Atten: Soliciting and active links on this site...

pebbles

To all our members:

Effective immediately, live links to other hair care sites in posts, or member's signatures, are no longer permitted. You are free to name a site and provide their web address when providing hair or product information in a post, but constant active links to other businesses or haircare websites cannot be displayed in your profile. Active links to online hair photo albums are fine, as long as there's no reference to your personal business on it.

Also, solicitations of ANY type are strictly prohibited on this forum. Any such posts or private messages will also be deleted and user accounts are subject to be closed. If the problem persists, your IP adddress will be blocked and you will no longer have access to this site. If you wish to promote your business in any way, whether it's to ask for advice or ask people to participate in polls or research of any kind, you must be a sponsor of this site; there are no exceptions.

Administrators and moderators will be strictly enforcing these rules, and we anticipate the cooperation of all our members.

Thank-you.

Faith

So, are we allowed to reply with the active link in the message or no active links at any time? TIA

pebbles

It depends.

If you want to provide a link to an online store in a post, such as Sally's, a vitamin shop, an article, or something of the sort, that's fine. What you can't have are active links in a post that lead to other hair care forums, like naturallycurly, or relaxedhaircare, or longhaircarelovers, etc. You can name the site, but there can't be a link going to that forum.

There have been members who have had links to other forums or shops in their signatures as well, and that's no longer permitted.

HTH

Nessa

Ooopsssss, pebbles, I just finished reading this, and there is a post, on the crown and glory method, and i just posted the site, and i have been doing alot of this, just posting websites, i am sorry, I don't want to be banned, but have it gotten to the point we must sponser this site, for more people to come?

pebbles

LOL, you won't be banned.
Now you know you can't post active links to other haircare sites.

G

So as far as solicitation is concerned, does that mean that we can no longer sell our stuff on the product exchange board?
Also, you said PM's will be deleted... does that mean our private messages aren't really private?
Who exactly is reading them?

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said:
So as far as solicitation is concerned, does that mean that we can no longer sell our stuff on the product exchange board?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we don't consider that a business, you're just exchanging a product with another member. To the best of my knowledge, none of the people exchanging products has a store their selling their items from, but if such a thing is taking place, please let me know.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you said PM's will be deleted... does that mean our private messages aren't really private?
Who exactly is reading them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Members of this forum, as well as members of the administration, have received messages from people signing up on this forum and sending private messages for us to participate/join other forums, participate in research, etc. We've been notified of this by some of our members. The accounts of those people sending the messages are the ones that get deleted, and in the process, their pm's will disappear as well. It's not right for anyone to come here and solicit our members in such a way. Yes, there is a huge potential client base here, but to take advantage of it in such a way is dishonest. We've had to grow without going to other forums and trying to draft members to seek help, so other forums/businesses should do the same as well. Your pm's are safe, no-one is reading them other than yourself.

Nessa

whoo, i just wanted to know also, i was about to ask that but it seems that CAramela said that. I am glad, we have our own private stuff.