August 19 20 21 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm might try banding for the first time. I was advised to band on 80% dry hair.

I am very unsure of how large to make each section of banded hair.

I'm going to DC and steam (the home made way), do a full detangle section-by-section, and then do the banding and let it dry overnight while I try to "sleep pretty."

Misseyl

Aggie

I want to do a hendigo treatment just to use up the henna that I still have. When they are done, I probably won't be buying anymore. I will stick with either a semi or demi-permanent hair color for a while. I am tired of the work that hendigoing requires:nono:.

I will update on what else I will be using a little later.

toaster

As always, hair day will start with a workout.

Following that I will DC with Pantene, shampoo and condition with pureology, towel dry for 3 minutes, glob on my qhemet am amla cream, and two bantu knots.

With the qhemet cream I only have to cowash or wash every two days, so that will get me through until my Sunday evening cowash.

NaturallyATLPCH

These braids are supposed to come out this weekend but the way this laziness is set up, they might not.
IF they do, I will do the following:

Prepoo: APB Ginger Growth Oil and conditioner
Clarify: VO5 Clarifying Shampoo
Protein Treatment: Protein Filler
Moisturizing DC: APB Moisturizing Conditioner sealed with oil
Leave In: APB Leave In
Styler: A Hair Cream, butta on the ends (don't know which one)
Put in twists for a chunky twist out

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
On Thursday:

Divided hair into 7 sections
Finger detangled with coconut oil
Cowashed with APB's Whipped Cleansing Crème.
Applied dilute shampoo (Keracare Moisturising Anti-Dandruff Shampoo) to my scalp only
Protein DC
Moisture DC with APB's Ultra Conditioning Soufflé
Rinse thoroughly with cool water
Apply APB LI/cool water/SM's Keravega Monoi Oil Smooth Finish Thermal Protection Spray and Creme
Blowdried each section using my Felicia Leatherwood Detangling Brush with my blowdryer on warm heat/high flow.
Plait my hair in 6 sections.

Today I plan to get it cornrowed at a salon. Pray for me. And them. Cause I will get crunk if they don't handle my precious exactly how I want.

curlyhersheygirl

Last Night
Massaged my scalp with KV oil blend after misting it with NetWurks revitalizer. Applied vatika oil to my hair and did an overnight HOT/Prepoo.

This Morning
Shampoo: Elucence moisture benefits
DC: APB Lemongrass detox (30 mins under conditioning cap)
RO: Oyin honey hemp
M&S: LRC shake n go, NG sweet plantain, Siamese Twist pumpkin hairdress

After hair dries
Flat twist with APB cupuacu twisting cream

Aggie

I decided not to henna afterall. I really wasn't feeling it so I:

Color with Matrix Demi Permanent color in black
Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Condition with NG Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm Conditioner - I really need some more of this conditioner and I will purchase the large jar next with the Mango and Coconut Conditioner as well.

Bunning damp hair using CRN Curl Maker under Wetline Xtreme Gel.
Seal with HQS Coconut Lime Oil

imaginary

I missed doing Henna treatments.

Overnight (and some of the day) Henna: coffee and coconut milk
Cowash: Nubian Heritage Hemp and Tamanu Cowash, HEHH
(and then because my scalp felt tender, sore and gunky)
Shampoo: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
Condition: HEHH
Leave-ins: aphogee provitamin, jojoba lavender olive oil, SM curl and shine conditioner
Style: Fingercoils with ecostyler

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm might try banding for the first time. I was advised to band on 80% dry hair.

I am very unsure of how large to make each section of banded hair.

I'm going to DC and steam (the home made way), do a full detangle section-by-section, and then do the banding and let it dry overnight while I try to "sleep pretty."

Here's the detailed plan (based on combining two videos):
  1. Shampoo: ORS Aloe to rid hair of Jane Carter products' ingredients
  2. Steam in DC, then keep in overnight: NaturalleGrow Marshmallow . . . Deep Conditioner under "steamer" (plastic cap, hot Turbie Twist, plastic cap, hooded dryer)
  3. Morning: Wet hair with cool water, detangle, then rinse
  4. Leave-in: SM LowPo Detangler and Leave-in
  5. Moisturizer and Styler: DevaCurl SuperCreme and DevaCurl Ultra Hold Gel
  6. Banding in 6 sections: Once somewhat dry, place small band at root and wrap long band down the hair's length
  7. If I have to exit the house before this dries, put on a beanie :look:

myronnie

My SO and I were supposed to go out tonight but he's slowing around so it's time for some hair TLC!

Prepoo: Shescentit Repair Mask (3h)
Shampoo: Nexxus Frizz Defy
Quick Condition: Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner
DC: Curl Junkie Rehab/Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner (1h)
Twist with: Qhemet Cocoa Tree, Annabelle's Ayurvedic Cream; sealed with Aethiopika Hair Butter (probably chunky twists)

ETA: Decided to use Curl Junkie Rehab+Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner
great combo!

Last edited:

Daina

Will water wash this weekend and then LCO with SM JBCO leave-in, CR Coconut Water Style Setter and a mix of almond/grapeseed oils. I will braid for a braidout.

Made a couple of changes, I water rinsed and also did a quick co-wash with Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle. I M&S'd above except I used Avocado oil and aloe vera gel. Now wearing 8 braids for a braidout tomorrow.

ms.blue

My plans for this weekend is essentially the same as last weekend.
Prepoo: EVOO
Wash:
-SM manuka honey and fig shampoo
DC:
-Mielle organics babassu oil and mint conditioner (love this stuff)
Leave in:
-CRN curl love moisture milk (need to re-up), EVOO and 50:50 water to aloe vera juice in a spray bottle.

Used the ebay wavers (59 out 60). The outcome was much better than last week. I think I would be doing this every week to stretch out my natural hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My plans for this weekend is essentially the same as last weekend.
Prepoo: EVOO
Wash:
-SM manuka honey and fig shampoo
DC:
-Mielle organics babassu oil and mint conditioner (love this stuff)
Leave in:
-CRN curl love moisture milk (need to re-up), EVOO and 50:50 water to aloe vera juice in a spray bottle.

Used the ebay wavers (59 out 60). The outcome was much better than last week. I think I would be doing this every week to stretch out my natural hair.

You used the Ebay wavers!!! Yay! :clap:

What product did you put on your hair before placing the wavers on? Do you have any pics with them in and then the final look?

And, I only bought 40. Do you think I need 60?

NaturallyATLPCH

These braids are supposed to come out this weekend but the way this laziness is set up, they might not.
IF they do, I will do the following:

Prepoo: APB Ginger Growth Oil and conditioner
Clarify: VO5 Clarifying Shampoo
Protein Treatment: Protein Filler
Moisturizing DC: APB Moisturizing Conditioner sealed with oil
Leave In: APB Leave In
Styler: A Hair Cream, butta on the ends (don't know which one)
Put in twists for a chunky twist out

Um, this ain't happening this weekend. I'm shooting for next weekend.

ms.blue

20160814_203211.jpg 20160820_220800-picsay.jpg
You used the Ebay wavers!!! Yay! :clap:

What product did you put on your hair before placing the wavers on? Do you have any pics with them in and then the final look?

And, I only bought 40. Do you think I need 60?

The first picture is when I had only 40 wavers on my head and the results weren't good. The second picture is the result of having put 59 wavers.
Products used:
CRN moisture milk
EVOO
water mixed with aloe vera juice (50:50 ratio)
I suggest buying another just in case you run out.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
View attachment 371055 View attachment 371059

The first picture is when I had only 40 wavers on my head and the results weren't good. The second picture is the result of having put 59 wavers.
Products used:
CRN moisture milk
EVOO
water mixed with aloe vera juice (50:50 ratio)
I suggest buying another just in case you run out.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Looooooooooooove it!

Uh oh: I bought the shortest ones. Should I get the medium-length ones? Or even the longest ones?

My hair is shy of armpit-length right now. Thanks in advance!

P.S. How long did installing take? About an hour? How did you dry? Air? Thanks!!!

ms.blue

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Looooooooooooove it!

Uh oh: I bought the shortest ones. Should I get the medium-length ones? Or even the longest ones?

My hair is shy of armpit-length right now. Thanks in advance!

P.S. How long did installing take? About an hour? How did you dry? Air? Thanks!!!
Thank you @YvetteWithJoy
I bought the 20" 50cm which are perfect for me. I'm not actually sure how long it took for to install...probably little more than an hour. I airdried for about seven hours..some parts were slightly damp but majority were dry. Even if I had a bonnet dryer, there was no way I could've fit the dryer over my head...the wavers were massive.