August 19,20,21...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Care Plans (Hair Care Edition)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Hair Divas! Sorry I'm Late! Busy Week!:look:

YAY! it's finally the Weekend:grin:.

What are YOU doing to Nuture & Nourish Your Hair? I'm getting ready to:

Cowash with Hairveda Acai Phyto Berry
Reconstruct with Tigi Dumb Blonde
Do a Black Tea Rinse
DC with Jasmine's Avocado & Silk or Enso Naturals Cacao Deep Treatment
Detangle with QB Coco Tree Detangling Ghee & Oil
Dry under Dryer

So....What are You Doing?

Toy

Ok,T ...I will just for you!

Saturday,I will be doing a Reconstructor & deep conditioning with Paul Mitchell supercharged moisturizing conditioner getting ready for my relaxer Next friday.

Jewell

NUTHIN! I'mma relax and chill w. fam though if I feel up to it after work this evening, I might wash my hair in these Senegalese twists, condition, moisturize hair and oil my scalp, let it airdry. If I dont get to it tonight it will wait until next week...but I'm due for a good scalp massage and oiling tonight.

My hair looks like it needs to be redone (good amt of new growth) after only wearing these for 1 month! But they will stay in 2 months if I can stand it and then I will put in a full head of box braids w. extensions (if I don't do another set of S. twists...I just find my hair frizzes and curls out of the twists so braids are more long-lasting).

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
1. Pre-poo with a mixture of Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and wheat germ oil.

2. Shampoo with Shea Moisture: Moisture Retention Shampoo

3. DC with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.

4. Leave Ins: My leave-in mix and Chi Keratin mist topped with Moroccan Oil, and Argan Oil.

5. Blow-Dry and Flat-Iron

6. PARTY!!!

kupenda

Nothing! Just got it straightened so if anything I'll be avoiding my hair lol. I need it to look good for my first week back at work/school. So I guess I'll be oiling my new growth with Vatika Frosting. And bumping the ends and my bangs in prep for Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Shampooed today with Aphogee and conditioned with Aphogee 2 Min. Got real lazy and won't be DC today :blush: Air drying now with leave ins. Hair still feels good :yep:

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I plan to do an overnight Henna Gloss. Get up in the morning and wash and dc then style (probably a wash and go). Heading to a picnic and will wear it OUT.

NIN4eva

I'm prolly just going to prepoo/DC with some AO HSR and wheat germ oil, chelate with ORS Creamy Aloe, Rinse with Roux PC then AO HSR then let it hang and airdry.

SherylsTresses

For real this time: :look:

Clarify with AO Green Tea
Protein treatment one hour with AO GPB
DC overnight with AO HSR
Moisturize with Giovanni Direct Leave-in mixed with EVOO
Wet bun or try again for twistout

PPGbubbles

tonight im take down my flat twist updo and do a circle twist wrap so I can be cute sat lol

Sunday after I run I will wash/DC im thinking of doing twists on stretched hair and rocking that next week and I will have a cute twist out for the week end :)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Getting a Creamy crack fix:woohoo:
Planning a delightful DC with AOWC
Getting DH to take pics (with one of my 2 monthly pic passes:look:)
I do believe I'll be enjoying my hair this weekend:grin:....if anything goes wrong I'll be found in a dark corner:ohwell:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm dc'ing right now with Silk Dreams Shea What mixed with Claudie's Garden Oil and I'll be leaving it to marinate until tonight.

After rinsing it out, I'll co-oil rinse (my new made up term :lol: ) with BFH Ginger Macadamia Conditioner mixed with sunflower and WEN Lavender Oils.

For my leave-in, I'll be using Silk Dreams Silky Soft Leave-In mixed with Nourish Oil then I'll massage Claudie's Elixer into my scalp and GHE overnight.

:grin: :spinning: :grin: :spinning: :grin:

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Starting tonight I will shampoo with CON Green original
Then DC with Aubrey Organics GPB
Final rinse with Roux porosity control
Dry
Apply one n only argan oil
Flat iron as usual
(Maybe trim if im strong enough)

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

NIN4eva

I'm prolly just going to prepoo/DC with some AO HSR and wheat germ oil, chelate with ORS Creamy Aloe, Rinse with Roux PC then AO HSR then let it hang and airdry. Oh and my leave-in will be Redken Anti-Snap and and I'm sealing with orange essential oil infused olive oil.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Sunday after chilling on the beach for the weekend I will:

Clarify with Suave
Wash with CON green
Protein Tx with Nexxus Emergencee
DC with Giovanni SAS
Airdry and then be on my way until I CW midweek.

Dposh167

I have to do some type of porosity control on my edges. They are frizzy beyond belief. So im assumming they are pretty porous right now

sent from Droid incredible II

ms.blue

I'm not doing anything to my natural hair but my weekend hair plans are:
-wash and condition my lace wig
-relax my mom's hair

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Gonna henna. Its been awhile & my first henna since being natural EXCITED! Just not sure if I will do it tomorrow a.m. before I go to PT job - and smell all earthy or do overnight treatment and smell earthy, & listen to SO complain. Of course DC afterwards. But tonight I will probably co-wash, and detangle in preparation for the henna event.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Either tonight or tomorrow:

Pre-poo with hemp oil
Wash with ORS creamy aloe
Roux PC 3 min
Protein recon with Joico K-pak recon + alfaparf rigen
Dc with ORS replenishing
M&S: HE color me happy+ S-curl, hemp oil
Airdy
Bun

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I'm finna get my mad henna on, son! :look: :lol:.

No but seriously, I've decided to start doing henna treatments again in an effort to thicken up my hair. It's been a while. Here's the schedule:

Tonight:
- mix henna with green tea; let the color release overnight

Tomorrow:
- shampoo hair to remove styling products
- apply henna mixture
- wet my turbie twist in hot water and wrap hair with it
- put on plastic cap
- put foil cap on top of that
- leave henna on for 4 hours
- rinse in shower
- co-wash with Trader Joe's Nourish spa to remove henna
- deep condition overnight with Aubrey Organics White Camellia conditioner

Sunday morning:
- rinse conditioner out in shower
- apply KK Knot Today as leave in
- seal with a heavy grease :look:
- shake and go

Once I stopped adding lemon juice to my henna mixtures, my hair has really responded well to the treatments (as opposed to being as dry as the sahara).

newnyer

I'm finna get my mad henna on, son! :look: :lol:.

No but seriously, I've decided to start doing henna treatments again in an effort to thicken up my hair. It's been a while. Here's the schedule:

Tonight:
- mix henna with green tea; let the color release overnight. Moisturize & seal hair tonight.

Tomorrow:
- shampoo hair to remove styling products
- apply henna mixture
- wet my turbie twist in hot water and wrap hair with it
- put on plastic cap
- put foil cap on top of that
- leave henna on for 4 hours
- rinse in shower
- co-wash with Trader Joe's Nourish spa to remove henna
- deep condition overnight with Aubrey Organics White Camellia conditioner

Sunday morning:
- rinse conditioner out in shower
- apply KK Knot Today as leave in
- seal with a heavy grease :look:
- shake and go

Once I stopped adding lemon juice to my henna mixtures, my hair has really responded well to the treatments (as opposed to being as dry as the sahara).

Kickin' it henna style over here, too. Lol! I'm a henna virgin so this will be an adventure!!
Plans:
Tonight- Mix henna w/ avj, water, a little coconut oil. Let it sit overnight

Tomorrow- shampoo, slightly airdry, apply henna, wrap up tight w/ saran wrap & plastic caps for about 4 hours. Rinse out henna w/ VO5 until clean. DC with Alter Ego & honey mix. Put plastic cap(s), decent scarf, and fedora hat on to run errands (lol). Rinse out upon return (3-4 hrs). Add Giovani leave-in & airdry. May massage scalp w/ coconut oil before bed.

Sunday- enjoy the fruits of my labor. ;)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

naturalmanenyc

Twist out using Keracare Naturals Twist & Define cream on damp hair. I already did my wash (Creme of Nature) and DC (Giovanni Smooth as Silk) and air dried about 75%.

leiah

Tonight:
Cowashed with una bomba avocado
Oiled scalp with bhringraj
Used a little bit of lustrasilk cholesterol as a leave in
Wet bun baggy overnight

I really need to henna but I don't think I have time

youwillrise

i should probably shampoo my twists since it's been 2 weeks and there's a lot of conditioner and oyin burnt sugar pomade (which i decided i liked better on dryish hair) slapped up in it

i had originally decided to take the twists out completely yesterday, but then i decided to go for at least another week (maybe more) since work & classes are starting soon and i'm going to be too busy/tired to mess with my hair as much...i'll be aiming for 2 weeks with twist sets at minimum. one week twists usually work best for me, buuuuut that was when i had more time on my hands.

uhhh...maybe i'll shampoo and dc them today? ive been rinsing them quite often, but i know i need to get the gunk out. ha.

Last edited: