Attention: Ohio ladies!!!!

Mahalialee4

I have a friend planning a business trip to Columbus, Ohio and would like a headsup on the black white relations atmosphere, and to find out if there are any Dominican Hair Salons there or best places to shop for hair products and to get your hair "did". Hoping that it will be possible for my friend to pick up some good hair products because it is so expensive to order from here. Tell me the lowdown. Is is safe to walk around alone and shop? what areas to avoid etc. Bonjour

I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio but did spend a ton of weekends this past summer in Columbus. I love it!!! I think Columbus is a very nice area, Black Enterprise Magazine rated it one of the top places for professional blacks. There is also good shopping there, a lot of really nice malls. I would especially suggest checking out Easton. Polaris and Tuttle are other nice malls. Those are all nice areas of town also.

I've never gotten my hair done there or looked for Dominican products so I can't really speak on that. Hopefully one of the Columbus ladies can give you some more info. though.

I asked a friend for the name of any other malls:

He said City Center (I've been there it's downtown) and Eastland.

And he said most of the north side of Columbus is pretty nice. HTH.

I live in Cleveland, but I've spent a bit of time in Columbus. It is a fine city. Nothing to worry about. I've only shopped at Easton, but I liked it. I heard Polaris Parkway is where the new big shopping development is, but I could be wrong.

Isn't Pookeylou from Columbus? She could answer the questions about where to go for hair related things. I can't though, because I've never had to look for anything like that there.

Back