August 2016: Hits & Misses

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Revisited Hit:
APB Moisturizing Conditioner. I was just trying to use it because it's been there for so long, but it was delicious! My hair was nice and soft after rinsing. I can't use it consistently due to the SAA, so I can use one bottle and have to wait to use again, but I still love.

Miss:
Using 1/3 of APB MC in one sitting, and that was with a pump attached (old bottle). And that was me being light handed

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Revisited Hit:
APB Moisturizing Conditioner. I was just trying to use it because it's been there for so long, but it was delicious! My hair was nice and soft after rinsing. I can't use it consistently due to the SAA, so I can use one bottle and have to wait to use again, but I still love.

Miss:
Using 1/3 of APB MC in one sitting, and that was with a pump attached (old bottle). And that was me being light handed

Thats why I never repurchased. @Saludable84

Kindheart

Revisited Hit:

Miss:
What's SAA?0

Daina

Continued Hit: SM JBCO leave-in!!!!!

Moisturized last night and did 8 big twists and good gracious...woke up this morning with juicy, luciuous curls and waves. Also tried CR aloe whipped butter gel to seal. Want to try the CRN product before I declare a hit but the SM JBCO leave-in is bae!!!!!:2inlove:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hit 1: the Loc Soc - great for containing hair while, stays in place, and comfortable enough to wear over my ears if needed. Waiting for a sale...

Hit 2: babassu oil - I am not allergic to it, great for dry finger-detangling, hair eats it up, does not degrade my sebum/oil balance much. Therefore, I now have a substitute for coconut oil. I hope vendors will start using it more.

Miss: Hair still hates olive oil, greasy mess, ugh.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hit 1: the Loc Soc - great for containing hair while, stays in place, and comfortable enough to wear over my ears if needed. Waiting for a sale...

Hit 2: babassu oil - I am not allergic to it, great for dry finger-detangling, hair eats it up, does not degrade my sebum/oil balance much. Therefore, I now have a substitute for coconut oil. I hope vendors will start using it more.

Miss: Hair still hates olive oil, greasy mess, ugh.

Have you tried Obia's products? I think she incorporates babassu oil in several of her products, iirc.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
QB ABCDEFG Butter. My hair is so soft. I literally stood at my closet and tested 5 different butters and creams and this one just melted on my dirty hair. I'm glad used it

APB Cherry and Kukui Lotion. I actually do not need to use a lot of it. I want to try another lotion or cream in the future.

Tentative Hit:
DevaCurl No Poo Decadence. It is more moisturizing than the original; my guess is the quinoa. Being that you can use this stuff daily, I hope it doesn't cause a problem.

Miss:
Leaving Aussie Moist in my hair. We are not going to talk about it.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit:
QB ABCDEFG Butter. My hair is so soft. I literally stood at my closet and tested 5 different butters and creams and this one just melted on my dirty hair. I'm glad used it

APB Cherry and Kukui Lotion. I actually do not need to use a lot of it. I want to try another lotion or cream in the future.

Tentative Hit:
DevaCurl No Poo Decadence. It is more moisturizing than the original; my guess is the quinoa. Being that you can use this stuff daily, I hope it doesn't cause a problem.

Miss:
LMAO at you and @IDareT'sHair with ABCDEFG butter!!!!

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit:

Tentative Hit:

Miss:

Add the Cupuacu Hair Lotion to your list if you haven't tried it @Saludable84 . Heaven in a bottle. PS: get it in the Cherry Bomb scent.

CodeRed

Hit and miss: super cheap conditioners

I tried most of the $1 conditioners and only one was ok/good (Suave Essentials Coconut Conditioner). The rest were just meh because unless I was going to co-wash multiple times a week they weren't going to be of any benefit. They weren't bad, just not too good either.

Hit: Inexpensive conditioners

I like the non-professional L'Oreal lines, Tresemme, Garnier Fructis, etc. They do what they say they're going to do and the results are more long lasting.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Mega Hit: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
:dance7:
Good bye Aphogee.
How exactly did you use it. I used it on my DD last week. I put 1 part npf and 2 parts water in a spray bottle and sprayed it generously on sections of her hair. I put her under the dryer for 20 minutes then used a dc after that. I think her hair felt strong yet moisturized after that, but I NEED to know how everyone else who uses this does it. I'm also glad to say bye bye to Aphogee.

NaturallyATLPCH

@Dayjoy and @Saludable84 I used it as a protein treatment. I transfered it to a spray bottle, saturated it through my hair without diluting it, then put a plastic cap on for 30 minutes (I was only going to leave it on for 15 as @lulu97 suggested but I got lazy lol). My hair soaked it up. There was nothing when I rinsed it out. While I was styling my hair, very, very little to hardly any breakage and now my hair is drying SO SOFT with my products in it.

I'll sit under the dryer next time.

Thank you to the ladies on this board for suggesting it!