Attention Carol's Daughter hair Butter users

plzgrow

I've seen so much raves on Carol's Daughter hair products that I wanted to purchase some, but I didn't want to become a product junkie who merely brought products on raves and reviews and wanted to look at the ingredients before I purchased it.

Carol's Daughter hair butter Ingredients:

olive oil infused with sage & lavender, water, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, essential oils of lavender, rosemary, lemongrass, ylang-ylang, patchouli and sweet orange and sodium borate [mineral emulsifier]

After reading so many post about how fillers such as beeswax, petrochemicals (such as petroleum jelly or mineral oil) or alcohol damage and clog the hair. I was wondering what made Carol's hair butter so diffrent? :confused:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
plzgrow said:
I've seen so much raves on Carol's Daughter hair products that I wanted to purchase some, but I didn't want to become a product junkie who merely brought products on raves and reviews and wanted to look at the ingredients before I purchased it.

Carol's Daughter hair butter Ingredients:

olive oil infused with sage & lavender, water, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, essential oils of lavender, rosemary, lemongrass, ylang-ylang, patchouli and sweet orange and sodium borate [mineral emulsifier]

After reading so many post about how fillers such as beeswax, petrochemicals (such as petroleum jelly or mineral oil) or alcohol damage and clog the hair. I was wondering what made Carol's hair butter so diffrent? :confused:

I'm gonna try and take a crack at this one....

I don't claim to know everything, but I lurked for a good while and actually "studied" up on these different ingredients

I've learned that most ladies use CDHHB while stretching relaxers to aid in smoothing into buns and ponytails. At the same time it moisturizes and softens. Others use it as a moisturizer. This all goes back to knowing your hair and what it can and can't handle.

Now, generally, when we are stretching we are washing frequently as well. The thing to remember about these particular "bad" ingredients is that they actually do something good if used correctly. They act as sealants in some cases. Now, take a look at the order of ingredients. It is the No. 1 ingredient. The No. 1 ingredient always indicates the base of the product. Basically, it is the ingredient that the product contains more of than any of the other ingredients.

I'm a person who doesn't want these kind of ingredients as a base in my products. Particularly in my lotion/cream moisturizers.

They weigh my hair down and with daily use(no frequent washings) they actually dry my hair out. I believe the beeswax as well as the shea and cocoa butters are serving as the "solidifiers" or (emullients) of the product. Hence the name: Butter

You basically have to be careful when using products with petro, mineral oil, lanolin, etc. They sit on your hair and don't penetrate the follicle. They seal.

Waxes/emullients aren't as prevalent in products as the others listed because of it's solidifying properties. They also moisturize so they aren't our main enemy.

It all boils down to how you use them and to what extent.

Check out this link I found: Beeswax and Other Ingredients

HTH-

~op~

If I am wrong, someone please correct me....thanks!

Pookie25

I have learned not to stop using ingredients just because the ingredients are suppose to be bad. I recently discovered that the best moisturizer that work on my hair compared to all the many products I've tried has petroleum in it. I think you should give it a try and if your hair likes it then who cares what the ingredients say in it.