August 19,20,21...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Care Plans (Hair Care Edition)

newnyer

I'm on my phone right now so I can't post the links for you...but if you type in "henna" on the search option on this forum you'll see a LOT of good info. Also check out www.hennaforhair.com. In summary, henna has properties that can strengthen and thicken your hair. It also provides a tint of color. Like I said, this is my first time doing this process (it's actually on my head right now-about an hour left until I wash it out!) so I'm only going by other experiences expressed on this forum & doing other research. Maybe the more experienced ladies can chime in.

I'll definitely post my review/experience once I'm finished though.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

missjones

This will be the first time I wash my hair as a natural :grin:. I'll also need to snip my ends a little more.

I want to try a twist out, but I don't know if I'll try that this weekend or not.

GoodMernin

Last night:

Cold press EVOO hot oil treatment pre-poo.

Washed with lemon grass black soap to clarify.

Washed again with Suave Professionals 2 in 1 shampoo+conditioner for pH balance.

Over night deep conditioner with mixture of:
3tbl Cantu Shea Butter leave in
1tbl Cream of Nature Lemon Grass leave in
2tbl whole leaf aloe vera juice
2tbl cold press EVOO
1tbl honey

This morning-

Rinsed with warm water.

2nd rinse with cold green tea and ACV rinse for pH balance.

Blow dried with Fantasia Heat Protector Straightening Serum.

Threw it all into a high bun.

I may flat iron with my Sedu 1" and some Chi heat protector tonight or tomorrow morning...or...I might not flat iron at all.

GoodMernin

Starting tonight I will shampoo with CON Green original
Then DC with Aubrey Organics GPB
Final rinse with Roux porosity control
Dry
Apply one n only argan oil
Flat iron as usual
(Maybe trim if im strong enough)

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

I am fairly new to this site and have gotten a lot of very useful information from the ladies here.

I have recently started to flat iron and did so last week and may do so this weekend.

You hair has great length to it.

Do you flat iron weekly on a high or low temp and if so...

Do you find that flat ironing helps you to retain length and how do you keep your ends healthy?

Brownie518

I plan to do my hair late tonight. I just lubed it up with some JBCO and hemp seed oil. Later on, I want to prepoo with CPR or HV Methi Setiva step 1, wash, then DC with BFH Ginger Macadamia (tiffers). I'll do a rinse with BFH Red Wine Grape Shine rinse. I'll use Hydratherma Naturals stuff for my leave ins.

BreeNique

@BreeNique
@Nix08
@halee_J
@Toy

Sorry Ladies for being Tardy....Please come back and post in here.:sad:

Thank You.:grin:

Aw, you're sweet.

It's Saturday, and I don't have any hair products on hand (heh...) washed yesterday and stretched by twisting my hair (as though prepping for abantu knot), and putting a scrunchie on the end(s), made about 7 of those. let it dry, went out for a while, then took it down. it was cute!!!

Last night, however, i didn't tie my hair up (i know i know, booo on me!), and I haven't done much to it today except pull it back into a kinky french roll. Tomorrow I'm gonna was and DC with a JBCO/ EVOO pre-poo, Organix sulfate-free shampoo, and a mix of Kenra-Organix conditioner DC (trying to use up organix, if you can't tell!!), then back to my top knot ballerina bun.

and then to STL for a potential sew in!!

LaBelleLL

Will just:
1. prepoo before washing
2. cowash
3. dc for 1 hr (I'd like to sit under my huetiful steamer but i'm lazy)
4. rinse out and style

Lissa0821

Prepoo with Hot six oil, need to use it up. Washed and deep conditioned with Elasta QP products last night. Flat ironed hair today.

Imoan

Pre-poo Vatika oil, Dc'd SSI Okra Reconstructor, condish rinse w/SSI honey conditoner, L-I SSI Coco Creme, Style, SSI Marshmallow cream, sealed ends w/SSI herbal pomade. 2-strand twist updo..

Angelicus

I'm sick. I have a cold. My hair looks so bad and matted. Right now it's drenched w/ vatika oil. I may style it tomorrow but I doubt it. Down for the count.

mech

i deep cleaned my locks yesterday by soaking them in a tub with baking soda and acv. they had sooooo much build up. after that, i washed and deep conditioned it overnight. right now, i am currently under the dryer waiting for my curls i put in this morning to dry.

newnyer

Okay folks weren't lying when they said henna can take forever to rinse out. I am on a timeout right now. Used a lot of VO5 (about 5-6 rinses). After I finished DC'ing I still saw a little dye in the shower while rinsing. Dang! I think I got 95% of it out so I'll just co-wash again tomorrow & hopefully that will do it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@newnyer I rinse for a long time 1st with plain water. Then I apply the VO5, Suave or whatever I'm using and let it sit a minute or two then Rinse.

Then just rinse and rinse and rinse with conditioner until the water runs clear again.

So, it's good to stock up on the cheapies when they are like 69 cents (on sale) so you won't care if you use a bottle or two during the rinse out.

By the time I DC, and finish the initial Rinse-Out I don't have any Residue left from the Henna

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
My braids are feeling dry and crunchy. A/C continuously at work is not working out for me. *sigh*

Tomorrow I will Cowash with BFH cleansing condish, do a tea rinse and then DC with alter ego on the scalp and another DC on the length of the braids. M&S and then do a saran wrap and see if the fuzzies will lay down. I also have to wash tons of clothes AND cook...all of this post 24 hour call at work. *le sigh*

newnyer

@newnyer I rinse for a long time 1st with plain water. Then I apply the VO5, Suave or whatever I'm using and let it sit a minute or two then Rinse.

Then just rinse and rinse and rinse with conditioner until the water runs clear again.

So, it's good to stock up on the cheapies when they are like 69 cents (on sale) so you won't care if you use a bottle or two during the rinse out.

By the time I DC, and finish the initial Rinse-Out I don't have any Residue left from the Henna

Thanks so much! After reading this post and having the fear of hard, dry shedding hair (I've read on past posts that this can be a consequence of not fully rinsing)- I decided to give it one more try tonight. FINALLY! It only took one more rinse...I just let the conditioner sit on my hair for awhile like you said before going at it again.

I swear I don't know what I'd do without ya'll....

LaBelleLL

Thanks so much! After reading this post and having the fear of hard, dry shedding hair (I've read on past posts that this can be a consequence of not fully rinsing)- I decided to give it one more try tonight. FINALLY! It only took one more rinse...I just let the conditioner sit on my hair for awhile like you said before going at it again.

I swear I don't know what I'd do without ya'll....

@IDareT'sHair & @newnyer

:blush: I did not know this! I just did a henna rinse last week and it took forever to get the henna out. I rinsed out my hair a lot, until the water ran clear (or so I thought). When I washed my hair out yesterday from my DC, the water was a light brown, which I took to be henna-y. after the second rinse of the DC, the water was clear. this is a week later from my henna gloss. do you guys think I am I good shape? meaning, have I rinsed my hair our properly from the henna and will not have breakage due to that...?

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LaBelleLL

I start off rinsing for like an eternity with just water. Then I just dump either VO5, Suave or White Rain on it and let it sit while I clean up/put things up. i.e. throw gloves away, rinsing out bowls etc.......

Then I rinse out and continue dumping the 'cheapie' on my head & rinsing until the water runs clear.:yep:

I do the 2 Step Henna then Indigo. (Stubborn Greys). I never have left over residue. And I start out on freshly cowashed hair.

The Henna I use is also extremely finely sifted. I think this can be another issue. i.e. (type of Henna) some of it is sifted more finer than others which can also affect the rinse-out process.

I use Body Art Quality for African American and Chemically Treated Hair (I'm relaxed) and it is very finely sifted almost like 'dust'.

I have never had problems getting all the Henna out following this method.

And I don't 'skimp' on the amount of VO5, Suave or White Rain I use to get it out. During the 2 Step process I may go through 1 or 1 1/2 bottles.

choctaw

Mixed up henna/amla/maka paste with coconut water, egg and home made ayurvedic oil (castor, coconut, mustard and sesame oils infused with brahmi, fenugreek, henna, hibiscus and maka).

LifeafterLHCF

Just pre pooed with Sally's knock off of Matrix conditioning balm,then washed with KeraKera Moisturizing poo for color treated hair-it was 3 bucks at Target can't beat that,and now I'm dcing with SE cholesterol.Will set my hair in a high bun for the week.

choctaw

Rinsed out henna paste with water. Co-wash, oil rinse, acv rinse. Applied Ojon restorative to scalp and edges. Celie braid to dry.