ATTN TEXLAXERS & TEXTURIZERS...

I have a few questions for you to answer about texlaxing/texturizing.

What is your natural hair type(s) ( give the type or describe it)?

What brand of relaxer/softner/texturizer you use ( ORS, JFM...)?

How long do you leave in the relaxer/softner/texturizer (including application time) ?

Do you comb through? Or do you have any specific technique?

What is the texture/type of your hair after texlaxation :) is over?

Thank you soooooooooo much. Sorry if there is any other thread like this, I just wanted these specific questions answered. IF there is a thread specifically like this, please point me in the right direction.
OOoo and post pictures if you aren't feeling lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzay :grin::grin::grin:

Thanks ladiessssssss
<333333

eajaye2u

4b
JAEL (bubblebiz.com)
20-25 mins

Apply CSI all over first and let it dry
Apply Tex on NG
Last few mins I work it with fingers
Rinse completley
Apply Salerm 21 and baggy for 5 mins
Rinse, neutralize 4 times
Nexxus emergencee with heat for 20
Then DC - final step

looser curl pattern and wavy
sorri the only pic I have is my avatar. HTH
How long do you leave in the relaxer/softner/texturizer (including application time) ?
Thank you soooooooooo much. Sorry if there is any other thread like this, I just wanted these specific questions answered. IF there is a thread specifically like this, please point me in the right direction.
OOoo and post pictures if you aren't feeling lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzay :grin::grin::grin:
Thanks ladiessssssss
<333333

jade998

my natural hair type I thing is 4b - Very cottony and loved shrinkage

I originally used ORS No lye, corrected with ORS lye and I am now using Silk elements lye all Mild formula

Total time 15mins

I smoothed rather than combed through, I read it isn't good to comb through

Same, it is just stretched and less shrinkage. There is some waves, but nothing to write home about

Pics are in my fotki - sorry I am being lazy
Thanks ladiessssssss

Radianthealth

My natural hair type is 4B. My hair grows out in a z shape/pattern

I use a mild silk elements lye relaxer

I keep the relaxer on for 12-15 minutes

I do not comb the relaxer through, I smooth the relaxer into the hair with the back of a comb or my fingers.

The texture is a looser z shape/pattern
My answers are above.

InnerSoul

3c/4a... w/ shrinkage galore

mizani butter blend lye..

How long do you leave in the relaxer/softner/texturizer (including application time) ?10-12 minutes tops..no longer. Any longer means the straighter it will get and I want to avoid this.

Do you comb through? NO Or do you have any specific technique?I apply pre-relaxer trtmt to my previously relaxed hair to prevent overlapping and then I use my gloved hand to apply relaxer on newgrowth.

What is the texture/type of your hair after texlaxation :) is over? still very textured... crimps, coils and all but just a tad bit looser..:lachen:... which is fine with me b/c I want to avoid bone straight hair.

Thanks ladiessssssss
<333333

My answers are in bold!

Last edited:

chicacanella

What is your natural hair type(s) ( give the type or describe it)? 3b/c in the back (just realized that), 3c/4a everywhere else except where the part it gets to before the crown which is 4a.

What brand of relaxer/softner/texturizer you use ( ORS, JFM...)? My stylist uses Dudley's Sensitive Scalp but I am doing it self-relaxing next time and I will use some type of Affirm relaxer.

How long do you leave in the relaxer/softner/texturizer (including application time) ? He left in for about 10 minutes. He doens't believe in bone straight hair either.

Do you comb through? Or do you have any specific technique? He uses a comb to smooth the relaxer. The back of the comb.

After it is over, the 3b/c hair is between 2c/3a, the 3c/4a hair is 3b and the all 4a is 3c.

Thanks ladiessssssss
<333333

My response is in the bold.

ladylibra

my sister is a textlaxer...

her hair is a very shrinky, tightly-coiled 4a/4b. she uses JFM Texture Softener, only leaves it on about 5 minutes and she does not comb it through. after all is said and done, her hair is a 4a similar to mine, except her hair is thinner and textlaxing makes it "hang" instead of shrinking down into a compact cotton candy fluffball of coils. :grin:

eajaye2u

You are welcome Princess! I never do a test. This product is a old school texturizer, so it will not get the hair straight. Its a level 1 lye relaxer and will only loosen the curl pattern. HTH

Thanks soo much eajaye2u :)
You are the first posteee :)
Did you ever do a strand test?

prospurr4

I'm 4b.

I use Revlon Realistic Regular Lye.

How long do you leave in the relaxer/softner/texturizer (including application time) ? Total time is 12-15 minutes.

Do you comb through? Or do you have any specific technique? No, I don't comb through. I apply oil to my previously-relaxed ends to protect them from relaxer-runoff. I apply relaxer cream to my new growth only, smooth a couple of times, then rinse. Then I apply a reconstructor for 5 minutes, neutralize 2 times, ACV rinse, then DC with a moisturizing conditioner.

Well, a strand of my natural hair has a "Z" pattern. After the texlax procedure, the "Z" is straighten out a bit. Pics of my texlaxed hair are in my avatar and siggy.

Hopes this helps

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Just For Me softner is awesome. I just don't leave it on for more than 5 minutes. The best texlax product for me is the Revlon Realistic lye relaxer. I could leave this one my hair for 15 minutes and still be left with an even texlax.:grin: Lye does not get my hair strait, that is why I will use it if I texlax again. Even S curl texturizer worked great for me. My problem came when I wanted to relax strait due to my lack of styling skills.:rolleyes: Since I can now 2 strand and flat twist, maybe this journey will be different for me. I will be long transitioning though. At least a year before I decide...or that's the plan, anyway.:yep:

Just For Me softner is awesome. I just don't leave it on for more than 5 minutes. The best texlax product for me is the Revlon Realistic lye relaxer. I could leave this one my hair for 15 minutes and still be left with an even texlax.:grin: Lye does not get my hair strait, that is why I will use it if I texlax again. Even S curl texturizer worked great for me. My problem came when I wanted to relax strait due to my lack of styling skills.:rolleyes: Since I can now 2 strand and flat twist, maybe this journey will be different for me. I will be long transitioning though. At least a year before I decide...or that's the plan, anyway.:yep:

You only leave JFM on for 5 minutes? I thought that it would be longer than a normal relaxer because its more mild? And also cuz of the sunflower oil added to it? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase inform moi:grin:

didirose

4a, some b...:look:

ORS no lye (ETA: I add olive oil and my choice of conditioner)

10 - 15 min

Do a pre-relaxer treatment on previously relaxed hair
Part hair in 6 sections
Quickly apply to each section with a tint brush
Go back and smooth a little with fingers
[/B]

Not as coily/wavy, check signature pic.Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Neish222

Coarse 4b w/some 4a's in the back.

I use Profectiv No-Lye (regular).

How long do you leave in the relaxer/softner/texturizer (including application time) ? Total time is 15 minutes.

No, I don't comb through. I apply conditioner to my previously relaxed ends. I apply the relaxer to new growth only, smooth, then rinse. I neutralize 2-3 times, first time i neutralize I let it in my hair for about 5 mins, wash again with a moisturizing shampoo, then use a reconstructor followed by a moisturizing conditioner.

Still nappy, :lachen:lol. No. I only relax to be able to manage my hair soo there isnt much of a difference in texture....just looser curls.

SparklingFlame

4a, some b...:look:

ORS no lye (ETA: I add olive oil and my choice of conditioner)

10 - 15 min

Do a pre-relaxer treatment on previously relaxed hair
Part hair in 6 sections
Quickly apply to each section with a tint brush
Go back and smooth a little with fingers
[/b]

Not as coily/wavy, check signature pic.Hope this helps!
Your hair is EXACTLY the look I'm going for!!!
I am going to texturize tonight so wish me luck!!!

LivingDoll

What is your natural hair type(s) ( give the type or describe it)? I believe I'm a 3c/4a

What brand of relaxer/softner/texturizer you use ( ORS, JFM...)? Optimum Bodifying Relaxer for Fine Hair - Mild.

How long do you leave in the relaxer/softner/texturizer (including application time) ? application plus half the recommended processing time

Do you comb through? Or do you have any specific technique? I smooth with my fingers but don't manipulate too much

What is the texture/type of your hair after texlaxation :) is over? a looser 3c/4a (?) The difference I can see is that my curls are more defined when my hair is wet but when dry there's still lots of volume.

None at moment, I have a sew-in. :nono:

I'm a newbie and have always texlaxed because I don't like bone straight hair...I never knew that the method had a name!

Thanks ladiessssssss
<333333
You're welcome!

Omg my post helped someone, other than meeeee YAY !! ( I know I'm a nerd)
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood luck Natural ladddddddy.
Can't wait.
And when your done you have to fill out my survey immediamente :)