Ateevya from youtube.

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'

Mrs. N Lugo

I think she has healthy bouncy hair. I started using Paul MITCHELL skinny serum because of her old hair videos. No her length isn't great but long stiff hair ain't cute to me. I took some of her product tips for bouncy hair and I take tips from others for length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

For all the people who are saying she's the same length for however long, for the billionth time, she's said she cuts her hair because she likes the volume and body she gets from her short cuts. NOT EVERYONE WANTS LONG HAIR, GET OVER IT. I swear, I mean, hair is big deal to me but it's not the be all and end all and I would never not take advice from someone if it sounds solid just because of the length of their hair - as long as it looks good, I'm all for tips. I wouldn't follow everything she does, my hair can't handle the triple heat she does (blowdry, flat iron, curling iron) but she DID give me good, sound advice. She's the one that introduced me and a lot of others to Aphogee and protein balance within hair. Gosh, y'all act like if someone has butt length hair they can preach the gospel.

I remember she had a relaxer update video where her hair was almost if not Bsl, but she cut it for the same reason you stated above. Everyone don't have the same head of hair. If excessive heat works for her, so be it. Her hair is beautiful and full of body.

BronzyBella

I haven't watched a vid of hers for years. Off to see what she's up to.

ETA: Looks like she's doing well for herself - many hustles. The faith-inspired shirts she's pushing are pretty cute.

The only hair vids I subscribe to these days are naturals who do tutorials.

Last edited:

Royalq

Ateyaaa introduced me to aphogee too back when i was relaxed, and its still a staple for me. i just dont watch her anymore because im not relaxed and im not interested in wigs and weaves.

ms.blue

For all the people who are saying she's the same length for however long, for the billionth time, she's said she cuts her hair because she likes the volume and body she gets from her short cuts. NOT EVERYONE WANTS LONG HAIR, GET OVER IT. I swear, I mean, hair is big deal to me but it's not the be all and end all and I would never not take advice from someone if it sounds solid just because of the length of their hair - as long as it looks good, I'm all for tips. I wouldn't follow everything she does, my hair can't handle the triple heat she does (blowdry, flat iron, curling iron) but she DID give me good, sound advice. She's the one that introduced me and a lot of others to Aphogee and protein balance within hair. Gosh, y'all act like if someone has butt length hair they can preach the gospel.

Aireen, I agree with you 100%. Ateyaa hair is beautiful to me and beautiful swaying hair is always nicer than hair that it long but stringy and lifeless.

ProtectiveStyling

I remember she had a relaxer update video where her hair was almost if not Bsl, but she cut it for the same reason you stated above. Everyone don't have the same head of hair. If excessive heat works for her, so be it. Her hair is beautiful and full of body.

Okayyyyy! Her hair is so lovely. She states numerous times how she stay trimming/ cutting. Her hair is healthy, thick, and even. She controls her length, its not breaking off.

LadyRaider

Ateyaaa is the first "guru" I found. She changed my hair life and lead me here and other "gurus." She's a great place to start. Aphogee is good stuff. Just don't use it all the time because it is protein, protein, protein. I read once that if you are going to err, err on the side of moisture.

toistory

Yea I don't remember this either...

Honestly OP she does have some good parts of her regimen which is a great way to start, but I discovered Aphogee on my own just by reading and doing research and that product alone can be a miracle for women with relaxers who don't know anything about protein/moisture balance. But outside of that...:nono: I guess her hair just needs a lot of protein bc I've never heard or seen anyone thats used/followed her regimen and ended up with nice bouncy healthy shoulder length hair. It always ended up looking like it was weighed down and slick. I think like someone mentioned above she receives a lot of sponsorship now so I seriously doubt that she lists all of the products that she really uses to keep her hair as healthy as it looks.

btw for the record that was disgruntled shade towards ateevya not the op

I don't have enough time in my day to flip through all of her videos to prove what I saw. All I'm saying is that if she decides to use an extensive amount of heat in her, that's her business. Instead of quickly jumping on what she's doing wrong, take the good things from her regimen and keep it moving. Obviously she doesn't have an issue with it and I don't see why it should bother any of us. I am not my hair, and there's more to all of us than just hair. When I join this board it was to get great advice from other ladies, but some of the women on here can take this hair thing too serious. Hair care should be fun and no one should be afraid to start a post without someone being judgemental.

RocStar

I don't have enough time in my day to flip through all of her videos to prove what I saw. All I'm saying is that if she decides to use an extensive amount of heat in her, that's her business. Instead of quickly jumping on what she's doing wrong, take the good things from her regimen and keep it moving.

Like what?? :look::look:

(rhetorical question, no need to answer)

Hair care should be fun and no one should be afraid to start a post without someone being judgemental.

And no one should start a post and not think other people may have differing opinions.

BostonMaria

LMAO oh here we go again

I think her videos are good if you're into weaves and wigs. If you're trying to grow your hair long then there are other you tubers I can recommend.

Sent from my iPhone 10 using LHCF

bunnie82

I guess some people never grow up. Smh... Ignorance is bliss.

proudmommyoftwo0911

eh...okkkaaaayyyy....

in all seriousness, i just don't agree with you....a lot of ppl don't....check out the other Ateeya threads...
we can agree to disagree, that's the beauty of being an individual. Nothing ignorant about that....and if you were referring to my gif, I'm just having a little fun before this thread gets poofed.

Like the other poster said, shes good for her wig/weave vids, but not for hair growth..and especially not a newbie....

k? okay!:spinning:

Mahogony7

Op, I know that you are new and have tons of questions as do I and many other newbies. I think that the search tool will be your best friend. I politely suggest doing a thorough search before starting any thread especially those involving Guru's. There are some topics on lchf have the potential to go off the deep end. I know that this was not your intention, but this is just how things happen here sometimes. However, there is a wealth of information on this site to be shared. Just remember to utilize the search tool before posting just because numerous threads may already exist on the topic you are interested in.

BraunSugar

I lub y'all. You never fail to deliver LOL.

I have to be honest...

I did not become familiar with Ateeyaa til after I developed my own "healthy hair care" practices while I was relaxed.

I started using lots of protein in my reggie trying to compensate for the fact that I was relaxing from root to tip every 6 weeks, blow drying my hair on high heat, flat ironing on the highest setting (2-3 times a week o_0), combing with a fine toothed comb daily, and wrapping my hair in a cotton scarf. I managed to get from neck length to CBL in a little over a year by the grace of God. I thought I was doing something too. My hair was "long" to me and people cosigned LOL. It had shine (lot of petroleum & mineral oil based products), and swing to it.

When I combed my hair, there was hair all over the sink and my shirt. Little broken hairs. I also noticed that my hair lacked body. That's when I decided to go natural.

I'm not blaming relaxers for all of my troubles. It was bad hair care practices. I never realized my hair's full potential until I cut the damage away and let it grow back. I have also learned a lot about relaxed hair and if I ever decided to relax, I could have a head of healthy relaxed hair.

Length, shine, bounce, swing aren't things that equate to healthy hair. You can have those things and still have a messed up head of hair. It is very true that there are many people who just don't want long hair. Even without wanting length, I wonder if she maybe used less heat & less manipulation, just how much healthier her hair would be. I don't know what condition it is because it's not on my head, but I bet it would look even more thicker and lush if she scaled back some.

OP, you just do what work for you! If some of her techniques made you hair thrive then go back to them! :)

Anne26

panda
I don't think she wants long hair because once I saw her cut her weave saying she doesn't like it too long (she cut it to APL I think).

I don't watch her these days (don't know her routine), but I've seen a lot of her wig videos, and they're nice.