aubrey organic shampoos

soslychic

I heard many complaints that aubrey shampoos made peoples hair feel like straw? Since there are 5, I was wondering if you could be a little more specific because I would really like to find a non harsh shampoo. How many have had good results?

[ QUOTE ]
I heard many complaints that aubrey shampoos made peoples hair feel like straw? Since there are 5, I was wondering if you could be a little more specific because I would really like to find a non harsh shampoo. How many have had good results?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have heard many people complain about the JAY and island naturals shampoos......but you should be okay w/the white camellia & jasmin shampoo....it is very moisturizing......

I agree with SherryLove~White Camilia & Jasmin Shampoo for Dry hair is very moisturizing!
My hair feels Great after using it!

I never had any good experiences with aubrey organics shampoos. I tried White camellia & jasmine and Blue camomile, they all made my hair feel like straw.
wallbash.gif

I recieved an e-mail from Aubrey company. I asked them what is the pH level in their JAY shampoo and they replied that it was an 8.8. That's pretty alkaline. Maybe that's why it's drying to people. But I usually dilute mine. Maybe that's why I don't get the straw hair.

I think that I have discovered a good ratio for diluting J.A.Y. shampoo--one ounce of J.A.Y. to ten ounces of tea water.

I based this recipie on info from a web site that Daviine posted.

I mixed the J.A.Y. with chamomile tea and added about five drops of rosemary essential oil. The mixture looks watery, but it was so powerful and refreshing.

With the diluted version of J.A.Y. it was easier to move the shampoo through my scalp and hair. That batch of shampoo lasted me two weeks. Today I am gonna mix up another batch but this time I am using nettle tea.

I don't think that the J.A.Y. shampoo is drying or stripping. It is a high protein shampoo and should be followed with a moisturizing conditioner.

Most of AO's shampoos are for dry hair and thus contain a lot of protein. Folks who don't have dry hair might want to try the normal hair formulas.
--kc

Hi, I just ordered the Sea buckthorn shampo, conditioner and leave-in has anyone had good luck with these ? I also ordered the manderine shampoo and jelly.

CICI

Hi CICI24.

It's great seeing you on board. I hope that you have been doing okay and you are enjoying your new hair..

The AO SeaBuckthorn shampoo is nice. It also is a high protein shampoo. It is for dry, curly hair. From my experience with it, I think that it may has less protein that the J.A.Y. or perhaps the presence of glycerin and other moisturizing oils makes it feel less proteiny than the J.A.Y.

When I use AO SB straight from the bottle my it strengthens my hair like straight J.A.Y. but there is less of a rough feeling.

I think that the SB shampoo also should be diluted. It is not as thick as undiluted J.A.Y., but it is a very thick shampooo.

I think that the key to using AO shampoos for dry hair is to put on the cream rinse right after shampooing without trying to comb out the hair. As soon as I use the cream rinses, and even the G.P.B., my hair immediately feels soft.

I love the Sea Buckthorn cream rinse. My hair feels soft as cotton after leaving it on 15 minutes or so under a warm towel.

I haven't tried the SB leave in spray and I'd like try the mandarin jelly, but I have the B5 gel and I think that it is going to last me a long while. HTH--kc

Back