Aubrey Organics White Camellia

so1913

I picked up AOWC shampoo and conditioner today. It says for Dry, Coarse, Unruly Hair. I also grabbed a bottle of GBP which I know a lot of people here love.

The bottles for the White Camellia say:

Shampoo:
Extremely emollient anti-frizz formula. Tame unruly hair with this ultra-smoothing, moisturizing shampoo. Protein-enriched formula strengthens as it protects against heat damage and breakage, restoring manageability for the look you want-whether it's silky, shiny lengths or soft, controled curls.

Conditioner:
Extremely emollient anti-frizz formula. Tame unruly hair and replenish much needed moisture with this intensive, ultra smoothing conditioner. Vitamin-rich formula nourishes as it protects against heat damage and breakage, restoring manageability for the look you want-whether it's silky, shiny lengths or soft, controled curls.

How could I pass it up with a description like that! Anyone try these?

candita

I bought a bottle of the shampoo a few weeks ago. After every wash, my hair feels nice and soft, which is a major achievement with my stubborn hair! :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
candita said:
I bought a bottle of the shampoo a few weeks ago. After every wash, my hair feels nice and soft, which is a major achievement with my stubborn hair! :)
Offtopic... welcome to the forum candita! i see that this was your first post! :grin: enjoy your stay! ;)

brazenxvirtue

They're both wonderful!!! No shampoo has ever made my hair feel so soft. After I realized how great the shampoo was, I had to order the conditioner. And sure enough, the combination is a keeper.

SherryLove

yes, i absolutely love this shampoo... it is definitely one of my staples... and the new formulation is even better...it is very moisturizing .... i will try the new white camellia conditioner in the near future.......

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I have never tried this combo before but I am currently using the AO GPB and the AO honeysuckle rose moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for dry and brittle hair and I love it.:love: I am sure that you will love your new combo. Trust me you can't go wrong with AO, it works wonders:yep: .

so1913

The conditioner.....WOW!!! It's been a LONG time since I was this impressed by a conditioner. The slip and softness is unbelievable!

SherryLove

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I told yah!!!:lol: :lachen:Sherrylove we got another converter;) .

ALRIGHT!!!!!! I guess i am going to have to get this conditioner sooner than later..LOL...i am glad you and your hair liked it and thanks for the review.....

Whisper

I have the shampoo and I absolutely love it!!! My hair is very soft after using it. I have yet to try the conditioner, I'm sure it works just as well.

beloved1

I just purchased and used the AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner for Dry, Brittle hair and I it did a good job. I didn't know which one to choose for moisture, that one or the White Camellia but my hair usually does great with natural products, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. When this runs out I might try the White Camellia, this is what the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner says:

Detangles & smoothes for ultra-soft, shiny, touchable hair. Trade those dry, thirsty tresses for vibrant, touchably soft hair with this moisture-intensive conditioner enriched with restorative emollients. Detangles and rehydrates to overcome brittleness and dryness and leave hair ultra-silky and irresistibly fragrant.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

beloved1 said:
I just purchased and used the AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner for Dry, Brittle hair and I it did a good job. I didn't know which one to choose for moisture, that one or the White Camellia but my hair usually does great with natural products, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. When this runs out I might try the White Camellia, this is what the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner says:

Detangles & smoothes for ultra-soft, shiny, touchable hair. Trade those dry, thirsty tresses for vibrant, touchably soft hair with this moisture-intensive conditioner enriched with restorative emollients. Detangles and rehydrates to overcome brittleness and dryness and leave hair ultra-silky and irresistibly fragrant.

I was confused myself when I was purchasing the AO shampoo and conditioner until I saw the word "moisturizing" on the bottle of the honeysuckle rose shampoo and conditioner so I went ahead and purchased this one instead of one of the others. On the white camellia bottle it says for ultra-smoothing so you just have to read each bottle and see which one applies to your hair.

Vintagecoilylocks

Can these aubrey coditioners be used as leave ins. I noticed they don't have water as a first ingredient like other conditioners. Yet it sounds like they are working well for many.

SherryLove

Vintagecoilylocks said:
Can these aubrey coditioners be used as leave ins. I noticed they don't have water as a first ingredient like other conditioners. Yet it sounds like they are working well for many.

it's funny you ask that. my brotha friend who is natural loves to mix equal parts of distilled water and the jojoba&aloe conditioner and use it as a leave in.. i, myself, have yet to try it...i will definitely try it when i run low on my givovanni leave in..

Vintagecoilylocks

Thanks Sherry love for that because i talk to the company on the phone and they said that the wheat germ and rose masqeita and their aloe is what gives the moisture but did tell me after i asked it was not to be used as a leave-in. She did recommend the seabuckhorn leave-in. But i was thinking that it could probably be diluted with distilled water or rose water and used as a leave-in. It seems their shampoos are as mild as most other brand conditioners also. Well since they are costly I will use them to create leave-ins also.

star

I notice that the Honey suckle rose was recommended for bleached or highlighted hair and the Island Naturals was recommened for relaxed and natural styles. I'm wanting to purchase AO but has a toss up with White Camellia, Honeysuckle Rose and Island Replinshes. All of them have good description of outcomes but I am glad someone actually has used it and can tell the story. I think am going to try White Camellia and Island Relinshes then try the Honeysuckle Rose later.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I have never tried this combo before but I am currently using the AO GPB and the AO honeysuckle rose moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for dry and brittle hair and I love it.:love: I am sure that you will love your new combo. Trust me you can't go wrong with AO, it works wonders:yep: .

Mahalialee4

Hi VintageCoily: Do you have pics? I don't know if you were asked before by anyone, but I would love to see your beautiful natural hair. Just inspires me reading about you. Or do you have any posted at a website already? Thank you for reply. Bonjour