Atlanta Church For 20s-30s Age Range?

ThePerfectScore

I'm 27, and I'm looking for a Church home in the Atlanta area. I am open to driving for a good message and fellowship, so location isn't really an issue. I'm more so looking for a certain demographic...

I'd like to be surrounded by like minded individuals who are in my age range. I know that people of all ages are members of a well-rounded church, but I have visited places where the majority of the member population are more my parent's age. I'd like to see a strong active presence for those in their 20s-30s.

I'd like for the pastor and church leaders to have a real grasp not only on pop culture, but how today's digital age has really changed things for Christians such as dating, politics, etc. In essence I'd want the Pastor to know that Future is a rapper and not just a period of time. I'd even like pop culture references to be a part of service. I'd like church leadership to not be out of touch.

I'm prefer a black or mixed church.

In terms of doctrine, I'd like a more open-minded Church. I'm not really into fire and brimestone type of delivery. I'd want to be in an environment that if I invited my gay and lesbian friends to service they won't feel attacked.

I would feel very comfortable in a large church. Even a mega church is fine as long as the church is really giving back to the community. Volunteerism and opportunities to do community outreach are really important to me.

This might be controversial, but I'm looking for a church that has well to-do professional black people and families. I'd like to feel surrounded by people who are successful. I'd like to be around people I can look up to and be inspired by. I want people who are proven examples that faith in God and discipline have allowed them to reap blessings. I'm not looking for church to be a status symbol by any means, but I do want to be in an environment where people are doing well for themselves just as a reminder that you don't have to sell your soul to be successful, and that faith and economic prosperity can go hand in hand.

Any suggestions of churches I should visit?

Thanks

Last edited:

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Edited: Cuz you truly caught me off guard

Do you want the Church or do you want a lifestyle that caters to whims or doesn't actually preach the gospel of Christ which, btw, has not changed in 2,000 years? Jesus welcomed rich and poor. The truth is eternal and real wealth is spiritual. You want to serve the community and give back to the lesser but you do not want to sit next to them on level ground? Why not seek out any church with good young adult groups and has a well-balanced demographic of all types of people of the body of Christ, just like the real world around us? I want to ask you, OP, if you grew up in such an environment or are you looking to be inspired to attain that wealth? Some of the most humble people are the wealthiest. It's all a matter of your heart and vision. Abundance comes from heaven, this is true but it's not always counted in denominations.

http://www.yelp.com/topic/atlanta-most-diverse-churches-in-atlanta-in-the-city

Or try city-data.com for your city and inquire. There's lots of information in that forum about all sorts of things in cities. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

felic1

I thought that this post was a little unusual. I can see hoping for a church with some young people to fellowship with. The best church is one where the word goes forth and a person can be fed to grown in the ways and life of God. Is the digital link related to receiving information regarding church activities. Hopefully God places us in a church.

futureapl

I visited Gathering Oasis when I took a trip to Georgia and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure what you mean by open minded. It definitely does not teach that homosexuality is okay. I don't think that any true Christian church would teach that. It's a diverse church and the teachings are based on the Bible.

momi

A healthy church will be one with active members of all ages. Fellowshipping and making connections with people in your own age group is definitely beneficial and I completely understand that, but the body of Christ is made up of people of all ages and in different stages of life. Otherwise it's like a group of 2 year olds trying to cross the street together.

An example that comes to mind is the Phillipian church - there you had Lydia who was single and very wealthy, the jailer and his family - married and more than likely middle class, and the poor slave girl who were all a part of the same fellowship.