August 2016: Hits & Misses

Aggie

HIT:

Siamese Twists Sweet Potato hair Cream. I love the smell and to me it's really not a cream. It melts seamlessly in my hands when I apply it to my hair so I view it more as a sealant that leaves behind a very moisturized feeling over my moisturizer/leave-in.

I should be finishing off a bottle of another HIT product, ie, Bekura Honey Latte, by tomorrow when I moisturize my ends. I do have a back-up though so I'm good.

Last edited:

Beamodel

@Aggie
Giiiiirl my hair is so moisturized. I did a blow out & silk press yesterday. Used the green tea as my leave in. Wrapped my hair and took it down later. Talk about ultra soft and moisturized hair. It has movement and bounce to it too.

I'm very glad I purchased this. I figured my hair would like it. My hair likes Grean tea. My hair loves the cranberry cocktail which has Green tea too so I was hopeful it would like the Grean tea milk. And yup.... It does.

Aggie

@Aggie
Giiiiirl my hair is so moisturized. I did a blow out & silk press yesterday. Used the green tea as my leave in. Wrapped my hair and took it down later. Talk about ultra soft and moisturized hair. It has movement and bounce to it too.

I'm very glad I purchased this. I figured my hair would like it. My hair likes Grean tea. My hair loves the cranberry cocktail which has Green tea too so I was hopeful it would like the Grean tea milk. And yup.... It does.
yeah now that's what I'm talking about. Now that is a review @Beamodel :yep:.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
yeah now that's what I'm talking about. Now that is a review @Beamodel :yep:.

I have not had success with SSI conditioners. Even with the constant losses, I am now tempted to try her leave in and moisturizers. I've always had good service with her and I don't want to base my opinion on just a product group alone. I'm not sure I will have success, but this is definitely the case with Shea Moisture. I'll browse her site and wait for her next sale to try something out.

Aggie

I have not had success with SSI conditioners. Even with the constant losses, I am now tempted to try her leave in and moisturizers. I've always had good service with her and I don't want to base my opinion on just a product group alone. I'm not sure I will have success, but this is definitely the case with Shea Moisture. I'll browse her site and wait for her next sale to try something out.

I have a few of SSI's conditioners but I haven't used any of them as yet.

I currently have SSI's:

Sugar Peach Super Moist Conditioner
Curl Moist Conditioner
Riche Moisture Masque

I have a lot of commercial protein conditioners and wanted some moisturizing conditioners. Between these and NG Marshmallow and NG Mango and Coconut, DB PSC, Bekura YAM Nectar, they should last me a while. I will review the SSI conditioners once I start using them.

I've already been tooting the praise of the NG conditioners and Bekura's YAM Nectar I have:lick:.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

That Cranberry cocktail is WONDERFUL for me

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen

Yes the Cranberry Cream Hair Cocktail and the Coco Creme Leave In are lovely :love:

I have the Green Tea Coconut Hair Milk but haven't tried it yet.

PJaye

I have a few of SSI's conditioners but I haven't used any of them as yet.

I currently have SSI's:

Sugar Peach Super Moist Conditioner
Curl Moist Conditioner
Riche Moisture Masque

I have a lot of commercial protein conditioners and wanted some moisturizing conditioners. Between these and NG Marshmallow and NG Mango and Coconut, DB PSC, Bekura YAM Nectar, they should last me a while. I will review the SSI conditioners once I start using them.

I've already been tooting the praise of the NG conditioners and Bekura's YAM Nectar I have:lick:.

Those are some really exemplary conditioners ya got there. The NG ones are excellent every single time I use them (when you get the opportunity, try the Jamaica Me Crazy DC...it's heaven in a jar), and those from SSI are divine. If anyone likes the SSI Avocado Conditioner, they need to sample the Sugar Peach because it blows it out of the water as far as softness, slip and moisture.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
HIT
  • Shea Moisture's Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque: My strands feel STRONG!
  • The ability at The Original Moxie site to create your own 4-item kit of samples and then pay only for the cost of 3 items.
  • My hair today. :smile: I like it!

REVISITED/REPURPOSED HIT
  • Kinky Curly Knot Today: I actually used it as a detangler instead of simply a moisturizing leave-in. :laugh: Um . . . Yeah! I can't fathom anything providing more slip for tangles. ANYONE FOUND SOMETHING BETTER? (That would be amazing.) TIA! :smile:

MISS
  • The way my gel nonchalantly, as-a-matter-of-factly gobbled up every bit of moisture I had so painstakingly applied to my strands. I think I want to eliminate gel from my regimen. We'll see.

Aggie

NEW HIT:

Design Essentials Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard was great on my, get this, dry hair as a stand alone product, definition for days.

It became a MISS when I put my Wetline Xtreme gel on top of it. It does not play well with gels. Suddenly my deliciously defined curls turned white and flaky so I know not to mix the custard with a gel:nono:.

Needless to say, I had to go and wash my hair out.

Aggie

Those are some really exemplary conditioners ya got there. The NG ones are excellent every single time I use them (when you get the opportunity, try the Jamaica Me Crazy DC...it's heaven in a jar), and those from SSI are divine. If anyone likes the SSI Avocado Conditioner, they need to sample the Sugar Peach because it blows it out of the water as far as softness, slip and moisture.

Thanks for the review of the Jamaica Me Natural Conditioner @PJaye. I will add that one to my wish list for the next sale.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
HIT
  • Shea Moisture's Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque: My strands feel STRONG!
  • The ability at The Original Moxie site to create your own 4-item kit of samples and then pay only for the cost of 3 items.
  • My hair today. :smile: I like it!

REVISITED/REPURPOSED HIT
  • Kinky Curly Knot Today: I actually used it as a detangler instead of simply a moisturizing leave-in. :laugh: Um . . . Yeah! I can't fathom anything providing more slip for tangles. ANYONE FOUND SOMETHING BETTER? (That would be amazing.) TIA! :smile:

MISS
  • The way my gel nonchalantly, as-a-matter-of-factly gobbled up every bit of moisture I had so painstakingly applied to my strands. I think I want to eliminate gel from my regimen. We'll see.

@YvetteWithJoy IMHO the Shea Moisture detanglers (Raw Shea butter, Low-Porosity & African Water Mint lines ) and Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion are better than Kinky-Curly Knot Today. The SM detanglers are extremely moisturizing.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
NEW HIT:

Design Essentials Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard was great on my, get this, dry hair as a stand alone product, definition for days.

It became a MISS when I put my Wetline Xtreme gel on top of it. It does not play well with gels. Suddenly my deliciously defined curls turned white and flaky so I know not to mix the custard with a gel:nono:.

Needless to say, I had to go and wash my hair out.

Thanks for sharing. Do you feel the DE Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard probably needs some kind of gel over it? I'm asking because I'm trying to find a way to wash-and-go WITHOUT gel. TIA!

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
@Bibliophile! @shawnyblazes!

What?!!!! :eek: :thud:

Wow! Hmm. How can I explain to hubby now that I probably gotta get some DESPITE the speech I just gave about being ready to go on a 3-month no-buy? :lol: Oh, well.

Girl, being on a no-buy in this thread is like shopping for vitamins at a crack house:lachen:

You have time with SM. There is always a BOGO type sale going on at Sally Beauty Supply, Ulta, CVS, Walgreens or Target.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Girl, being on a no-buy in this thread is like shopping for vitamins at a crack house:lachen:

You have time with SM. There is always a BOGO type sale going on at Sally Beauty Supply, Ulta, CVS, Walgreens or Target.

:lachen:

I was trying to be good and share helpful HITS. Forgot that I gotta see y'all's hits if I come in here. I don't need to learn about another hit!

No let me take my butt on out of here . . . :laugh:

Anaisin

Miss: Hydroquench Greaseless moisture & eco styler gel olive oil combo....my holy grail combo...

Sitting here trying to figure out why my hair feels & looks like crap