Aug 29 30 31 Sept 1 2 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

waff

Scalp treatment: Nizoral 1% with scalp massager
Shampoo:
1st wash: Tresemme Flawless curls shampoo
2nd wash: Camille rose Ginger rinse shampoo
Conditioner/detangle: Garnier WB honey treasures conditioner
DC: Mielle Organic babassu oil deep conditioner, 1-2 hours under hot head cap
Styler: MC leave in conditioner, KCCC for my edges

I just wanted to say that I love these threads! They motivate me to take time for my self and show some love to my hair. It's easy to get busy with life and forget that we matter too :2inlove: Thank you @IDareT'sHair

Last edited:

blazingbeauty

ETA: This Weekend
Rehydrating & Redo-ing Sleek Crown Bun with:
(L) SM Raw Shea Co
(C) Lottabody Curl & Style Milk
(B) DIY Shea Butter Mix

Eco Styler or Pantene Alcohol Free Spray to smooth ponytail.

No steaming this week (maybe next time I’m refreshing a ps)

Last edited:

discodumpling

I started this weekend with a quick cowash and the resetting of my wash n go.
Cowash: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment mask.
Leavein: Mielle Honey Pomegranate
Styler: Eco Olive Oil

I'll DC either Sunday or Monday whenever I find the time. Sunday definitely gonna start DD's braids! Be back to edit with our process and products!

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
My hair can’t handle permanent dye. The scalp soreness and the hair dryness is not worth it. I was scared my hair was going to fall out! Thankfully I haven’t seen any excessive shedding just a little bit of breakage. Either I’ll try henna/indigo or a hair gloss at the end of the year. But for now it’s time for an elasticity treatment.

THURSDAY
Moisturize and seal with a mist of water, coconut oil, and Shea butter
Keep hair stretched in jumbo twists

FRIDAY
Scalp treatment: Nizoral shampoo for 10 minutes
Deep treatment: Ouidad Curl Recovery Melt-Down Repair Mask
Moisturize and seal with Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk and Shea butter
Stretch hair in braids

ETA: I'm giving my hair a break from coconut oil. The ends of my hair (in the back middle part of my head) are starting to feel a bit brittle. Ordered some hemp seed oil and rice bran oil. I had tried them years ago and remember liking them so couldn't hurt to try again.

SATURDAY
Put hair in twists for protective style
Moisturize and seal with a mist of water and olive oil
Stretch twists in 6 flat bantu knots

Last edited:

water_n_oil

Posting this plan for the third time...maybe I'll actually do it this week :lachen:

• Simple Truth Micellar Shampoo
  • Camille Rose Algae Renew w/ heat 15-20min or so.
  • Camille Rose Fresh Curl

Currently under the dryer w/ the Algae Renew. Glad I didn't let my laziness kick in. This was my first "true" wash all month since I was sick for practically the whole month. The shed hair was cray cray lol.

Celestialx

Since I've been using grease to heavy-seal, I've started cleansing my hair more often and I'm actually kinda loving it! My last wash was on Thursday, so I thought it would be way too soon to shampoo again today; I haven't been bothering with sulfate-free shampoos as of late, so I'm always worrying about stripping my hair too much and normally try to limit cleansing to 1x/wk. But today's wash day has been excellent so far. Detangling was a quick breeze and for the first time in a while, I had little to no shedding or breakage, yaaaaas. :D Even though I know our hair is supposed to shed daily, shedding still makes me cringe, so even a mid-week co-wash is usually a must for me; anything to lessen the accumulation on Sunday.

With that said, over the next month I think I'm gonna try to start cleansing 2-3x/wk and maybe using a clarifying poo during one of those washes depending on how heavy handed I am with the product, and see how it goes. The only thing that concerns me about this plan is hygral fatigue, but hopefully staying on top of pre-pooing (skipped it today since I knew I'd be using a clarifier) will help prevent that.

Anyway, here's what I've done so far today. ♡

Clarifying Poo: Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo
Moisturizing Poo: ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Detangler: VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner
And I'm currently D/Cing with the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for 1.5hr w/ a plastic cap.

Post-rinse plan ~
R/O Condish: Aussie Mega Moist Conditioner
(L)iquid: S-Curl Activator
(C)ream: Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner
(O)il: EVOO + JBCO
Styling: Ecostyler Olive Oil Gel

Forgoing the grease today to try out the JBCO I picked up this weekend. I wanna see how it holds up on its own, but I might use both together in the future since my hair is so resistant to moisture retention when I use oil to seal by itself.

Hope everyone is having/had a great weekend! x

waff

Since I've been using grease to heavy-seal, I've started cleansing my hair more often and I'm actually kinda loving it! My last wash was on Thursday, so I thought it would be way too soon to shampoo again today; I haven't been bothering with sulfate-free shampoos as of late, so I'm always worrying about stripping my hair too much and normally try to limit cleansing to 1x/wk. But today's wash day has been excellent so far. Detangling was a quick breeze and for the first time in a while, I had little to no shedding or breakage, yaaaaas. :D Even though I know our hair is supposed to shed daily, shedding still makes me cringe, so even a mid-week co-wash is usually a must for me; anything to lessen the accumulation on Sunday.

With that said, over the next month I think I'm gonna try to start cleansing 2-3x/wk and maybe using a clarifying poo during one of those washes depending on how heavy handed I am with the product, and see how it goes. The only thing that concerns me about this plan is hygral fatigue, but hopefully staying on top of pre-pooing (skipped it today since I knew I'd be using a clarifier) will help prevent that.

Anyway, here's what I've done so far today. ♡

Clarifying Poo: Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo
Moisturizing Poo: ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Detangler: VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner
And I'm currently D/Cing with the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for 1.5hr w/ a plastic cap.

Post-rinse plan ~
R/O Condish: Aussie Mega Moist Conditioner
(L)iquid: S-Curl Activator
(C)ream: Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner
(O)il: EVOO + JBCO
Styling: Ecostyler Olive Oil Gel

Forgoing the grease today to try out the JBCO I picked up this weekend. I wanna see how it holds up on its own, but I might use both together in the future since my hair is so resistant to moisture retention when I use oil to seal by itself.

Hope everyone is having/had a great weekend! x
I have never found non-sulfate shampoos to be necessarily less stripping than sulfate shampoos. There are many non sulfate shampoos that are waaay more drying than sulfate shampoos. I personally think the formulation of the manufacturer is 1# indicator if a shampoo is stripping or not. Sulfate shampoos get a bad rep, when you just need to find the correct formulation. I wash at least twice a week with a sulfate shampoo consistently and my hair is thriving! My hair/scalp loves water and been washed often. Long gone the long detangling sessions and the breakage that comes with it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Sunday....same old, same old...

Fenugreek and Banana Mask on dry hair for a few hours

Curl Junkie Daily Fix to cleanse

Rose Nectar, Henna Oil & Shea Nilotica as a leave in.

Rosemary Flaxseed Gel on edges

Hair solid until Wednesday

Saving this for my midweek cleanse. Since it's the beginning of a new month, I:

Clarified:
Curl Junkie Gentle Cleansing Shampoo

In shower protein treatment:
Curl Junkie Repair Me

Hair feels awesome. Will repeat at the first wash of every month. :toocool:

Last edited:

Celestialx

I have never found non-sulfate shampoos to be necessarily less stripping than sulfate shampoos. There are many non sulfate shampoos that are waaay more drying than sulfate shampoos. I personally think the formulation of the manufacturer is 1# indicator if a shampoo is stripping or not. Sulfate shampoos get a bad rep, when you just need to find the correct formulation. I wash at least twice a week with a sulfate shampoo consistently and my hair is thriving! My hair/scalp loves water and been washed often. Long gone the long detangling sessions and the breakage that comes with it.

This! The L'Oreal EverCreme SF shampoo is the only one I've tried that actually isn't stripping, I like it when there isn't much product in my hair, but every other non-sulfate shampoo was awful. I initially thought my hair was the problem when I first started trying them out, especially since so many people swear by them. But yeah, after a lot of trial and error, I realized a lot of them just suck lol.

That's great to hear about your hair though! I'm looking forward to upping the cleansing, my scalp has been feeling so fresh and clean lately, it's awesome.

Your hair in your avi is gorgeous btw! x

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Sitting in a henna gloss right now. Mixed up with an old batch of henna mixed with goats milk and coconut milk powder as well as sheamoisture conditioner mask base.

After sitting for an hour I’ll see what’s next.
Rinsed out henna gloss. Prepoo with Ecoslay Hot sauce and shampood with Ecoslay Peppermint Scnapps. Conditioned with Product Junkie Naturals Honey and Hibiscus. Leave in PJN Hibiscus and Fenugreek LI, braided up hair with PJN Cocoa and Kalahari FSG Buttercream.

Sitting under dryer with soft bonnet.

Last edited:

PlanetCybertron

31st- Relaxed my hair at what I’m thinking was 9-10 weeks post? I really need to start writing my dates down.

1st- has work yesterday, but after work I spent most of the afternoon repairing my hair, and then removing whatever mineral deposits were still on my hair since it was blocking out any of my products from doing their job.

Today:

Washed with SM 100% Virgin coconut oil shampoo

Africa’s Best leave in Hair Mayo on ends

Rinsed everything out

Leave in: Texture ID deep treatment mask, sealed with BTZ smooth criminal.

vevster

Wash detangle with Crulsmith's cowash, washed with Naturelle Grow's ACV shampoo (smelled like feet once it hit my hair).

Deep condition with Miche's protein treatment.
Style with Qhemet's Moringa Condition Ghee (a keeper)
and top with Ouidad's Humidity Gel (shopping my stash -- hoping to get use out of it)