August 2011..What Did YOU Buy This Week??(Hair Care Edition)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Wheat germ oil. Gettin' my ceramide on. :woot:

ETA: Just opened the bottle and... I take back that happy-dancy smiley. This smell is nothing to be happy about. :sad:

Last edited:

DRJones

First time purchasing any of these, read the reviews and did my research so I took the plunge. Looking forward to the delivery.

Curl Junkie

• x2 Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner
  • X2 Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment (Strawberry Ice-Cream Scent)
  • x1 Curls in a Bottle
  • x1 Curl Queen Styling Gel
  • x1 Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion

Ayurvedic Powders

• 2 x Bhringraj Powder
  • 1 x Fenugreek Seed Powder
  • 1 x Hibiscus Petal Powder
  • 4 x Godrej Nupur Henna Mehandi 9 Herbs Blend
  • 2 x Amla Powder
  • 2 x Brahmi Powder
  • 2 x Shikakai Powder
  • 1 x Neem Powder
  • 4 x Cassia Hair Treatment
  • 1 x Rhassoul Clay Powder

aishasoleil

Keshieshimmer LOL. Of course it would be! It's okay though. I found out that glycerin is super high up on the list... and glycerin-heavy gels tend to make my curls go *poof*. Haha!

beautyaddict1913

Today I bought:

2 SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoos
1 Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix
1 Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
1 Curl Junkie Daily Fix
1 Curl Junkie Argan & Olive condish

VirGoViXxEn

Today I purchased
Caruso Ion Steam Rollers (won them on ebay for 15.50)
and Toque Magico Emergency Deep Acting Coconut Mask (dominican deep conditioner)

gigi2011

Two Mixed Silk deep conditioners from Sally's. On sale for $4.99 plus an additional 15% off, I figured it's the perfect time to try it out :yep:

Charz

Sinister Minister
2x QB AOHC
2x QB BRBC
2x QB Aethiopika Twisting Butter
4x CJ Smoothing lotions
1x CJ Repair Me
2x CJ Curl Queen Gel
1x Mason Person Detangling Brush

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Sally's haul:

* One N Only Argan Oil (Lrg bottle for only $10! )
* ORS Replenishing conditioner
* GVP Biolage Conditioning Balm (FREE)
* Sports Cap (to go under DS football helment )
* Conditioning Caps

Sent from my Zio

faithVA

I actually did buy something this week. Attended Happily Natural Day even with hurricane Irene in town. Bought several products from 1 vendor - Zuresh from MD. They hand make their natural products.

So I bought
Zuresh Deep Conditioner
Zuresh Leave-In Conditioner
Zuresh Get it Wet
Zuresh Honey Gel
Zuresh Twist Butter
Zuresh Body Wash
Zuresh Facial Creme

And because I bought so much they gave me free samples of
.. the detangler
...the body moisturizer
...hair protein treatment
...and the hair curl extender.

I am good with products until the end of the year.

AyannaDivine

I missed the Qhemet sale last week due to my boss holding a long a** meeting...everything was sold out when I tired to order :ohwell:. So, on Tuesday I treated myself to a few items from Darcy's Botanicals.
  • Kalahari Seed Nectar
  • Shea Butter Curl Moisturizer Cream
  • Coconut Butter Styling Pomade

My shipment of Oyin Handmade came in.

I bought the Honey Hemp conditioner and limited edition Sugar & Berries Pomade (which smells so good - I hope they make it permanent).

LaidBak

Only three new items, the rest is just restocking staples:
Powedered panthenol and liquid silk amino acid (trying to concoct the perfect liquid leave in)
A 12 pack of fermodyl 619
2 Silk Dreams conditioners
Neutral protein filler
Sallys GVP Joico
Aphogee pro vitamin leave in
And I'm picking up some more Roux PC today

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
2 Bottles of HE LTR Leave-In(STAPLE) - Target
1 bottle of Jason's Vitamin E Oil (smell sooooo good) - Whole Foods
4 Bone Combs (201, 206, 210 & 222). I don't even comb my hair that often anymore but when I do, I want superior protection.- hair sense.com

Last edited:

curlyhersheygirl

Walgreens

4 purification masks
4 anti breakage mask
4 moisture retention shampoos

AveYou

4 CJ deep fix
2 CJ honey butta
6 CJ smoothing lotions
4 CJ argan & olive conditioners
4 CJ smoothing conditoners

bronzebomb

@Idare, I haven't tried this one, but it sounds really good. I got it from Ebay. Here's what it says:

Silky hair in a bottle is what we call it! Eliminates Tangles and Snarls. Stops snags and constant hair pulling during wet or dry combing. Instantly detangles hair for smooth hassle free styling. Made with Hawaiian Tahitian Tropical oils, which has been a secret to the island people for growing waist-length hair for hundreds of years.
The oils aid in growth and protect the hair from dryness. Your hair truly will feel like silk after just one application. Great for natural or relaxed hair. Wonderful for relaxers, perms, press, natural and also works to soften braids. Great detangler for children’s hair.
Use for hard to detangle afro hair this detangling leave in conditioner is highly recommended if you want to keep more length and see longer and longer lengths. This is the only detangler you will every need because it allows you to comb through the most hard to detangle hair with ease. Leaves hair soft and silky with amazing shine. Designed to help improve damaged and breaking hair. You will see results after the first treatment and your hair will become longer faster, easier to manage and retain more of its length as it grows out.

CONTAINS NO SCALP CLOGGING PETROLATUM OR MINERAL OIL! Directions: Spray liberally on dry or damp hair. Work through the hair covering all tangles or matted areas. Comb through hair with ease with a wide tooth comb or afro pick. Really great for 4a/4b hair types as well as other afro hair types.

Coffee IDareT'sHair

How is the spray?