.

supermodelsonya

Try a growth aide to see if that works. My sister had that problem for years with her nape. She's just starting to grow it in now.

(for some reason, she neglected it a little by tying scarfs too tight in that area, not moisturizing it, etc.)

Kikootie

I don't mean to scare you but if the spot is clean bald, are you sure it isn't a ringworm, thyroid problem, or stress? Are you going to post a picture.

gorgeous86

I don't have anything to add because your regimen sounds pretty good to me. Do you think that the bald spot could be due to something medical? Have you been doing anything differently?

S.O.S.

Thanks for all the help. No I haven't done anything differently. I don't think it is a ringworm or anything theres no crust or itching. I don't know how it could have happened without it hurting. Hmmm could possibly be medical problem but I haven't been under to much other than the usual stress. I will post a picture if I can get a good shot. Thanks for all the help ladies. I've been working so hard to grow my hair and to discover this is just so ... discouraging.

Keshieshimmer

I'm so sorry. I can only suggest to try a growth aid and massage that area. Does your hair like oils? Maybe you can apply castor oil in that spot.